Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

General Arch-Gun Feedback

(PSN)Singularity-X1

Arch-guns feel way too weak considering that they are supposed to be heavy, hard hitting, non-mutation using weapons that are designed to deal with enemy spacecraft but they struggle in terrestrial combat compared to their normally used competition. Even with rivens, most arch-guns (haven't used Larkspur yet, but I'm pretty sure it's the same story) struggle with content leveled 40-50+. They have to be melting those levels at or around base considering we have to call the weapons in with a cooldown timer and specialized ammunition. I don't know if it's the weapons, or the mods given to them, but i'm nearly certain it's just because of the weapons' base stats and their available firepower themselves. They're fun, but frankly and honestly, they're simply not good enough for all the restrictions placed on them.

Larkspur is actually pretty fun, the alt-fire is a garbage can though. However, being a massive chaining beam that does great status and can proc corrosive often while stacking heat makes it one of the best atmospheric scaling AGs aside from Cyngas. 

But, essentially, yes. All of the atmospheric archguns are extremely weak, and their only true purpose is basically Orb fights just so that you can deal damage at specific times, despite being weaker than regular guns.