Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why an auction house/market won't work

(PSN)sweatshawp

2 hours ago, 0_The_F00l said:

I am not saying they are the only choices, in which case it would be false dichotomy indeed and I am not the one propagating this misconception , you can have cheap items, medium value items, expensive items at the same time sure - but when anyone says "all things will be at 1p" or "all things will be too expensive to buy" it is clearly incorrect and what I take offense at. 

I am asking them to decide which their actual worry is, is it high prices or is it low prices ? I am yet to get a revert from either of the people I have asked this. 

According to me the actual worry I not either of these, it's more about the fear that they will be making less platinum with this implementation. 

You do realize you are writing this comment on a forum, that too requires space and storage, do you see a limit on the number of words you can use?

The space availability argument is greatly flawed and weak according to me.

The riven limits are more for market flow control. 

Yeah if you are stupid enough to get a place with rent higher than your income I don't expect you to have a home for long. An application of common sense would do such people good. 

You are also assuming there will be plat cost applied before a sale, I am suggesting plat fees as a % of sale, which will give a minimum value to items. 

The slots in the auction house for a fixed value is actually a good suggestion. 

Game where we have to pay for every single extra slot for weapons, frames, rivens...you really think they will waste resources with another free marketplace.

Ha ha ha...you are free to dream anyway, go ahead with your "suggestion" that will, for sure, be implemented.

1 hour ago, DarkSkysz said:

Game where we have to pay for every single extra slot for weapons, frames, rivens...you really think they will waste resources with another free marketplace.

Ha ha ha...you are free to dream anyway, go ahead with your "suggestion" that will, for sure, be implemented.

They wasted resources on lich system , and are now improving it , dont see why they wouldnt for trade as well. Especially if it introduces a steady plat sink.

I was actually referring to YOUR suggestion about slots to be purchased for AH,

2 hours ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

If the vast majority of items rapidly lose value, it will be difficult for free to play users (the vast majority of people who play as far as we can tell) to earn plat to buy stuff they want, including stuff like slots. 

If you can't see the problem it's because your eyes are closed. 

If items rapidly skyrocket in price, again you have a problem wherein the buying power of the plat you do have is lost. You think that newer players, are going to want to ante up their hard earned cash when in demand items are priced as though by the imaginary Riven mafia? 

Again, people claiming to not see a problem here, are extremely myopic. 

Neither situation leads us to a good place, Tenno. Think about it. 

I am not sure how it will be a problem for free players actually enjoying the game, you will get less plat perhaps but you will also have to spend less plat for the more essential items (mods that are not rivens and certain weapons).

Non vaulted primes will be cheap, Vaulted ones will be at fluctuations - the reason they get vaulted in the first place.

As for static market items (slots specifically - as other items can be acquired by other means) cry me a river ,slots are reasonably valued already, i do not particularly care about freeloaders finding things to be inconvenient, they will have to grind slightly more perhaps.

And you wanna buy that uber expensive riven or cosmetics while playing for free that is not even needed to play the game? Well better ante up indeed or play the game without it ,

Dont forget this is a business its not a feel good charity, Trade is to get you thinks that would normally be harder to acquire.

It definitely leads to inconvenience , for people that have gotten used to farming plat as a game mode ,

2 hours ago, (PS4)sweatshawp said:

People really don't get the concept

that just because things cost more does not mean we will be inclined to buy it. Players are already complaining about the cost of platnum and prime access if they have to spend more money to get what they could've for less money there less inclined to

This i do partially agree with , just cause some nut is asking for thousands in plat does not mean you need to buy it at that rate.

Prime access item value to in game trade value is indeed out of whack and should probably be looked at.

It's a "win" because people will have to spend more money, which fewer people will spend, so "win"? 

You going to start randomly talking about "tiger blood" next? 

Lets first breakdown the actors in this :

DE, Buyers , Sellers,

Buyers are of two types , 

Ones that have purchased plat,

Ones that have Traded plat in game,

Sellers are also of two types

Ones that just wanna offload the extra items that they have and make some platinum.

Ones that Wanna get as much plat as possible and hoard it for whatever reason.

DE only benefits from buyers that have bought the plat ,

one guy that buys 1K Plat and then infuses into the economy for a single purchase creates the other type of buyers,

If buyers and sellers do not sink the plat somehow (static items like cosmetics and slots) it keeps being rotating,

Sellers that are hoarding act as virtual plat sinks,

but this infusion and rotation does not benefit DE directly from monetary standpoint- it only keeps the players active and is good for optics.

This is the scenario till now,

With the AH and a fee structure to act as a sink, when something worth 1K is traded 100p is sunk (Assuming 10%). there is now only 900p left. after 6 trades its down to almost half its value.

More reason to buy plat.

Also not sure what you mean about the tiger blood part,

Buyers are greatly benefited cause easier access to items and more competition.

Sellers of the hoarding type are greatly inconvenienced as they wont be able to make the same plat,

DE may or may not be negatively affected , i do not know the purchase stats so i cannot comment on this in full detail.

Edited by 0_The_F00l
accidentally hit submit early

WF Market exists and isn't discouraged by DE.

So there already is a trade market, the only difference is one built into the game would be there for everyone, not just those that have played long enough to know about WF Market.

There would be little change on the economy from an in game market, but it would require a lot of work on DE's part and spending for dedicated servers which they do not want to do.  So no market will be made any time soon (or likely ever).

3 hours ago, 0_The_F00l said:

More reason to buy plat.

As a consumer we need less reasons to buy Plat and more reasons to play the game. Trading shouldn't be so intergal  that we need an auction house to function because we shouldn't mind the trouble of grinding so much with out the gameplay loop getting tremendously boring. 

You’re making a strong point, I do want to make a counter point however.

Supply and demand. Trading is such a frustrating and often fruitless process that people simply do not bother with it.

I imagine this is more true on consoles where there are even less players and less platinum.

If trading was a lot easier, and didnt require you to actively participate...

As in, if you could dump your offer in the auction house and go play the game, a lot more people would participate in trading.

Demand would increase far more than supply, supply is already pretty much maxed out. 

I think an auction house would actually increase the price of some items, as more users would be participating in the trade system.

1 hour ago, (PS4)sweatshawp said:

As a consumer we need less reasons to buy Plat and more reasons to play the game. Trading shouldn't be so intergal  that we need an auction house to function because we shouldn't mind the trouble of grinding so much with out the gameplay loop getting tremendously boring. 

But as a business DE needs to have more reasons to make plat purchases lucrative. 

And we don't need "less reason to buy plat" we need a means to have plat purchases that are reasonable and respectful of our time and effort. 

And about the grind, That's an issue with the core game that would need a different topic to discuss, 

6 hours ago, 0_The_F00l said:

I am not sure how it will be a problem for free players actually enjoying the game, you will get less plat perhaps but you will also have to spend less plat for the more essential items (mods that are not rivens and certain weapons).

Those aren't as "essential" as you're claiming, especially when compared to "slots" which don't trade on the player based market. As a PC player you may not realise how lower trade prices affect a player's ability to buy items from DE. As a console Tenno I'm telling you that it's a significant burden. Remember this is a business for DE, not a feel-good charity and when the changes you've asked for have all f2p Tenno crying you rivers. 

You think that it's reasonably priced because your economy has more liquid plat floating around. Our limited plat availability explains why people who are come to trade offering things with the PC average prices, they get laughed at. 

Congrats, you are now 'sure' how it will be a problem. 

7 hours ago, 0_The_F00l said:

Lets first breakdown the actors in this :

DE, Buyers , Sellers,

Buyers are of two types , 

Ones that have purchased plat,

Ones that have Traded plat in game,

Sellers are also of two types

Ones that just wanna offload the extra items that they have and make some platinum.

Ones that Wanna get as much plat as possible and hoard it for whatever reason.

Here's a hint. People who buy plat aren't all billionaires. We buy what we can afford, based on the cost-benefit ratio. If I'm not benefitting as much, do you want to take a guess as to how I'm going to feel about spending the money? 

Consider the prime vaults. If I already have the unvaulted prime, I'm not going to be paying full price just to get the weapon I haven't bothered to get. If it's a prime of a warframe that I don't particularly like, then I won't be spending my money on it.

Remember, DE isn't a charity we just throw money at because they exist. It's a business that sells something, and we can decide whether we want to pay for it or not. 

So making it so that we have to spend more money, to enjoy what is currently cheap, is going to hurt their bottom line. 

Now in the scenario where an untaxed auction house allows prices to plummet, I will surely benefit, right? My bought plat will allow me to buy anything that I lack for a pittance, right? And the answer is a resounding "yes I will benefit.... in the short term". 

Why in the short term? Because DE will get less money from everyone who buys plat, like me. We'll spend less, and that will affect their bottom line. Worse, free to play Tenno will have a harder time buying those essential items like slots, which will make it even less likely that they're going to stick with the game. People who could have eventually been convinced to spend money in the long run, are going to be more likely to be lost along the way. Wanna guess what that does to DE's bottom line? 

Seriously its as though some of the people making the arguments to support these auction houses have absolutely no idea how businesses work. 

An auction house won't work? So why do Warframe.Market and Riven.Market exist? It is so much more efficient and time-respecting to browse wares on those sites than it is to wade through the Warframe's chat system. You have obviously never utilized these services (and yes, I call them services because they're doing what DE is unwilling or, more likely, unable, to do).

1 hour ago, TheGildedOni said:

An auction house won't work? So why do Warframe.Market and Riven.Market exist? It is so much more efficient and time-respecting to browse wares on those sites than it is to wade through the Warframe's chat system. You have obviously never utilized these services (and yes, I call them services because they're doing what DE is unwilling or, more likely, unable, to do).

Because they're not ubiquitous. Only a fraction of people list wares there at any given time. 

And history shows that warframe.market had a significant downward impact on prices when it was introduced in its limited capacity. How do you think it will be different if everyone was on it. 

Edited by (PS4)guzmantt1977
Removed a "there".

Those aren't as "essential" as you're claiming, especially when compared to "slots" which don't trade on the player based market. As a PC player you may not realise how lower trade prices affect a player's ability to buy items from DE. As a console Tenno I'm telling you that it's a significant burden. Remember this is a business for DE, not a feel-good charity and when the changes you've asked for have all f2p Tenno crying you rivers.

You think that it's reasonably priced because your economy has more liquid plat floating around. Our limited plat availability explains why people who are come to trade offering things with the PC average prices, they get laughed at. 

Again , i dont care,

Discounted Plat purchase coupons, though related to trade, are part of the problem of why there is so much discrepancy between rates of consoles and PC,

Don't like it? please put in a suggestion to introduce platinum purchase discounts for consoles.

i already provided my view on static market rates, you are not commenting on them so i assume you dont have anything to say about it.

Congrats, you are now 'sure' how it will be a problem.

No i am not , your statements have so far been unable to convince me to your point of view.

Here's a hint. People who buy plat aren't all billionaires. We buy what we can afford, based on the cost-benefit ratio. If I'm not benefitting as much, do you want to take a guess as to how I'm going to feel about spending the money?

You are just being silly , 5 $ is the lowest denomination , 20$ gets you 370p that woudl be 10 warframes + 10 weapons + 2 companions  you don't need to be billionaires to afford 20$. and if you cant , you probably should be doing something else with your time.

"its my money i dont wanna spend it" guys can just stay at the starter amount of slots

Consider the prime vaults. If I already have the unvaulted prime, I'm not going to be paying full price just to get the weapon I haven't bothered to get. If it's a prime of a warframe that I don't particularly like, then I won't be spending my money on it.

Remember, DE isn't a charity we just throw money at because they exist. It's a business that sells something, and we can decide whether we want to pay for it or not. 

.Perfectly reasonable you are free to spend your platinum on what you like , do not see how it affects our discussion.

So making it so that we have to spend more money, to enjoy what is currently cheap, is going to hurt their bottom line.

Assuming it actually does hurt their bottom line, as i said i dont have the plat purchase statistics so cannot be sure,

people dont buy plat because the plat bought originally keeps changing hands, no benefit to DE if no one makes actual IRL money transactions.

What this will hurt is sellers for sure as there will be almost infinite competition for ordinary things and high competition for rare things.

Now in the scenario where an untaxed auction house allows prices to plummet, I will surely benefit, right? My bought plat will allow me to buy anything that I lack for a pittance, right? And the answer is a resounding "yes I will benefit.... in the short term". 

Why in the short term? Because DE will get less money from everyone who buys plat, like me. We'll spend less, and that will affect their bottom line. Worse, free to play Tenno will have a harder time buying those essential items like slots, which will make it even less likely that they're going to stick with the game. People who could have eventually been convinced to spend money in the long run, are going to be more likely to be lost along the way. Wanna guess what that does to DE's bottom line?

My suggestion is a taxed AH with a minimum point of entry and actual tax % subject to item on sale,

this whole argument is meaningless as it is based on a scenario i am not even proposing.

Seriously its as though some of the people making the arguments to support these auction houses have absolutely no idea how businesses work. 

That's your opinion and assumption, my business acumen and experience is my business, It may not be perfectly applicable but neither is anyone else's as we are talking about a economy with arbitrary restrictions , near infinite resources (but that still has differing rarities), a currency with no direct backing and variable flatness (this statement itself would cause an uproar in certain circles).

I would request you to not consider people with a differing opinion than yours as someone that do not know how business works.

Edited by 0_The_F00l
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, 0_The_F00l said:

Again , i dont care,

Discounted Plat purchase coupons, though related to trade, are part of the problem of why there is so much discrepancy between rates of consoles and PC,

Sorry to break it to you, Tenno but the fact that you say that you don't care doesn't make something less valid. 

And yes that does make for a discrepancy. And that discrepancy allows us to see what happens when the plat value of an item is lowered within the same economic ecosystem. That's why you not caring about it is 100% irrelevant to the discussion. 

12 minutes ago, 0_The_F00l said:

No i am not , your statements have so far been unable to convince me to your point of view.

Refusing to accept the fact that the world is round isn't a winning strategy, Tenno. 

14 minutes ago, 0_The_F00l said:

You are just being silly , 5 $ is the lowest denomination , 20$ gets you 370p that woudl be 10 warframes + 10 weapons + 2 companions  you don't need to be billionaires to afford 20$. and if you cant , you probably should be doing something else with your time.

"its my money i dont wanna spend it" guys can just stay at the starter amount of slots

No, you're being oblivious. I like much of the population of the planet live in a country with a disadvantageous exchange rate to the US dollar. 

The cost of living here is lower and, as a result salaries are lower for equivalent standards of living. 

To top it off, the kicker is that you don't get to tell people how to spend the money that they've earned. 

And I suggest that you turn around and start an account using only your starter plat, to remind yourself of what your suggestion will entail. Remember if you don't like doing it, and are unlikely to stick around because it's onerous, you'd be a one-man model for the future of the game under your proposed system. 

In fact, until you show proof that you are doing it for prolonged periods as a main account, you should probably avoid making any other ridiculous suggestions. 

24 minutes ago, 0_The_F00l said:

Assuming it actually does hurt their bottom line, as i said i dont have the plat purchase statistics so cannot be sure,

people dont buy plat because the plat bought originally keeps changing hands, no benefit to DE if no one makes actual IRL money transactions.

What this will hurt is sellers for sure as there will be almost infinite competition for ordinary things and high competition for rare things.

Use the model for mobile gaming. Most people play for free because they're unwilling to pay anything. Trying to force them to pay is unlikely to have the effect you seem to think it will. 

26 minutes ago, 0_The_F00l said:

My suggestion is a taxed AH with a minimum point of entry and actual tax % subject to item on sale,

this whole argument is meaningless as it is based on a scenario i am not even proposing.

And the reason you need to tax it is because the auction house system itself is a fundamentally bad suggestion. 

Know what happens when you try to put makeup on a pig? 

29 minutes ago, 0_The_F00l said:

That's your opinion and assumption, my business acumen and experience is my business, It may not be perfectly applicable but neither is anyone else's as we are talking about a economy with arbitrary restrictions , near infinite resources (but that still has differing rarities), a currency with no direct backing and variable flatness (this statement itself would cause an uproar in certain circles).

No. The fact that you apparently aren't willing or able to think a step ahead to predict the likely consequences of the changes you're proposing, and then turning around and saying "I don't care lolz" says that your acumen and experience are highly questionable. 

How many people have responded to these threads after independently thinking about it, and are saying almost the exact same things? Why do you think that you are seeing so many people saying that it'll lead to crashes in the market, and insane prices for the truly rare items? 

As for it being a fiat currency, yes that does have implications for the future, but it matches the situation with many major real world currencies. 

37 minutes ago, 0_The_F00l said:

I would request you to not consider people with a differing opinion than yours as someone that does not know how business works

I don't. I consider that a reasonable belief for people who think that saying "I don't care about that" invalidates points that they disagree with, and people who are making statements that are directly self-contradictory and are unable to grasp why. 

1 hour ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Sorry to break it to you, Tenno but the fact that you say that you don't care doesn't make something less valid.

For clarity purpose,

I do not care for the tears shed by those that will be affected by the drop in prices of items and be unable to use the ignorance of others to profit. My apathy is specifically for this section of players.

Refusing to accept the fact that the world is round isn't a winning strategy, Tenno. 

Neither is unwillingness to accept change, you are only stating opinions so far , not facts , i have accepted what i am saying is my opinion , you seem to believe you are incapable saying anything other than facts.

No, you're being oblivious. I like much of the population of the planet live in a country with a disadvantageous exchange rate to the US dollar. 

The cost of living here is lower and, as a result salaries are lower for equivalent standards of living. 

To top it off, the kicker is that you don't get to tell people how to spend the money that they've earned.

Again , maybe you should be doing something other than playing a video game if your economic situation is not suitable for it, it is your life to live at the end of the day.

you are free to spend the money that you earn however you see fit , i have not stated or told anyone how you should spend it, i have actually said the opposite , which you conveniently have not quoted here.

i have mentioned how it would cost you. Do note the distinction and do not put words in peoples mouths to suit your own rhetoric.

And I suggest that you turn around and start an account using only your starter plat, to remind yourself of what your suggestion will entail. Remember if you don't like doing it, and are unlikely to stick around because it's onerous, you'd be a one-man model for the future of the game under your proposed system. 

In fact, until you show proof that you are doing it for prolonged periods as a main account, you should probably avoid making any other ridiculous suggestions.  

I humbly refuse your Arbitrary suggestion as it is not what i have said or implied, you have practically told me to "go jump in a river ,that will teach you the desert was better" ,

you have either misunderstood me , or want to make strawmen to burn. The first can be corrected, the second cannot.

I have purchased my own plat ,roughly 10 to 20% of what i have is from trades , i do not have the time for farming plat hours on end and the USD to local currency conversion rate is also not great for my area .

Use the model for mobile gaming. Most people play for free because they're unwilling to pay anything. Trying to force them to pay is unlikely to have the effect you seem to think it will. 

Do share a game that is free, allows trading in premium currency and has the depth of warframe , will be playable for hours and perhaps i will check what is being done there. The OP @(PS4)sweatshawpwas doing some research , i do not know if he completed it yet.

And the reason you need to tax it is because the auction house system itself is a fundamentally bad suggestion.

Do you not pay tax to your government? does that make your government bad? This statement you made is flawed and nonsensical, taxes themselves are not inherently bad, poor implementation of it is.

The reason i have suggested a tax is to provide a means to sink plat and set a minimum value on items, i believe "stuff will be sold for 1p" is the fear that you specifically highlighted.

Know what happens when you try to put makeup on a pig?

Do enlighten me , cause i have not done such a thing, i could easily have made some Mama joke but nah.

No. The fact that you apparently aren't willing or able to think a step ahead to predict the likely consequences of the changes you're proposing, and then turning around and saying "I don't care lolz" says that your acumen and experience are highly questionable. 

You are free to your opinion , i am perfectly happy with my suggestions so far , you seem to be aggravated though,

How many people have responded to these threads after independently thinking about it, and are saying almost the exact same things? Why do you think that you are seeing so many people saying that it'll lead to crashes in the market, and insane prices for the truly rare items? 

Falling to the level of using popularity as justification?

I do not know how many agree or disagree honestly as there is no polling system, i can only see there were more than a 1200 views and more than 80 replies. you are free to count them if you want to use it as some sort of a reference, would really have liked if there was a polling mechanic to gauge the feel of the forum dwellers.

As for it being a fiat currency, yes that does have implications for the future, but it matches the situation with many major real world currencies.

You yourself have identifed that its not completely flat by stating your countries relative currency conversion, Plat is neither completely flat nor backed, and so very difficult to value with regards to real world currency and effort - specifically time needed to acquire it in game vs time required to acquire the real life currency to buy it.

I don't. I consider that a reasonable belief for people who think that saying "I don't care about that" invalidates points that they disagree with, and people who are making statements that are directly self-contradictory and are unable to grasp why. 

So you are going to ignore all the points i made cause i hurt your feelings? Guess what ? i don't care about your feelings

Edited by 0_The_F00l

4 hours ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Again , i dont care,

Don't like it? please put in a suggestion to introduce platinum purchase discounts for consoles.

Very ignorant towards a whole section to the community.  

And yes it is. 

They can't because of how micro transactions work with Sony Microsoft and ninetndo

Just now, (PS4)sweatshawp said:

Very ignorant towards a whole section to the community. 

Apathetic, not ignorant , please do use your words correctly.

1 minute ago, (PS4)sweatshawp said:

They can't because of how micro transactions work with Sony Microsoft and ninetndo

Which remains the case even without an AH,

35 minutes ago, 0_The_F00l said:

For clarity purpose,

I do not care for the tears shed by those that will be affected by the drop in prices of items and be unable to use the ignorance of others to profit. My apathy is specifically for this section of players.

Neither is unwillingness to accept change, you are only stating opinions so far , not facts , i have accepted what i am saying is my opinion , you seem to believe you are incapable saying anything other than facts.

Again , maybe you should be doing something other than playing a video game if your economic situation is not suitable for it, it is your life to live at the end of the day.

you are free to spend the money that you earn however you see fit , i have not stated or told anyone how you should spend it, i have actually said the opposite , which you conveniently have not quoted here.

i have mentioned how it would cost you. Do note the distinction and do not put words in peoples mouths to suit your own rhetoric.

I humbly refuse your Arbitrary suggestion as it is not what i have said or implied, you have practically told me to "go jump in a river ,that will teach you the desert was better" ,

you have either misunderstood me , or want to make strawmen to burn. The first can be corrected, the second cannot.

I have purchased my own plat ,roughly 10 to 20% of what i have is from trades , i do not have the time for farming plat hours on end and the USD to local currency conversion rate is also not great for my area .

Do share a game that is free, allows trading in premium currency and has the depth of warframe , will be playable for hours and perhaps i will check what is being done there. The OP @(PS4)sweatshawpwas doing some research , i do not know if he completed it yet.

Do you not pay tax to your government? does that make your government bad? This statement you made is flawed and nonsensical, taxes themselves are not inherently bad, poor implementation of it is.

The reason i have suggested a tax is to provide a means to sink plat and set a minimum value on items, i believe "stuff will be sold for 1p" is the fear that you specifically highlighted.

Do enlighten me , cause i have not done such a thing, i could easily have made some Mama joke but nah.

You are free to your opinion , i am perfectly happy with my suggestions so far you seem to be aggravated though,

I do not know how many agree or disagree honestly as there is no polling system, i can only see there were more than a 1200 views and more than 80 replies. you are free to count them if you want to use it as some sort of a reference, would really have liked if there was a polling mechanic to gauge the feel of the forum dwellers.

You yourself have identifed that its not completely flat by stating your countries relative currency conversion, Plat is neither completely flat nor backed, and so very difficult to value with regards to real world currency and effort - specifically time needed to acquire it in game vs time required to acquire the real life currency to buy it.

So you are going to ignore all the points i made cause i hurt your feelings? Guess what ? i don't care about your feelings

I don't care to engage with you more simply put.  You're logic stands on. Whim and basically stating "i dont care how this affects the playerbase on another platform devalues your argument completly. You're stance for an auction house and your opinions hold no true weight. Along with your suggestion if you have to tell people to "we'll ask DE for plat discounts"  you're only in it for what you want and not the playerbase as a whole. You want things to be more convenient for you because "you don't have time to sit in trade chat" ignoring people's reasonable worries with"i don't care ask DE for this this and this. ""Tell DE to do this then" with an idea you offered. If you're offering a change or suggestion towards a system buy then tell someone "we'll tell them to do this then" your suggestion isn't sound or we'll thought out at all. And I can't believe that you think you're right at all with your behavior. All your arguments and reasons for an auction house only think about your player group as when I've mentioned fashion frame you said "remove fashion frame bcuz trading should be for slots etcetc" now Console "ask DE for more Plat discountz bcuz. Etcetc" dude you can't be serious. If everytime someone presents a counter point you need not to debate. Yes I've done my research and a majority of the playerbase does not like the auction house from eve and unless you're a very wealthy person Ingame and I mean VERY wealthy you do not benfift from Ingame at all. It's been asked to be reworked multiple times and fixed and looked at. That game has items that break and require you to have multiple copies of an item as well. So tell me how this would fair in warframe where we effectively need only one of each item Ingame not just "well I don't care or from my experience " the playerbase as a whole which is something you seem to be negligent  of thinking about

Just now, (PS4)sweatshawp said:

I don't care to engage with you more

Nobody is forcing you.

1 minute ago, (PS4)sweatshawp said:

You're logic stands on. Whim and basically stating "i dont care how this affects the playerbase on another platform devalues your argument completly.

No , but it is what you choose to focus on i guess cause it hits home for you

2 minutes ago, (PS4)sweatshawp said:

You're stance for an auction house and your opinions hold no true weight.

Just like any other opinion , yours included,

3 minutes ago, (PS4)sweatshawp said:

Along with your suggestion if you have to tell people to "we'll ask DE for plat discounts"

No , that is more for for removing the difference in values of  plat across platforms.

6 minutes ago, (PS4)sweatshawp said:

you're only in it for what you want and not the playerbase as a whole.

I am in it for me , yeah , i am no saint. Just as your arguments are mostly for you or those that would suffer if a convenient means to rate and purchase items was made available.

7 minutes ago, (PS4)sweatshawp said:

You want things to be more convenient for you because "you don't have time to sit in trade chat"

Yes,

7 minutes ago, (PS4)sweatshawp said:

ignoring people's reasonable worries

I do not find them to be reasonable. Worries are genuine, sure , but i would happily take my convenience over yours.

10 minutes ago, (PS4)sweatshawp said:

with"i don't care ask DE for this this and this. ""Tell DE to do this then" with an idea you offered. If you're offering a change or suggestion towards a system buy then tell someone "we'll tell them to do this then" your suggestion isn't sound or we'll thought out at all.

Ooh that really struck a nerve didn't it? that other people can have the ability to not care about your problems.

The "Tell DE to do this" was about the discrepancy in plat values across platforms as the other person had highlighted how PS4 plat rates are higher, do you have  better suggestion for equalizing Plat rates? this topic is separate from the AH discussion we are currently having but hey , its your topic if you want to sidetrack it,

14 minutes ago, (PS4)sweatshawp said:

And I can't believe that you think you're right at all with your behavior. All your arguments and reasons for an auction house only think about your player group as when I've mentioned fashion frame you said "remove fashion frame bcuz trading should be for slots etcetc"

You are entitled to your own beliefs or lack of them. I care about the player group that would rather play the game instead of keep staring at the trade chat.

Again a separate topic , i have yet to see you create a topic for plat costs for cosmetics. Also never said trading should be for slots , i said "traded plat should not be for cosmetics" and also highlighted how it is not relevant to the current discussion and is my personal opinion.

16 minutes ago, (PS4)sweatshawp said:

now Console "ask DE for more Plat discountz bcuz. Etcetc" dude you can't be serious.

You are really gonna keep bringing this up arent you? oh well.  i am not asking for "More" plat discount , i am asking for equalization.

17 minutes ago, (PS4)sweatshawp said:

If everytime someone presents a counter point you need not to debate.

Why not? i either agree with whatever point is raised or i debate it, that kinda is the point of a discussion or debate.

18 minutes ago, (PS4)sweatshawp said:

Yes I've done my research and a majority of the playerbase does not like the auction house from eve

Interesting i would like to read on this research. Is there a poll or external site you can link to?

18 minutes ago, (PS4)sweatshawp said:

and unless you're a very wealthy person Ingame and I mean VERY wealthy you do not benfift from Ingame at all.

I haven't played it , can you tell me how many hours you have logged in it and how it has currently been difficult to play?

19 minutes ago, (PS4)sweatshawp said:

It's been asked to be reworked multiple times and fixed and looked at.

will need to know what exactly is requested before i can comment further.

25 minutes ago, (PS4)sweatshawp said:

That game has items that break and require you to have multiple copies of an item as well. So tell me how this would fair in warframe where we effectively need only one of each item Ingame not just "well I don't care or from my experience " the playerbase as a whole which is something you seem to be negligent  of thinking about

Ah interesting a durability feature, would add a reason to have resources and wont be a one and done reward structure if implemented well,

Makes sense now how the economy and market manages to stay afloat.

Some sort of "maintenance aspect" like the kavats and kubrow DNA could probably act as the bread and butter for trading if ever implemented ,could be a good sustainable plat sink.

1 hour ago, 0_The_F00l said:

For clarity purpose,

For clarity purposes you'd still be throwing the baby out with the bathwater. Your apathy for any given group remains an issue that's not a factor in the discussion. 

Who's unwilling to accept change? Many of us are pointing out that we're opposed to accepting a bad change. We've explained repeatedly why the changes you're advocating for are bad. 

Why? Would that make the points I raised any less true? Your lack of knowledge about the rest of the world doesn't make it suddenly cease to exist, just as your lack of und understanding into how economies work won't suddenly make your points valid. 

I humbly refuse your Arbitrary suggestion as it is not what i have said or implied, you have practically told me to "go jump in a river ,that will teach you the desert was better 

It's not arbitrary, nor just my suggestion it's literally what you suggested for people who didn't want to buy plat to accommodate the bad changes you're trying to get put in place:

But your refusal to even attempt what you suggested is all the confirmation that was needed to show how ridiculous you were being. Now, realise that the majority of what you have said sounds like a far is of the same quality. 

The suggestion was to use the model for the f2p mobile gaming industry as a whole. It will certainly enlighten you as to what percentage of people commonly pay money for their f2p games. 

If you mean the Eve Online auction house, that was already covered without need to investigate further. Their economic ecosystem is too different to ours, featuring recurring demand, to be of any use. For it to apply to our game we'd need a complete scrapping and reinvention of the game to include repair and replacement. 

What works for them won't work for us. 

Do you not pay tax to your government? does that make your government bad? This statement you made is flawed and nonsensical taxes themselves are not inherently bad, poor implementation of it is

Democracy is one of the three corrupt forms of government, according to Plato. 

And it's not the tax that's the problem, I explained it to you. It's the fact that you have to try to use taxation to fix the blatant, glaring problems of the system that you want to foist on us. If you have to scramble to prophylactically prevent it from turning into an uncontrollable dumpster fire, you can rest assured that you are asking for something bad. 

You could have tried but that would have removed any doubt as to how unfit you'd be at making sensible decisions about something as complex as an economic policy. The fact that you are unable to guess suggests another reason. 

I do not know how many agree or disagree honestly as there is no polling system, i can only see there were more than a 1200 views and more than 80 replies. you are free to count them if you want to use it as some sort of a reference, would really have liked if there was a polling mechanic to gauge the feel of the forum dwellers

No, that's not an appeal to popular opinion any more than pointing out that people who have measured it agree that the Leaning Tower of Pisa, is actually leaning and will eventually become unsafe unless remedial action is taken. The fact that you are proposing that we poll the situation, suggests that you are the one who has to resort to an appeal to popularity. 

The tragedy of the commons is too well understood of a phenomenon, as is our economic system. Anyone who can grasp even the basics, is going to see why an auction house is going to be a bad idea. Closing your eyes and screaming "I don't care" won't change anything. 

And that's neither here nor there. Even within a single country's economy, there will be a range of income levels playing the f2p game. And again, the fact that a currency is a fiat currency is not the issue, argue that if you want, but you better make sure that you know which countries you are going to be trying to shut down. 

No I've refuted your points, point by point, even the silly ones. 

Right now you're acting like a child who's been told that you are not going to be allowed to stick your fingers into the electrical socket. You're stamping your little foot, being naughty, and screaming that you don't care about what you are being told by people who are not letting you have what you want. None of that is going to make what you want a good thing. 

16 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

For clarity purposes you'd still be throwing the baby out with the bathwater. Your apathy for any given group remains an issue that's not a factor in the discussion. 

Who's unwilling to accept change? Many of us are pointing out that we're opposed to accepting a bad change. We've explained repeatedly why the changes you're advocating for are bad. 

Why? Would that make the points I raised any less true? Your lack of knowledge about the rest of the world doesn't make it suddenly cease to exist, just as your lack of und understanding into how economies work won't suddenly make your points valid. 

It's not arbitrary, nor just my suggestion it's literally what you suggested for people who didn't want to buy plat to accommodate the bad changes you're trying to get put in place:

But your refusal to even attempt what you suggested is all the confirmation that was needed to show how ridiculous you were being. Now, realise that the majority of what you have said sounds like a far is of the same quality. 

The suggestion was to use the model for the f2p mobile gaming industry as a whole. It will certainly enlighten you as to what percentage of people commonly pay money for their f2p games. 

If you mean the Eve Online auction house, that was already covered without need to investigate further. Their economic ecosystem is too different to ours, featuring recurring demand, to be of any use. For it to apply to our game we'd need a complete scrapping and reinvention of the game to include repair and replacement. 

And it's not the tax that's the problem, I explained it to you. It's the fact that you have to try to use taxation to fix the blatant, glaring problems of the system that you want to foist on us. If you have to scramble to prophylactically prevent it from turning into an uncontrollable dumpster fire, you can rest assured that you are asking for something bad. 

You could have tried but that would have removed any doubt as to how unfit you'd be at making sensible decisions about something as complex as an economic policy. The fact that you are unable to guess suggests another reason. 

No, that's not an appeal to popular opinion any more than pointing out that people who have measured it agree that the Leaning Tower of Pisa, is actually leaning and will eventually become unsafe unless remedial action is taken. The fact that you are proposing that we poll the situation, suggests that you are the one who has to resort to an appeal to popularity. 

The tragedy of the commons is too well understood of a phenomenon, as is our economic system. Anyone who can grasp even the basics, is going to see why an auction house is going to be a bad idea. Closing your eyes and screaming "I don't care" won't change anything. 

And that's neither here nor there. Even within a single country's economy, there will be a range of income levels playing the f2p game. And again, the fact that a currency is a fiat currency is not the issue, argue that if you want, but you better make sure that you know which countries you are going to be trying to shut down. 

Right now you're acting like a child who's been told that you are not going to be allowed to stick your fingers into the electrical socket. You're stamping your little foot, being naughty, and screaming that you don't care about what you are being told by people who are not letting you have what you want. None of that is going to make what you want a good thing. 

If anything he just comes off as a child who dosent care as long as he gets his way 

9 hours ago, 0_The_F00l said:

But as a business DE needs to have more reasons to make plat purchases lucrative. 

And we don't need "less reason to buy plat" we need a means to have plat purchases that are reasonable and respectful of our time and effort. 

And about the grind, That's an issue with the core game that would need a different topic to discuss, 

Not really they all intertwine.

I've played to MR 27 (almost 28 but waiting for TOB changes) without buying any plat, just a handful of cosmetics, but have dumped nearly 2,500 mission hours into the game. Some players have played a few hundred hours and have spent far more than I have, is their right to play higher than mine?

If someone isn't spending money with plat, then they're probably grinding for it in the game. Which is a win for DE either way, someone is playing meaning someone who spent money has a higher chance of finding someone to play with.  

The grind directly ties into it, similarly to Diablo 3 when it had an auction house, if the grind isn't fun or more of the same then it's more efficient to simply buy the item in question. However, in buying the item you bypass the grind, thus a part of the game, and are now closer to 'end game". However, since Warframe doesn't have an endgame, it just means you're a step closer to being done with the game since there will be nothing left to do but grind resources you no longer need.   

So it is imperative that the grind be fun and rewarding, if it isn't at least fun to engage in the content, then many won't participate in it. And while it might fund players pockets (and DE's by proxy for plat purchases down the line for a time) once that 'content' has been purchased, they have nothing to do and either do old missions for no reward since they have stuff, or end up taking a break, and if someone leaves Warframe then DE doesn't make money.

So it's a balance of giving rewards and making it fun. However, devaluing everything between "rare and common" isn't the way to do that.  And if there was a 'better way' and DE actually cared about it, it would've been done by now.  Warframe.market is a good medium, not all posts are up all the time, so it's based on who's online, prices change but stay at a reasonable medium.  A great example is Health Conversion/Energy Conversion, they take 3-4 days for a high MR to get and are worth on average 50p. Right now the price is 40P at lowest then 2 45s then the rest is 50-60s. So they will always be within that range I've never seen them lower than 40p.   Sometimes the prices is a little higher or lower but the median is 50p. Prices flux based on times of the day (who's online etc).  

You can see oversaturation with syndicate mods/weapons. Those prices change very greatly (if we're basing it on percentages). 10p - 20p if what most syndicate mods go for, 10p being low 12-15p being average, 20p being high.  Because it's very easy to farm syndicate standing, there are far more mods than demand (or even players if we're being honest). I've seen mods go as cheap as 5p due to saturation. That's a pretty hefty price difference from the normal 12-15. 

Overall point being, yes it does matter if prices are lower or higher, an AH would bring extremes out rarer items getting more expensive, and everything else plummeting in price. Free to Play plat is essential for keeping many players here, because they'd rather spend time rather than money on something. Which DE still wins, because it's more players playing. 

When you have content that isn't fun to grind and players would rather trade than play it Like the Old Blood  then not only do players take breaks (where DE doesn't make money), but if they do stay and buy the stuff, they bypass that content, meaning they still don't have anything new to do and end up playing less or taking a full break (no playing) which again, no one wins there. The Old Blood is the lowest playercount I've seen Warframe at in years. So if DE wanted to an AH they would need to look at these things and decide, if making $$ from sales more important or player retention not only through content to play, but things to sell too. 

6 hours ago, Tinklzs said:

-Snip-

I do agree in essence that the trade being more efficient than the actual gameplay loop , that has less fun attached to it, is part of the problem,

If there is less fun to be had there will be fewer players irrespective of the convenience of trading.

My main reason for suggesting the AH still remains:

1) A passive plat sink to encourage more purchases and ensure DE profits are sustained,

2) A means to acquire things more conveniently for players.

Most things being cheaper is good for 2, Few things being expensive may be good for 1.

What it will definitely affect is the players that are used to acquiring plat as a means to skip everything.

8 hours ago, (PS4)sweatshawp said:

If anything he just comes off as a child who dosent care as long as he gets his way 

Down to Throwing insults are we? oh well.

8 hours ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Your apathy for any given group remains an issue that's not a factor in the discussion.

Yet you use that as a means to extend your argument , convenient.

Who's unwilling to accept change?

You are , as you have implied with your comments , if i am incorrect please do share any suggestions to improve the trade.

We've explained repeatedly why the changes you're advocating for are bad.

I disagree, and remain unconvinced.

Your life to do with as you wish my friend. Validity of my suggestions remains a theoretical construct, My understanding of economies is also quite sufficient for my region , it may be unsuitable for yours i understand , so perhaps use your own advice and not see the whole world the same way. If it can negatively affect you , does it not stand to reason it can affect some other region positively?

Let me break down the suggestion i made as i suppose it might be difficult to comprehend:

I have money (little as it may be) -

Do i spend it on plat?

If yes then i have plat to buy things with to make things more convenient and less grindy.

If no , then i would need to be satisfied with having fewer things of convenience or grind a lot more.

Hope that clears the actual suggestions made, and i already follow this method and it suits me fine.

What you suggested:

Dont spend any money.

Do you realize how it is different and arbitrary?

You say the above , but at the same time you say,

You haven't really thought this through have you?

I dont see the details about this , just the OP stating it and you refuting it ,

we too have recurring demand in the form of new primes and vaulting, though to a lesser degree.

I didnt really say what your governments was , you are free to your opinions just as Plato was free to his.

No direct impact on the current discussion , but ok.

And it's not the tax that's the problem, I explained it to you. It's the fact that you have to try to use taxation to fix the blatant, glaring problems of the system that you want to foist on us. If you have to scramble to prophylactically prevent it from turning into an uncontrollable dumpster fire,

You would rather the system have no balance check and controls? Why would i even suggest it? Thats the equivalent of saying if i need to cook my food before eating then food is bad, or if seat belts are needed then driving is a bad concept.

The Tax is indeed in place to avoid the problems you are trying to highlight. Its like you are so dead set on Disliking AH you do not want to see how those issues can be resolved.

you can rest assured that you are asking for something bad.

I am resting assured that i disagree with you.

It would indeed have been seen as immature for sure , just as immature as giving the example of a pig with make up i imagine.

I am not sure what you mean by this , i was highlighting the inability of either of us to gauge the public opinion without a specific means to survey them, You are the one that started with the request to observe the responses, and now you are changing your tone.

Neither will saying "this is fine" when it is not.

i am not here to fix the worlds economy problems, i am here to suggest a more convenient means to acquire goods in the game.

you have attempted to , unsuccessfully so far.

Down to insulting , i see , i remain firm on my stand that an AH (with the caveats i suggested) would improve the situation of trading , calling me a child does not change it.

Starting to think f00l is just ea employee trying to get players of other games to back terrible greedy suggestions so the casino in the next fifa doesn't look bad in comparison. Tax in a auction house is a terrible idea, item prices should be dictated by suppy and demand, not terrible ideas that a EA gremlin would think of to squeeze money out of players.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, (XB1)The Neko Otaku said:

Starting to think f00l is just ea employee trying to get players of other games to back terrible greedy suggestions so the casino in the next fifa doesn't look bad in comparison. Tax in a auction house is a terrible idea, item prices should be dictated by suppy and demand, not terrible ideas that a EA gremlin would think of to squeeze money out of players.

Figured he was trolling and got bored of talking to him tbh

40 minutes ago, (XB1)The Neko Otaku said:

😄

Just now, (XB1)The Neko Otaku said:

There's no way a plat tax would ever be a good sounding idea to any normal person unless a troll or EA gremlin

Not an EA employee , dont even play FIFA so i do not know about their monetization strategies.

The item prices would still be based on supply and demand , only a cut of it goes back to DE.

You are free to provide an alternative means to take plat out of circulation in a sustained way.

6 minutes ago, 0_The_F00l said:

The item prices would still be based on supply and demand , only a cut of it goes back to DE

Yep a  EA employee, not alowing players to get all they plat they paid for is a scumbag move. Auction houses are for lazy inconsiderate players. DE will never do such thing as it doesn't keep people playing the game. But keep thinking of terrible ideas that replaces something that isn't broken EA gremlin.