Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ThompFox15

Why some players say DE needs to fix UI?

I don't get it, why some players&youtubers are complaining about Warframe UI? I play Warframe and tbh it's good but boring sometimes.....

Cause its ****?

Especially your inventory.

Its literally impossible to find anything just by looking at it and useless icons just clog everything. You have different relics like requiem, why the f I, II, III and IV all look the same, what the point of the icon? You couldnt color them differently at least?

If you like flashy icons so much, make at least 90% of them unique and not just warframe blueprint ones. THEN they will make sense. Now they dont.

1 minute ago, -Temp0- said:

Cause its ****?

Its literally impossible to find anything just by looking at it and useless icons just clog everything. You have different relics like requiem, why the f I, II, III and IV all look the same, what the point of the icon? You couldnt color them differently at least?

If you like flashy icons so much, make at least 90% of them unique and not just warframe blueprint ones. THEN they will make sense. Now they dont.

Ohhh that's the problem......Thx,man I hope, DE listen to this😃

As a console player i'd say new UI is bugged, sluggish, unfinished mess. DE updating UI since ... mid 2018? Speaking for consoles only, dunno ab pc.

8 minutes ago, -Temp0- said:

Cause its ****?

Why do you need to find something by just looking at it?
Surely if you know what you want you can use the searchbar?

honestly, I don't really have any problems with the current UI. if I need something specific, I use the searchbar.

Just now, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

honestly, I don't really have any problems with the current UI. if I need something specific, I use the searchbar.

Yeah, I usually use searchbar If I don't find any specific items

3 minutes ago, Kylo. said:

Uuuuuuuhhhhh

Personally I'd like to see the in mission UI changed so we can scale the individual elements separately. Some of us want a bigger (or smaller) map on screen and the rest as is, or any variation. Otherwise I'm fine with the rest as is.

why de? i can do it. and many other coders can do it. just check something like wow addons.

only players can code high quality addons because they play the game.

For anyone interested, there is a good thread highlighting all the problems with the UI design.

Don’t burden DE to waste time on this. The priority should be to buff all weapons and Rivens  and polish the game. 

28 минут назад, Kylo. сказал:

Well if I "dont need" those icons then the f are they there clogging my screen instead of simple names?

Its even worse they're all the same basically, even arcane icons are only different in small symbol that is inside the main icon which no one gives rat's *** about, at least those kind of things could have had unique interesting design, now they dont and they look like in trashy Anthem, which is even worse than Warframe ui design, but thats the whole point.

Цитата

Don’t burden DE to waste time on this. The priority should be to buff all weapons and Rivens  and polish the game.

you dimwit, people responsible for ui and art have nothing to do with balance and similar things. Good god.

On PS4 You cant accept invites while in the chat window. 

When you want to be invited for something after making a post in a chat, you essentially have to rapidly exit out of everything fast. You basically need to be told in advance when an invites coming so you can be ready for it.

While I do think the developers need to fix/change/streamline a lot of the UI in the game, I DO NOT want them to continue to change the UI while the HEAD UI DEVELOPER position is still open. 

From a business perspective, it makes no sense to update the UI even with the best artists available because having great artists plus a UI developer will always be more beneficial to the businesses bottomline.