Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Higher Mob Lvl = Better Drops?

Mainabi

Question

10 answers to this question

Steve said in one of the livestreams, forgot which one, that higher level mobs have a higher chance of dropping rare mods/resources. Also, I can't remember if he said this before or after Drop Tables 2.0.

that was the same in my head, but I didn't notice any difference, going to narcissus: still nonstop slash n dash

so I thought about this:

wouldn't it be better if there's a system where every 5th lvl the dropchance for common drops gets reduced by 3 while uncommon gets increased by 2 and rare by 1

lvl 0 = 97% common drop 2% uncommon 1% rare in the let's randomly say 20% mod dropchance

lvl 5 = 94% c / 4% u / 2% r

lvl 50 =   67% / 22% / 11% 

lvl 100 = 37% / 42% / 21%

lvl 150 = 7%   / 62% / 31%

and if the dropchance for common mods reaches 0 the -3 pts just goes to the uncommon pool so in the end it would go -1 to the uncommon pool while the rare pool gets an increase of a 1% chance.

I think the dropchance from lvl 50 to 100 is reasonable for rare and uncommons even if it's only for fusion cores

AFIAK the drop chance has nothing to do with the level - it is all based on enemy type.  Some of the more "powerful" units, like the heavies, drop the more rare mods.

Here's a link to a table that was datamined - use at your own risk:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/lv?key=0AgGZ9TLiwS5XdDN3WlZuYU5OYzV0LS04Uzd6N0FIYlE&f=true&noheader=true&gid=1

It seems to be more or less accurate, but with RNG who knows.

afaik, drop chance is the same regardless of level. Which is why low-level locations are experimenting a resurgence in popularity.

Busting 100 napalm's backsides is easier in Apolloduros than on whatever high-level Grineer Survival, for example.

Most of the info on what kind of unit drops what mod is already included in the Warframe Wiki.

AFIAK the drop chance has nothing to do with the level - it is all based on enemy type.  Some of the more "powerful" units, like the heavies, drop the more rare mods.

Here's a link to a table that was datamined - use at your own risk:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/lv?key=0AgGZ9TLiwS5XdDN3WlZuYU5OYzV0LS04Uzd6N0FIYlE&f=true&noheader=true&gid=1

It seems to be more or less accurate, but with RNG who knows.

totally agree with that, it's not because someone "say" something that its actually a fact, maybe they are working on it but actually it's only the type of mobs you kill that determine what you can get.

Soon they will add those information directly available in the game but well we are still waiting

I think there's supposed to be, but I don't know. I mean, if I take an unranked Warframe to Kappa, which is level 20ish Mobile Defense, or Cyath, which is level 45ish Mobile Defense, I gain the same amount of experience either way. It may be unrelated, but just saying that if I have to work harder for better resources, then I should get rewarded in experience just the same.

I think there's supposed to be, but I don't know. I mean, if I take an unranked Warframe to Kappa, which is level 20ish Mobile Defense, or Cyath, which is level 45ish Mobile Defense, I gain the same amount of experience either way. It may be unrelated, but just saying that if I have to work harder for better resources, then I should get rewarded in experience just the same.

I've never mathed it out (someone likely has on the forums here or reddit, wiki, etc) but the "eyeball test" seems to me that we get a certain amount of XP based on the "Tier" of the mission.  The XP gained from completing Kappa and Cyath may very well be the same.  The XP gained from killing enemies seems to pale by comparison.  It also all depends on what you use to kill the enemies, as well as shared XP from teamwork, etc, etc

It seems like Mobile Defense missions are the best source of XP right now, in 4 player groups where everyone stays within the XP share radius and spams powers so that all "shared xp" is split between all your different equipment.

That's because Grineer inherently give more experience than Infested. Even with the greater mob density on Cyath and higher level, it's still going to be around the same because of the difference in experience between Grineer units and Infested units.

I've never mathed it out (someone likely has on the forums here or reddit, wiki, etc) but the "eyeball test" seems to me that we get a certain amount of XP based on the "Tier" of the mission.  The XP gained from completing Kappa and Cyath may very well be the same.  The XP gained from killing enemies seems to pale by comparison.  It also all depends on what you use to kill the enemies, as well as shared XP from teamwork, etc, etc

Yeah, we already have scaling formulas for enemy stats. They're all in Pwnatron's old datamined table and also on the wiki now. This is the one for experience:

5rbIYSc.png

Experience does not scale very well. For example, a level 20 Toxic Ancient gives 217 exp. A level 50 Toxic Ancient only gives 256, not even 40 exp more.

Mod drop tables are indeed based on enemy types, but dataminers currently do not know how the actual drop chances work. It is possible they somehow change with enemy level (we don't even know the base chances :s)

Edited by CitizenV