Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Discussion on Cross Save

(PSN)Mythologica

8 minutes ago, (XB1)BBXWolfy said:

I want WARFRAME to support cross platform because my brother has a PS4 while I have a Xbox one so I can't help him on a mission

That's crossplay. Not cross progression. Which is not even being considered at all. They have been contemplating cross progression alone for well over a year now and still no evidence of progress... So, as kindly as I can possible say, give up. Give up on any chance of helping unless you or he gets a different console.

The day cross save comes to warframe in any way its the day that I, and many others return, and I'm pretty sure the amount of people that's gonna bring is way above most content. Cause there are a lot of people with friends and etc from different platforms. I expect warframe to blow up quite a bit if what Rebecca said it's true. If they managed to release this with railjack or while this covid whole thing is happening you can imagine the people who will join. I think de is aware of this too. And the different version isn't that much of an issue if all the consoles are at the same version which most of the time they are. Remember "migrations" happened pretty easily despite pc always being ahead of the platform you went to.

• Like 1

On 2020-04-12 at 1:12 AM, GnarlsDarkley said:

This is why I miss the "haha" emote.

No and 100 times No. This was discussed so many times. If you want to know why, use search bar. There are thousands of answers

On 2020-04-12 at 7:22 AM, Marine027 said:

Unlikely.

On 2020-04-12 at 7:29 AM, GnarlsDarkley said:

Nah. Very unlikely.

Your only hope is the cross save which DE is looking into. But nothing more up to this point. And it's by far on their top priority list

DE themselves said they are working on it . Check the third post on this thread . 

Edited by (PS4)Akuma_Asura_

Just now, (PS4)Akuma_Asura_ said:

DE themselves said they are working on it . 

Do you have a source to back this up?
DE said they are looking into it. Steve got a rather long paper on this matter (How to approach it. If it's even worth the time and money. And all that stuff)
So far I can't remember them saying that they are actively working on it.
But again, I'm sure you can provide a source to back up your statement.

• Like 1

On 2020-04-16 at 12:56 AM, WhiteMarker said:

Do you have a source to back this up?
DE said they are looking into it. Steve got a rather long paper on this matter (How to approach it. If it's even worth the time and money. And all that stuff)
So far I can't remember them saying that they are actively working on it.
But again, I'm sure you can provide a source to back up your statement.

19 hours ago, (PS4)WetPollito said:

devstream 131... was that..132-133-,,,282 nothing about it.... we are good! lol

time stamp: 34:02 

well then you feel a little silly now don't you? i quote  "we have a programmer thats very slowly unfortunately working on it."

Edited by (PS4)Akuma_Asura_

35 minutes ago, (PS4)Akuma_Asura_ said:

well then you feel a little silly now don't you? i quote  "we have a programmer thats very slowly unfortunately working on it."

Fair enough. And then we have what came after that statement: "We don't want to make promises", and "We are internally confliected, about the return and investment. [...] We have been investigating it".
So sure, it's not wrong to say they are working on it. But you have to bring up everything they said about this matter.
And what they said is basically what they always said: They want to make it happen, but they are still unsure if it will ever happen.
As of right now it's rather pointless to wait for it to happen. Especially with Corona surely delaying any progress they made to achieving cross progress. And then there are the next gen consoles, a way more pressing matter...

So again, I'm giving you that they said they are working on it. But you made it sound as if it will happen for sure. And DE is still far from confirming if it will ever happen.

37 minutes ago, WhiteMarker said:

Fair enough. And then we have what came after that statement: "We don't want to make promises", and "We are internally confliected, about the return and investment. [...] We have been investigating it".
So sure, it's not wrong to say they are working on it. But you have to bring up everything they said about this matter.
And what they said is basically what they always said: They want to make it happen, but they are still unsure if it will ever happen.
As of right now it's rather pointless to wait for it to happen. Especially with Corona surely delaying any progress they made to achieving cross progress. And then there are the next gen consoles, a way more pressing matter...

So again, I'm giving you that they said they are working on it. But you made it sound as if it will happen for sure. And DE is still far from confirming if it will ever happen.

all I was doing was correcting the people who said "100 times no" and "Very unlikely" when that is misinformation. I don't know why pc players are so against cross save but if it something DE wants to try suck it up.

2 hours ago, (PS4)Akuma_Asura_ said:

as I said, nothing about it!!!!, nothing changed "we have a programmer thats very slowly unfortunately working on it." its absolutely nothing! .... I've been felling silly for years, playing the same game on console and pc with 2 different acount lol, dont u?

1 hour ago, (PS4)Akuma_Asura_ said:

all I was doing was correcting the people who said "100 times no" and "Very unlikely" when that is misinformation. I don't know why pc players are so against cross save but if it something DE wants to try suck it up.

Sure, you proved wrong the guys that said it won't ever happen.
What you didn't do was proving wrong the "very unlikely"-statement, as cross progress is still very unlikely. You even supported that statement. Steve said there are internal conflicts about return and investment. And that, above everything else, is what companies have to think about. If DE only has to invest without making anything back from cross progress, then the higher ups won't allow it. It's that simple. So unless DE confirms that cross progress will happen, it's still very unlikely to happen.

And as to why people are against it:
Let's see... there is so much to figure out, and to do, before cross progress might happen. Is it worth it? Wouldn't DE be better off working on other things? Fixing years old bugs. Refining existing features.
There is only a minority of players that would use cross progress. But new and/or refined stuff is something that everyone would use...

I know this has probably been mentioned numerous times but is the ability to have a universal account allowing you to switch consoles ever going to be a thing?

Before anyone jumps at this, I'm referring specifically between xbox and playstation for now. I believe updates wise they are on the same or a very similar clock.

I mention because I have started to see other games implement this functionality and from my perspective this is a definite plus.

I was playing Destiny 2 several months back and found this utility was introduced for example. And things like exclusive/timed exclusives were also addressed suggesting that this cross platform could potentially be done for warframe. I know of the arguments previously was that Xbox and Playstation wouldn't share this way but this no longer appears to be the case.

More so than any game, Warframe with its amount of content, MR restrictions and overall grind could reall do with this functionality.

The benefits here being flexibility of platform use (something very important with the new consoles coming out shortly) and a potential increase in overall player base (I have a number of friends who would be interested in playing but sadly they are on the wrong console from the account I reguarly use).

Hopefully this functionality gets looked at in the near future

2 hours ago, Jiminez_Burial said:

Cross-save was mentioned by DE as being looked into and we have heard nothing since then.  And you would have found this out if you'd bothered to use the search function.

"I know this has probably been mentioned numerous times but is the ability to have a universal account allowing you to switch consoles ever going to be a thing?"

If u bothered to read my original posts u would have seen that I have already mentioned this has probably been asked numerous times already, I'm asking if it's still being looked at and whether it would be a thing in the near future...

keep your snarky attitude to yourself

46 minutes ago, (XB1)ALTBOULI said:

If that was the case then surely this wouldn't be happening in other games? As I mentioned Destiny has this functionality

It was the case, DE wanted it but they said no.
Only later on the console companies started to change where games got crossplay and cross-save.

19 hours ago, (XB1)ALTBOULI said:

"I know this has probably been mentioned numerous times but is the ability to have a universal account allowing you to switch consoles ever going to be a thing?"

If u bothered to read my original posts u would have seen that I have already mentioned this has probably been asked numerous times already, I'm asking if it's still being looked at and whether it would be a thing in the near future...

keep your snarky attitude to yourself

I did read the thread fully and my comment still stands.  If you would have bothered to search for it you would have seen that the last person (that I saw) asked about a week ago and considering how long ago the last official statement was (months ago) then you could have put 2 and 2 together.  My comment was 'snarky' because it gets really annoying having people realise 'that it's probably been asked before' but not put enough thought into it to do even cursory research prior to adding a new thread to the pile. 

PS. Copy-pasting tends to result in an ugly block of whited/blacked out text depending on which forum theme the reader is using.  If you're either ignorant of that or using a translator (and have no input that can type in the other languages character set) then that's fine. 

*edit* Ha!  Thread was merged pretty much proving my point.

Edited by Jiminez_Burial
Added note regarding blocked text.

37 minutes ago, Jiminez_Burial said:

I did read the thread fully and my comment still stands.  If you would have bothered to search for it you would have seen that the last person (that I saw) asked about a week ago and considering how long ago the last official statement was (months ago) then you could have put 2 and 2 together.  My comment was 'snarky' because it gets really annoying having people realise 'that it's probably been asked before' but not put enough thought into it to do even cursory research prior to adding a new thread to the pile. 

PS. Copy-pasting tends to result in an ugly block of whited/blacked out text depending on which forum theme the reader is using.  If you're either ignorant of that or using a translator (and have no input that can type in the other languages character set) then that's fine. 

So if someone else creates a thread about the same topic and to your point it hasn't been addressed by DE in a while I shouldn't re-raise it? The whole point of re-raising it was to put more focus on it. If I'm not the only one raising a thread about it then it's clearly something the community want.

And I'm free to create whatever topic I want about the game, if it hurts you this much to see the thread multiple times then try ignoring it instead of posting in such a snarky manner. 

There are ways to say things and in ur case you were just rude...

1 hour ago, 3NVY5W0RD said:

1 advice, dont hold your breath for this. 

I'm not expecting much tbh but a simple acknowledgement from DE and update from them around this topic would be nice.

As someone who has spent a considerable amount of time on the game on 1 console and someone who would like to enjoy the game further by helping friends on another console I do hope it is something they are actively looking at

15 minutes ago, (XB1)ALTBOULI said:

Right so it's an Avenue they can explore again right? 🙂

They can, but it is easier for MS or Sony to say no now because they know the sales figures from several years. It is easier for a new game to get them to agree since they all want in on the cake. If Xbox is more profitable than PS currently there are big chances that MS wont risk that by players skipping xbox to go to PS, PC or Switch, since such a thing would be possible with cross save without losing anything.

Destiny had the deal from the very start and streamlined their monetization for it. WF on the otherhand is all over the place when it comes to monetization, perks etc. between the platforms.

20 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

They can, but it is easier for MS or Sony to say no now because they know the sales figures from several years. It is easier for a new game to get them to agree since they all want in on the cake. If Xbox is more profitable than PS currently there are big chances that MS wont risk that by players skipping xbox to go to PS, PC or Switch, since such a thing would be possible with cross save without losing anything.

Destiny had the deal from the very start and streamlined their monetization for it. WF on the otherhand is all over the place when it comes to monetization, perks etc. between the platforms.

Sadly I think you're you're probably right, especially with the new console point. I'm not expecting much but it never hurts to ask. 

I guess my concern as a console player is that I dont want to be pigeonholed on to a console just because I cant migrate accounts, if for example the new Playstation is more preferable to me I hope DE would at the very least offer some type of 1-time account migration. Especially given how it sounds like the new xbox will be very expensive