Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Suggestion: Forma from [Requiem Relics]

LostFrequency_

So, an idea: what if Requiem Relics had a chance at dropping built forma? 

It would make them more worthwhile in my opinion, and could make progressing in beefing up new weapons and frames faster.

If built Forma would cut the advancement time too much, then maybe a type of Forma Blueprint with 12h construction time instead of the usual 24?

Or even the usual 24h uptime, but in a separate slot so you can have 2 Forma building at once.

It would make the process of getting a Kuva Lich more rewarding, as it would allow you to gather materials relevant to the entire game instead of select few categories and it could make the grind less daunting. Also taking into consideration the fact that all Requiem Fissures are a level 60-70 activity, it would be a good place to get Forma for more experienced players that have a bunch of weapons they'd like to craft but never enough of Formas themselves. 

Another take on the topic, Forma Shards? Something similar to Riven Slivers, a way to gather say, 10 of those, during unsuccessful Requiem Relic cracking and then exchange them for Forma. Or Forma Blueprints with less craft time.

Maybe a Forma Shard per Requiem Relic opened? Or a 50% chance at getting one. You crack the relics anyway, 10 pass and none drop that Parazon Mod, but you still get a Forma after 3 hours of gameplay, would be a fair little bonus to sweeten up the RNG. There could be a limitation of exchanging them once per day, it would still double the rate at which a player can gain Forma without taking into consideration buying Forma Bundles or farming the Plague Star.

In my opinion it would be a nice addition to the game, though I may have overlooked something that would make this too overpowered. 

Forma already have many possible ways to be obtained

- regular relics > getting BP > paying some materials and in case 10p to rush

- market 35p for 3 built Forma ...

so having a built forma in requiem relics unnecessary... since obtaining forma is already easy

I'm not sure how getting a forma would be a bad idea either due to being worthless, or due to having other sources of obtaining them. Amber stars have other ways to get them, and the parazon mods provide 1k endo (multiple ways to get endo too), so you may as well take a mod even if you don't need it instead of the star. Then there's Riven Slivers, which also have another way to get them, and have a limited use to them, making any excess slivers absolute 0 value. Then of course, there's the "rare" reward of Exilus Weapon Adapter BP, which can be earned elsewhere, and honestly is a fairly bad reward, which also requires a forma, but only costs 20p per on the market as well as having to use multiple formas on a weapon to even use the slot.

Edited by Yamazuki

1 hour ago, XRosenkreuz said:

Moreso than a single Ayatan star?

I'd gladly have taken a Forma for every time one of those pops up.

right forgot about those but at least you can turn them into endo. forma just keep piling up in my inventory.

best way to fix requiem relics (and perhaps all relics):

- make the Requiem mods common; that's the only reason people really run these relics anyway, and it sucks needing new requiem mods when prime Access is new because it means trying to divide Void traces (one of the few resources that always remain valuable) between new relics and Requiem ones. the Void trace farm is bad enough as it is, which brings me to point 2:

- allow all unwanted relics to be converted at the ducat kiosk for Traces. 5 for Lith, 10 for Meso, 15 for Neo, 20 for Axi and 25 for Requiems. otherwise the ridiculous stockpile of relics myself and others have is never going to disappear. Relics are rewarded in nearly every game mode, yet there's nowhere to get rid of the damn things aside from running them.

- replace Weapon Exilus Adapters with a new item, which for now, i'll call a "Requiem Unveil": the Requiem Unveil is a special, one time use Requiem mod, that will instantly reveal your next Known Requiem upon the next kill attempt of your lich, regardless of progress. after it is used, it disappears from your inventory, and is regulated by being a single use item that is also a rare drop, making it harder to acquire. you may also only have one requiem unveil mod at any given time; this should prevent trivializing progress, but at the same time giving the player a boost towards the progress of killing their Lich.

- Weapon Exilus adapters can be added to Invasion rewards/special alerts etc.

- remove Amber Ayatans, if you want players to get Endo as a consolation prize, give them something like 500 Endo, not one measly Star that's worth nothing.

Relics would be absolutely perfect like this IMO. no more insane abundance of relics, no more tedious trace farming with no other alternative, no more spending traces to kill a Lich when you still need prime gear, and for those who are desperate to kill their lich quickly, you can still use a few traces for a chance at a free unveiling of your Lich's next Requiem. pretty much a win for everyone really.

3 hours ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

Weapon Exilus adapters can be added to Invasion rewards/special alerts etc.

I think they can already be purchased with standing from all 6 syndicates.  75,000 I believe.  So there is already a much easier way to obtain them, meaning no one will be farming them from the relics anyway.