Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Enemy detection range needs to be lowered.

(PSN)Sho_Shianzo

I'm sorry,but this new detection range that you guys have implemented is by far more off putting than the inclusion of sound on melee hitting floor and walls.  If I kill an enemy on one side of the room and 30 meters away a guy sees him go down or worse sees me do the finisher all enemies are now alerted to my presence even enemies in other three rooms.  This kills all avenues of stealth play unless you are using a frame with invisibility.  Even then you must have a sleep ability just to keep everyone unalerted.

I was gonna complain about stealth kills not receiving the bonus affinity unless you use finisher but I have already seen in other posts that this is a bug. Please DE address the enemy detection range as it is clearly overtuned .

Edited by (PS4)Sho_Shianzo

2 hours ago, (PS4)Sho_Shianzo said:

I'm sorry,but this new detection range

Oh it's not new.  It's been around for about the last 2 years.  It just hasn't been bad as it is now because we recently lost things that helped compensate.  things like the ability to destroy enemy bodies using channeled melee attacks.  

1 hour ago, taiiat said:

just needs everything related to Stealth/Detection to be reverted back to 2 years ago when it all worked pretty much fine.

I completely agree with this.  De was so concerned with stopping Stealth Affinity Farming that the only thing they really accomplished was making it so that only one frame can do it instead of multiple.  

16 hours ago, Hawk_of_the_Reborn said:

Grineer may be dumb, but even they use comms over space radios

This would be fine if they had an animation for this so that you'd have an opportunity to counter, but they do not as if you look at your mini map as soon as one guy spots you and pulls out his gun the other enemies arrows turn red to. Before you say that the radio is always on that would mean as soon as they hear one grineer death gurgle the entire ship should go into panic mode.

Edited by (PS4)Sho_Shianzo