Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

"For Honor" style executions in Warframe?

(XBOX)YoungGunn82

So video shows unique finishers that depend on the weapon and class. Would be cool if I could have some really neat finishers to kill my Kuva Litch then use the parazon to vanquish it? Would probably take to much work or time, or just to hard for DE to implement? Idk just a shower thought. 

also nb4 derp derp go play "For Honor" then. Which I do, ALOT. But that's not the point. 

Edited by (XB1)MandlorPrime
  • Like 2

28 minutes ago, (XB1)MandlorPrime said:

Would probably take to much work or time, or just to hard for DE to implement?

basically this. now to preface this, I absolutely LOVE For Honor, especially the executions (though it started going from semi-realistic to what i would call "grounded fantasy"; not 100% crazy BS, but enough to break "muh immersion" if you care about that).

when you consider that at least one animation would have to be made for each melee type - including any melee types that are added later down the line - and then if you wanted to have a unique finisher for each Warframe as well, - again, including Warframes yet to be added -  you're talking a very substantial amount of time to spend on animations that not everyone is gonna care about. now I would absolutely love to be able to scream "INCREDIBILIS!" as my Atlas Prime punches a Lich's head clean off, or weeb out with Ash prime and a Nikana, but I don't think it's 100% necessary, and I don't know if DE would put in that kind of work on a rather small part of the game.

I was surprised we even got multiple finisher animations for the Parazon. I was half expecting the same Assassin's Creed jump-stab to be imprinted in my brain over and over with every killed Thrall, but thankfully it's not that bad. that in itself probably took some work to pull off, and what you're asking for is something on a MUCH bigger scale than one "weapon" and about 7-8 different animations.

we do already have Finishers, 3 types infact. some Weapon Classes don't have Combat Finishers for certain Enemy Types, but the systems exist.

if, like the Parazon pocket dagger thing, we add more agency removing, time wasting Animations.... i only want them if i can opt out of them and not waste my time on them.
even if the Enemy Density in Warframe was quartered, there would still be too many Enemies for me to care about waiting for some drawn out Finishing Animation. the only reason why we're willing to wait for Finishing animations in any game is because of the result - usually you either are guaranteed to Kill the Enemy or it deals monumentally higher Damage than you normally deal.
but, those sorts of things are rarely relevant in Warframe, and when they are, Combat/Stealth/Ground Finishers already cover that.