Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Corpse-destroying Weapons

thurmack

Question

I'm looking to invest in a weapon that can kill enemies silently and destroy the corpses.

Acrid seems like a decent candidate, but does anyone know of other weapons that disintegrate corpses?

Also, it's not clear from the wiki - does Acrid destroy corpses only on direct kills from hits, or also from the innate toxin procs?

12 answers to this question

Any weapon can destroy corpses if you use the right elements: Fire convert corpses into ashes, Corrosive (electricity + toxin) melts corpses, Ice will convert enemies into statues that will break into little pieces. Also as far as I can remember doing overkill damage with Radiation (electricity + fire) makes them to be atomized in little particles.

39 minutes ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

Ferrox (Primary Fire), Opticor, Arca Plasmor (?), trying to rememeber others...

^  This...  Add the Nukor, and the Lenz, and any weapons with insane amounts of corrosive procs (my Kuva Brakk often does this too).  

I can understand you not wanting to alarm the enemies as you're running a mission, but the question I still ask is that if you're running with a Nekros/Nekros Prime:

But-why-meme-generator-but-why-84103d.jp

Even Desecrate/Defile makes the bodies disappear and leave pretty gifts for their passing.  

1 minute ago, MBaldelli said:

but the question I still ask is that if you're running with a Nekros/Nekros Prime

From what i remember, Disintegrated Corpses still leave a footprint behind which Nekro`s Desecrate can produce loot from. This was done to avoid issues with Nekros and other frames that rely on the presence of corpses.

3 minutes ago, vegetosayajin said:

I don't, is there any point?

As a solo player that likes to run the whole of the map, I often try to accomplish the personal achievement of running the map without a Loki or Ivara and never once have an alarm sounded.  Having no bodies left behind makes it easier to accomplish because if there's a patrol off two or more, while one stands over the body looking at it, the other is running to the alarm to sound it.  

Just now, BiancaRoughfin said:

From what i remember, Disintegrated Corpses still leave a footprint behind which Nekro`s Desecrate can produce loot from. This was done to avoid issues with Nekros and other frames that rely on the presence of corpses.

Thanks for the update.  I am still working on the premise that there still needs to be bit(s) of a corpse in order to desecrate/defile it.  I know DE stopped with their insane hobbling of multiple frames that harvest the bodies and didn't realize this is how they overcame their sadism for a farming game.

I'll try it next time I'm running a solo mission. 

Edited by MBaldelli
2 for 1 response day.

1 hour ago, MBaldelli said:

As a solo player that likes to run the whole of the map, I often try to accomplish the personal achievement of running the map without a Loki or Ivara and never once have an alarm sounded.  Having no bodies left behind makes it easier to accomplish because if there's a patrol off two or more, while one stands over the body looking at it, the other is running to the alarm to sound it

I get that - takes a lot of time and has little reward, but Warframe is a game, and games are meant to entertain - I have more fun and de-stress better from methodically sneaking through a mission (usually Ash or Umbra) than just 'accomplishing the mission' - trying for no alerts, headshot counts, all the marks/caches. 

It's not patrols that rock my boat so much as fresh spawns in the rooms behind me - but, yeah, corpses that disappear are nicer than corpses that lay around all day - all corpses despawn pretty quick though - wonder what the variance is?

Edited by Canach

5 hours ago, vegetosayajin said:

So it's a personal goal?
Any point in the game tho, I could be missing something?
Also you could achieve the same thing with sleepquinox if I'm not mistaken.

In order..   1. Yes...  2. For the mission, no.  For the player -- YMMV. And 3. not everyone has or wants to play based on the meta.  After all, some of us like to run missions with mains that don't involve a Sleepinox. I happen to like running with Nidus which creates a hell of a mess of bodies after larva and virulence. Depending on whether I catch the random spawn -- there will be a hell of a lot of bodies lying about the map tile. 

You got the gist of it though; it's about personal entertainment.  Go with that.  

3 hours ago, Canach said:

It's not patrols that rock my boat so much as fresh spawns in the rooms behind me - but, yeah, corpses that disappear are nicer than corpses that lay around all day - all corpses despawn pretty quick though - wonder what the variance is?

I hear you on this.   Since DE has opened up the floodgates on extermination missions having unlimited spawns and you only have to kill the required number of them -- spawning has become insane in many places where it's completely immersion breaking.  Case in point missions on Neptune and farther out I can sometimes end up in an area of the map where they're spawning right in front of me, 10, 15, even 20 times until the spawn gives up throwing things for me to kill.  About the only missions that comes close to the old exterminate missions is the Capture missions.  After a short while, the game gives up and you can move on.  

In solo missions however, the de-spawning enemies can be extremely inconsistent.  Sometimes it's quickly (less than 10 seconds).  Sometimes not so much (upward to 45 seconds).  That's usually enough for a randomly spawned patrol to catch the carcasses and sound the alarm. 

But this is neither here nor there to the OP's question.  Hopefully the weapons listed by @BiancaRoughfin and I will satisfy his needs.