Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Discussion on Cross Save

(PSN)Mythologica

1 hour ago, darthsidiousX said:

are you guys sure that we will after the crossave for crossplay ? between consoles and pc ?

There's no solid information right now. Not for crossave, neither for crossplay. According to DE themselves, recently:

"Crossave maybe, we're looking into it. Crossplay very unlikely, even in the long run."

Edited by (PS4)Hikuro-93

They are giving us some inside baseball that it would be hard and they're not sure if it would be worth delaying major content to get it done. Frustrating to hear especially when there are multiple posts every week about it, but that's how it is. I would expect cross save to come with the next generation of consoles. If they don't do it by then the player base is going to have a very noticeable decline. 

And I know people don't expect a large number of players to ditch PC, but I guarantee you it will happen. I've browsed enough of these posts to know that plenty of people are playing this game at ultra low settings on their crap laptops and just want to swap to console because dollar for dollar it's hard to beat. When the new consoles will play warframe 120fps (at least 100 on PS) for probably $500. A lot of low end PC players will be interested.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Letter13 said:

Unless DE can convince Microsoft, Sony and Nintendo to agree... no.

OP asked about Xbox/PS4. It could happen. Look at Tera console for example. Their game is dead empty, seriously empty and they announced with a future patch Xbox players will have cross-play with PS4. I don't see why they would refuse a more modern and successful game like Warframe.

11 minutes ago, (PS4)lumen2ne1 said:

I don't see why they would refuse a more modern and successful game like Warframe.

Because of reasons. Either DE is cursed, or their founder James Schmalz made a lot of enemies in high places because almost nobody in America takes them seriously. They used to make the Unreal franchise -- now Epic owns that. Then they tried to make Warframe back in 2005 and it was refused by every single publisher. They were able to get a deal on the PS3 with some guys called D3 who only agreed to make Warframe if DE didn't actually make Warframe but made a "modern military shooter" instead. The result was darkSector, which DE has disowned like six times and is currently owned by other people

Eventually DE made Warframe on their own, selling Excalibur Prime packages for the funding, but even then they get no respect. While they were able to get ports to the PS4 and the X-bone, they have to wait twice as long to release patches and go through longer certification processes than almost any other developer. Other publishers get to have crossplay whole DE gets told "not in a million years". Only Leyou and Nintendo have given DE any real respect in this industry -- and Nintendo might be willing to do crossplay if they ever understand what this "internet's" thing is and why the fans get really mad when they install it incorrectly in Mario Maker 2

Before i start this i know there is going to be that one person who shuts down every one because they have small pp, don't worry small pp is ok.

Warframe has been around for a long time and people who have been playing since launch have changed and there situations have also changed and with how pc’s are getting cheaper a lot of people are looking to switch over but with all the time spent  and plat and memories they have on that character starting over is a hard pill to swallow. I personally have spent over a thousand dollars on my Xbox warframe account not that you should care about my account but with how much i have invested i can't leave but i also can't stay on Xbox anymore due to performance and unnecessary subscription. I think a lot of people share my problems with warframe besides the gameplay balancing and the lack of an engaging endgame. Why don't they do it  if destiny did it, I see this a lot and i do agree with the people who say its not the same or the trading market will crash, these concerns are all probably true and i personally don't know how to develop games not that you do either but i just wanted to acknowledge the naysayer. I just want to say at the time we got cross play from destiny bungie had released a new expansion left activision and ditched all the extra companies they had helping them such as high moon studio im just saying. Ways they could do cross save without so much  stuff, no plat transfer, no dojo blueprints,faction xp reset, i think all these things i could live without. Good day, stay healthy. I would love to hear what you think? 

1 minute ago, (XB1)zata prime34536 said:

I would love to hear what you think? 

That you are years late to the party?

DE said months ago that they would like to do cross save and they are "working" at it. Sure, they are taking their sweet time.

And yes, there's problems like plat transfer or dojo or update compatibility, but that's all for DE to fix.

So anyway. Good idea you have here. Cross save. Very good. Everyone agrees. There's like three threads per week, all written by people who post before searching. DE agrees. Nothing more to discuss, as far as I am concerned.

• Like 3

Yeah, this has been being discussed both by the DEv's and the community for awhile.

The general tone is that if we can't have cross play, we at least want cross save and I'm in that camp.  The frustration of having multiple platforms but being required to start over on 3 of them, is, frustrating (witty, I know) and I don't want to lose the progress and sheer amount of accessories I've bought and earned over the last 6+ years.

Even if it required a subscription or fee for every transfer, I would happily pay it if it meant I could take this account to other platforms and play with the people I've formed friendships with here on the Forums.  (and I would spend so much more money)

yeah. i have a pc now and i want to ditch xbox because most of my friends abandoned xbox already. I REALY want to play this game again but i have been playing on xbox since it was released and ive dropped alot money in the game. i lost track after $120. I will not play again without the transfer.

15 hours ago, Letter13 said:

Unless DE can convince Microsoft, Sony and Nintendo to agree... no.

I think you are severely underestimating how difficult cross play/save would be for DE given the (lack of) quality with their patches and the constant need for hot fixes. Compatibility would be a nightmare.

Sure, you can blame the console makers but quality builds are the primary issue holding back cross play/saves from Warframe.

Hi, i have a couple hundred hours in warframe and almost 200 dollars spent on the game, i recently bought a pc and plan on not returning to xbox. I thought originally that i could migrate my xbox account to pc. I eas teally excited to start grinding out prime frames again, but now im dissapointed i might have to completely re grind again and tediously rank up the same weapons i did already