Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Transferring planned kuva lich upgrading mechanic to rivens?

Sahansral

Hi,

from the workshop thread regarding the incoming changes to kuva lich weapons;

Valence Transfer Infusion

• First introduced in 26.0.6, Valence Transfer was designed to address owning duplicate Kuva weapons with different unique innate damage bonuses. Giving you the ability to replace a Kuva weapon’s innate damage bonus (plus investments like Forma, Focus Lens etc) with one from another Kuva weapon was a good start, but we can push this even further!

Valence Transfer now also boosts your Kuva weapons innate damage bonus. Examples:
  • Your Kuva Kohm with 25% damage can be infused into your 40% weapon, to make it 44%
  • Your Kuva Kohm with 40% damage can be infused into your 25% weapon, to make it 44%
  • Your Kuva Kohm with 25% damage can be infused into your 44% weapon, to make it 48.4%

Your Kuva weapon duplicates now offer a gradual progression towards a “perfect” Kuva weapon, which would reflect a 60% damage value, if you choose to pursue this path.

-------------------------------------------------

How about transfering this mechanic to rivens? Frustrating RNG by rerolling gets replaced by a guaranteed improvement by investing time and effort into a single riven ending ultimately in a perfect one with max stats. Perhaps the overall maximum stats would have to get reduced for balance reasons, but that would reconsile me with what I consider be most awful RNG upon RNG in Warframe at the moment.

Edited by Sahansral
  • Like 4

Don't Riven mods just pick a set of stats and multiply them by their weapon's Riven multiplier? Like of it rolls "crit chance" twice it will have the same crit chance? Or do Rivens actually have randomized stats?

58 minutes ago, Xaero said:

This, and Railjack parts should have it too.

This i agree with. Like how MK3 parts have those random bonuses ("shields recharge faster while boosting" and such), I wish I could Valence transfer those

11 minutes ago, TARINunit9 said:

Don't Riven mods just pick a set of stats and multiply them by their weapon's Riven multiplier? Like of it rolls "crit chance" twice it will have the same crit chance?

Definitely not. I remember rolling exactly same stat types but the newly rolled number was a bit higher.

I can imagine feeding useless rivens (for any weapon with any stats) to maximize output of the desired riven.

Edited by Xaero

2 hours ago, Sahansral said:

How about transfering this mechanic to rivens?

LOL. nice as I'm sure that would be, that's just too convenient. DE makes a lot of money from plat used to purchase Rivens, do you think they're gonna give you an easy route to a perfect roll so you don't have to trade? unlikely.

2 hours ago, Xaero said:

This, and Railjack parts should have it too.

this one I do agree with, because at least then Dirac has a use beyond upgrading your Avionics grid. rerolls for Dirac would ensure that the resource remains forever useful, and cut down on the need to farm for that perfect roll component.

• Like 1

This is too good to be true and I'm not going to be surprised if they add some BS mechanic that adds a chance that one of those weapons will break during the transfer. Oooopppsss, they broke, better farm it again, sorry.

puss in boots oops GIF

Edited by Mikaer88

52 minutes ago, Mikaer88 said:

This is too good to be true and I'm not going to be surprised if they add some BS mechanic that adds a chance that one of those weapons will break during the transfer. Oooopppsss, they broke, better farm it again, sorry.

puss in boots oops GIF

Would not think they be that sadistic, sort of like the B.S. you would see on games like Mabinogi & Vindictus where things were cruel enough in the former with repair rates of 92%, 95% and 98% where you could lose a point of durability of the repair`er screwed up and in the latter, after a certain point of enhancements, they could fail, reduce the enhance or at higher points if they fail, end up destroying the weapon entirely. Not even counting the repair costs where the former cost more for higher success rates and the latter was not cheap on the crafting materials.

But in all honesty, Riven mods definitely do not need it, They need a massive redesign, such as taking advantage of that whole riven disposition variation such as how a riven can have dispositions based on which weapon it was. I remember mentioning in a previous thread on the CRAZY idea of them just having riven mods be for particular weapon groups in order to squelch `trash roll issues` and maybe with the less clutter they could focus on things more like buffing the variation values to have stronger scaling for the `weaker weapons` and less scaling value on the stronger end of things. But really thats just me wanting them to smooth out the system to likely kill off the `riven mafia memes` more and make it a more friendly system for players and weapons that people enjoy, instead of following a `meta` that normally gets nerfed.

ANYWAY, at the very least the railjack guns adopting this new system would likely be cool too, but i still wish scrapping found `salvage` would guarantee giving a chunk titanium, before you start building it, as a much better alternative to farming that rather expensive to stock resource.

4 hours ago, Mikaer88 said:

What I'm saying is that everytime these developers open their pie holes, I always do my very best to lower my already low expectations.

I lost that expectation a long time ago, but doesnt mean i cant enjoy letting my brain get some exercise by thinking up these things, while i am taking a break after enjoying good games a bit too long. Very least the fact D.E. not only is finally getting around to giving the hotfixes for console PLUS spared no waits to ship out some important kuva lich changes on all platforms, well, i expect some bugs to be present but i will generally feel impressed if its mostly bug free enough to play and i can enjoy maxing out my 2 favorite kuva weapons, the Quartakk & the douba stubba, the latter being my new auto pick that replaced catch moon due to it being such a great compliment weapon to my favorite primary at the moment, opticor vandal.

....and yes, i still used the catchmoon for a while even with the range `nerf`, its just the douba stubba, is a nice heavy clip gun with a good stat spread and a single mod called primed quickdraw made it such a lovely beast of a weapon, before the bonus stat and bonus capacity is even accounted for.

Edited by Avienas
  • Like 1

vor 8 Stunden schrieb (PS4)robotwars7:

LOL. nice as I'm sure that would be, that's just too convenient. DE makes a lot of money from plat used to purchase Rivens, do you think they're gonna give you an easy route to a perfect roll so you don't have to trade? unlikely..

I honestly don't know. I always thought rivens are meant as a really bad way to stretch ingame time, a warped idea of an endgame. 
And the little naive kid in me hopes that DE realizes that in their game with so much content they don't need that.
If it's a main money source for them, then chances for changes are slim...but at least with ther coming changes to kuva weapons we can point at their inconsequence here.

And that's kind of fun, too 😁

Edited by Sahansral

13 hours ago, Sahansral said:

How about transfering this mechanic to rivens? Frustrating RNG by rerolling gets replaced by a guaranteed improvement by investing time and effort into a single riven ending ultimately in a perfect one with max stats. Perhaps the overall maximum stats would have to get reduced for balance reasons, but that would reconsile me with what I consider be most awful RNG upon RNG in Warframe at the moment.

I think we need more specifics for how this would actually work.

Lich weapons have same-stat-different-magnitude differences. You combine Lich weapons that both have Radiation (which you can determine via Frame choice) and the combination has Radiation, but a bit higher than either.

But the main RNG on Rivens isn't the magnitude, like it will be on Lich weapons, but the stat itself (magnitude being also RNG but to a much smaller degree). So how do we combine those? Do we re-roll its stats? Let users pick the stats they want to keep when combining? Does it work for Rivens of different weapons, so we could combine ones we don't use to boost ones we do use? So on and so forth.

On 2020-01-30 at 6:55 PM, Tyreaus said:

But the main RNG on Rivens isn't the magnitude, like it will be on Lich weapons, but the stat itself (magnitude being also RNG but to a much smaller degree). So how do we combine those? Do we re-roll its stats? Let users pick the stats they want to keep when combining? Does it work for Rivens of different weapons, so we could combine ones we don't use to boost ones we do use? So on and so forth.

A couple of suggestions; to begin, you need 2 rivens for the same weapon.

1) You decide to combine them.
The result is a similar screen you get after rerolling a Riven, but it offers you 3 results;
- Keep the 1st riven
- Take the resulting one which has randomly mixed stats from the two
- Keep the 2nd riven

2) You decide to strenghten one of them
You lose the second riven. The first riven keeps its stats, and gets a minor improvement in their strength. This can't go over what RNG could provide in the first place. If you have all the great stats on a riven, but a bad roll, it would take up to 10-20 rivens for the same weapon to bring it up to a top-strength roll.