Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Energy Vampire, Please Don't Change It /revert It

Chocobite

I love trinity the way she is now. Especially energy vampire's changes.

People who hate EV after the patch, please read my post carefully.

In my opinion, trinity is a support frame, so she will be godlike when she has reliable teammate who fit other role.

EV  give a chance for your teammate to not focusing gain energy from killing/shooting certain enemies.
They can leisurely do whatever they role need to do, no need worry about search energy.

The radius is okay, especially in defense, survival, mobile defense. It is 25 meters. Highest of any damaging ultimate. If you think this is not enough, give stretch mod to your trin.

Tick slowly? I don't really mind this, because with streamline and focus, do you know that you got 32 energy at the first tick for 35 energy cost? with energy siphon, you almost feel that you don't waste energy at all. This also give all of your teammate free energy. 

For the most important thing,  I see many people feel that energy vampire kill their host easily, but the new Well of Lifehelps here. Do you know if you cast EV, then WoL at the enemy, EV will take % from enemy's base health, not the one which multiply by 10x. With this combo, even my nova teammate spam her ultimate, mol prime, the enemy won't down easily, esp the enemy is heavy/ancient/etc. 

With this combo, when EV is wear off, you can recast it again, so you only need 1 enemy for maxing all of your teammate energy forever (not let enemy dying).

People should learn to avoid shooting enemy with energy vampire, that is what every people need to do. 4 people in a squad even can take a sit to get max energy from 1 enemy if they don't shoot the enemy at all while old EV can't do this.

Link may be needed to be reworked, because I don't use this skill anymore. WoL only used for give 10x health to enemy and please don't change it, this works well for EV. WoL should give ammo/others rather than health because we have our Blessing

For closing words, I can give my teammate Blessing for invicibility almost all the time because I easily maxed my energy, and at the same time maxed all my teammate's energy as well.

I'm sorry for  the grammatical error and bad English.

Great commentary on the synergisms with Trinity's new powers.  I haven't played with Trinity in multiplayer yet after her powers were changed, but I feel like she is definately more well rounded.  While Trinity cannot be forever invincible anymore using link, the new powers encourage skill and planning to maximize their potential.

Great commentary on the synergisms with Trinity's new powers.  I haven't played with Trinity in multiplayer yet after her powers were changed, but I feel like she is definately more well rounded.  While Trinity cannot be forever invincible anymore using link, the new powers encourage skill and planning to maximize their potential.

Mind you, the WoL-EV combo with four Trinity's destroys Phorid in seconds.

It's kind of broken, but really nice.

I expect the thread to devolve into 'I like this better'. EV is a very powerful ability since it can essentially give you infinite energy, but the way it distributes it makes it garbage for casual play. Energy isn't really a sparse resource for that though so meh. When you really need to use it EV is perfect, and basically makes your team invincible. Trinity may be the best Warframe in the game purely because of EV, and it will probably always be this way, but I suppose it makes up or her being crap in casual play.

Edit: Cynicism is bad kids.

Edited by BadAimbot

I find the new EV much more helpful than the old, and it is just a nicer feeling skill to use. It not only restores energy but is a very handy way to take an enemy heavy out of the equation for a few vital seconds in a tight situation.

The leading complaint against the new one is that people kill it before it gives it's effects. I don't find player ignorance or lack of caring to be a valid reason to change it back, but that is just my opinion.

Oh hey Choco!

I agree, but I also would like to add that EV is very counter intuitive. People like to attack whatever is glowing, whether an EV target or mind controlled one by Nyx. That's just how it is. It's also strange that sometimes, you almost need to use well of life just to keep EV effective.

I still stand with the suggestion of giving EV a death pulse giving double or 1.5x the energy of a normal pulse when it is killed prematurely. That way it won't make people be counter intuitive and you can still use the current combos if you want. Additionally, you and the team can even plan out your kill more carefully by killing the enemy after the last pulse, giving the additional death pulse.

In short, I hope they don't revert it back, but tweak the power so that it has a better flow with the game fast pace. Oh and please fix the power duration issue on it...

As for Well of Life itself, that skill is extremely redundant due to Blessing, so it needs to be changed (similarly to Rhino's Radial Blast getting scrapped for the much more effective Rhino's Roar). For some reason, DE seems to think that support is only about "health and mana." Trinity needs a new support skill not related to restoration.

Edited by Casardis

Mind you, the WoL-EV combo with four Trinity's destroys Phorid in seconds.

It's kind of broken, but really nice.

Now I'm confused.  Did EV get changed since the last time it was changed because I remember people complaining that the new changes killed Trinity?  I only play Trinity in casual play, so I didn't notice any game breaking pro builds.

Now I'm confused.  Did EV get changed since the last time it was changed because I remember people complaining that the new changes killed Trinity?  I only play Trinity in casual play, so I didn't notice any game breaking pro builds.

People complain that the new changes killed Trinity mostly because they aren't used to the new sets, or they haven't seen the full potential of them yet. Trinity right now is quite great, though she still needs a few tweaking/buffs.

Was Energy vampire chanced in the last few days?

It change at patch 9.8, in community hot topic, they mention that majority want EV to reverted back.

I still think the old EV was better but the new one has its pros too

So if they would just fuse them somehow this would be better.

i would even like the new EV when not this stupid range limit.

But if there are no range limit, I think the skill will be too OP.

I find the new EV much more helpful than the old, and it is just a nicer feeling skill to use. It not only restores energy but is a very handy way to take an enemy heavy out of the equation for a few vital seconds in a tight situation.

The leading complaint against the new one is that people kill it before it gives it's effects. I don't find player ignorance or lack of caring to be a valid reason to change it back, but that is just my opinion.

Oh hey Choco!

I agree, but I also would like to add that EV is very counter intuitive. People like to attack whatever is glowing, whether an EV target or mind controlled one by Nyx. That's just how it is. It's also strange that sometimes, you almost need to use well of life just to keep EV effective.

I still stand woth the suggestion of giving EV a death pulse giving double or 1.5x the energy of a normal pulse when it is killed prematurely. That way it won't make people be counter intuitive and you can still use the current combos if you want. Additionally, you and the team can even plan out your kill more carefully by killing the enemy after the last pulse, giving the additional death pulse.

In short, I hope they don't revert it back, but tweak the power so that it has a better flow with the game fast pace. Oh and please fix the power duration issue on it...

Everybody will learn somehow if the trin always notify them. Maybe sooner or later when everybody have been used to the new EV, this problem can be avoided.

When DE reworked Energy Vampire by making it pulse energy, people found it counter-intuitive to most gameplay as it required not killing the target and staying around it, which is both odd and very dangerous.

It hasn't been reverted or changed again since.

When DE reworked Energy Vampire by making it pulse energy, people found it counter-intuitive to most gameplay as it required not killing the target and staying around it, which is both odd and very dangerous.

It hasn't been reverted or changed again since.

But DE make the target can't do anything. Just pulsing energy, maybe odd, but not dangerous. :D

DE know about this

If you check the October 4th hot topics, they state that they gathered this idea of what to do with Trinity from the forums.

"Trinity: Link needs a damage buff, EV needs to be reverted back"

Just passing on the info.

Everybody will learn somehow if the trin always notify them. Maybe sooner or later when everybody have been used to the new EV, this problem can be avoided.

Not really because new players are constantly coming in, and some "veterans" don't play often with a Trinity/aren't informed/don't care. The idea is that players shouldn't be "punished" for killing, especially since some frame's main purpose is to destroy everything. Of course, one can argue to use Well of Life before EV, but again, that goes back to my argument on how I find it weird that it's almost a need use both.

To keep with the flow and pace, as well as other Warframes, EV could use a tweak to "reward" players instead of punishing them from doing what they should be: killing. The tweak I'm suggesting is the death pulse, which I don't see why it can't be implemented because it's pretty much putting old and new EV together in a way that can fix the issue people brought forward.

But DE make the target can't do anything. Just pulsing energy, maybe odd, but not dangerous. :D

Often in huge fire fights it's a bit harder to notice this, or even care about it. Not many people will actually stop shooting at the target just because it stopped moving. In fact, because it stopped moving, many would prioritize them instead since it's easy target to wipe out (especially if it's a heavy unit). It's even truer when you're getting swarmed and you have to use your Ult.

Also, unless you use WoL, the enemy can get out of stun if they get knocked down, staggered, ragdolled.

DE know about this

If you check the October 4th hot topics, they state that they gathered this idea of what to do with Trinity from the forums.

You haven't even read the first post. Choco here, and a few others, are against the idea of reverting it back like DE said in the latest hot topics post.

Edited by Casardis

Not really because new players are constantly coming in, and some "veterans" don't play often with a Trinity/aren't informed/don't care. The idea is that players shouldn't be "punished" for killing, especially since some frame's main purpose is to destroy everything. Of course, one can argue to use Well of Life before EV, but again, that goes back to my argument on how I find it weird that it's almost a need use both.

To keep with the flow and pace, as well as other Warframes, EV could use a tweak to "reward" players instead of punishing them from doing what they should be: killing.

If EV can be improving further from this, Im totally agree with you of course. But for now, we just try to block EV to be reverted back.

DE know about this

And this is why this thread started.

With no range limit i meant that i would just cast EV on a target as far as posible so my team dont kill it 

Yeah, The problem is not the trin itself, but her teammates.

This is why , the best solution is the one which is suggested by Casardis. By rewarding more EP for premature kill.

Even we are not trying to kill it, sentinel can't think much of this. :P

Edited by Dracobite

the problem with ev is the pulse timer - many times target dies before it gives more than 1 pulse even if you combine it with well (especially if ppl have crazy op loadouts)

it would be better if ev gave energy right away after the cast

you can compare it to rogue energy in wow - it used to be that rogue energy was regenerating in pulses , but they changed it to continuous recharge which makes for more fluid gameplay - same problem effects ev

the problem with ev is the pulse timer - many times target dies before it gives more than 1 pulse even if you combine it with well (especially if ppl have crazy op loadouts)

it would be better if ev gave energy right away after the cast

you can compare it to rogue energy in wow - it used to be that rogue energy was regenerating in pulses , but they changed it to continuous recharge which makes for more fluid gameplay - same problem effects ev

This is another good suggestion. But I should say, at least the new one is better than the old ones. So revert it will be a total waste.  They should improve it to make it more viable.

For addition, people with crazy op loadouts, please don't be so ignorant. :D

Sooner or later you should understand that is EV.

Edited by Dracobite

Why not just fuse WoL and EV and create an new ability for the first slot?

This will be annoying too. If you want to give small amount energy and let the enemy die, 2 skill slot is better for flexiblelity. Just make different effect for WoL rather than health but still give 10x health.

Oh hey Choco!

I still stand with the suggestion of giving EV a death pulse giving double or 1.5x the energy of a normal pulse when it is killed prematurely. That way it won't make people be counter intuitive and you can still use the current combos if you want. Additionally, you and the team can even plan out your kill more carefully by killing the enemy after the last pulse, giving the additional death pulse.

As for Well of Life itself, that skill is extremely redundant due to Blessing, so it needs to be changed (similarly to Rhino's Radial Blast getting scrapped for the much more effective Rhino's Roar). For some reason, DE seems to think that support is only about "health and mana." Trinity needs a new support skill not related to restoration.

Hi, Casardis =)

I kinda agree with your idea, so the enemy with EV won't die for nothing if it die too fast

Why not just fuse WoL and EV and create an new ability for the first slot?

You absolutely don't want to cast WoL to Golem at OD right ? >,<

Edited by Chocobite