Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Amalgam companions

Imperator_Wselennoy

I have an idea for you Digital Extreme. Why not make Amalgam companions?  They can be modular, like MOA, which greatly diversifies the gameplay. This could be realized with the advent of a new war. 

Post #2

I am not the author of the entire Warframe epic, so I can only go on.  I think that amalgams are mind-creating creations that are created to obey and obey orders.  It is possible that tenno will learn to use these technologies and be able to adapt them in the form of companions.

Post #3

For example, the parts needed to create companions could fall from the amalgam when they were killed.

Edited by Imperator_Wselennoy
  • Like 1

3 минуты назад, 844448 сказал:

What is the background story behind amalgam companions? Perhaps you can provide a backstory for that instead of "it would have come out very cool"? Considering the hostile element of sentient

I am not the author of the entire Warframe epic, so I can only go on.  I think that amalgams are mind-creating creations that are created to obey and obey orders.  It is possible that tenno will learn to use these technologies and be able to adapt them in the form of companions.

1 hour ago, Imperator_Wselennoy said:

Why not make Amalgam companions?

Companion AI reworks first, then we can talk about new companion designs.

as it stands, any new companions are just a novelty MR fodder item because the AI sucks too much for them to be useful. don't get me wrong, Amalgam companions are interesting, but we seriously need the AI looking at, and have done for some time.

• Like 2

2 часа назад, (PS4)robotwars7 сказал:

Companion AI reworks first, then we can talk about new companion designs.

as it stands, any new companions are just a novelty MR fodder item because the AI sucks too much for them to be useful. don't get me wrong, Amalgam companions are interesting, but we seriously need the AI looking at, and have done for some time.

I think that animations and attacking component could be taken from ordinary amalgams.  It would remain only to make a binding to the warframe

As long as they behave like sentinals and not like pets (kubrows / kavats).  

Until I can save a pet to my Warframe configuration and not have it disapear because of a stupid outdated stasis system, I don't want anymore pets.  If I can only keep one out, I'll keep out smeeta and the rest can rot and die.  

This is the main issue with pets, changing this one thing would open the door to different builds for different missions.  

For some reason, DE doesn't like us to use the diversity they create.  So I say, stop making it.  Sorry to poop on your thread.  

Edited by Educated_Beast
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, 844448 said:

What is the background story behind amalgam companions? Perhaps you can provide a backstory for that instead of "it would have come out very cool"? Considering the hostile element of sentient

Once upon a time, there was an Orokin Kubrow that bit Ballas. Ballas was angry and beat the Kubrow. While the Kubrow was recovering from pet abuse, Ballas made it play Orokin Chess while he taunted the Kubrow. The Kubrow was then made to kill his best friend whom was not worth mentioning until this point. And then Ballas made the Kubrow into a sentient. Centuries later, Alad V caught the Sentient Kubrow and grafted Moa legs for its head (seriously, why are Moa legs sticking out of some of Amalgams' heads?). On a random Jupiter Mission (with 0.001% chance), the Kubrow caught wind of an adorable MR1 Excalibur and decided to follow him/her as a smarter variant of a pet! The End.

• Like 2

I mean, I like new shiny things and more customization but...

12 hours ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

Pretty much sums it up.

For the longest of time I used carrier.  Then with fetch it was smeeta forever. Now with dethcube prime i'm conflicted between smeeta and the cube.

• Synth deconstruct + Energy Generator + Vacuum +Primed Animal Instinct = huge QoL upgrade for most missions
  • Smeeta buff + Fetch + Primed Animal Instinct = huge QoL upgrade for farming (kuva, really the only thing worth farming 99% the time as all others are just stockpiled)

As for dethcube prime, only because of it's improved armor.  I found that dethcube would die too easily so I always just preferred smeeta.  With dethcube prime it survives enough now to make it really good for spawning hp/energy.

2 hours ago, vegetosayajin said:

Wait, isn't this the only requirement usually?

That's usually the reasoning, but things still have to make some sense in the context of the game as a whole.

Amalgam Companions don't make any sense, and aren't necessary. Got to remember we still have half the Sentinels and most Beast Companions as well as the entire pet system in general to rework. Amalgams are Corpus and Sentient Hybrids, and most of them are regular enemies or Proxies we already have in some form. Having them in any other form outside of a Specter is unnecessary.

You really should be asking for Companions to share precepts in their respective "species" (so Adarza could use Smeeta Precepts), for better precepts in general, weapons for Beast Companions, the list goes on. I'd really just work on getting what we have up to snuff before bringing in another heap of useless Companions.

You'd be better off asking for modular Sentinels, as much as it pains me to admit.