(PS4)Mythologica

Discussion on Cross Save

8 minutes ago, (PS4)VoidWalkerPrime said:

So for Warframe, "CrossSave doesn't work"

but Danielle said in last stream on 1/7/2020 &  a dev stream from Oct 2019, indicated they're working on CrossSave now. Both streams indicated CrossPlay is Not something they're doing... but CrossSave IS.

Cross Progression sounds better than Save. In that its not going to be sharing everything with every platform.

• Like 1

A lot of players talk about the start of a cross - save like it will become crossplay. Theres some problems with the tennogenses i get that. but a cross - save will not be merging accounts together like one said some where above. I only wanna be able to use my Xbox account on my pc when i am at my dads place. If a account starts as a Xbox account i Think it would be better to script it to that plat system or ps4, which will lead to only be able to buy plat on Xbox or playstation. or the other way around with steam. Its a hard subject but basically it would work if you connect the account to a specifik system. Then just be able to use that accounts system on pc. No account merging because thats just unnessary. one account that could be used on different platforms no crossplay!

Here's how I would imagine it working out. The cross save feature only needs to store your progress data (which the game naturally does anyways) and share it between platforms similar to like a "cloud-like" service. The data it shares is limited to only your obtained Warframes, weapons, polarities of those Warframes and weapons, cosmetics, and all your resources. PC is where it gets tricky by having a much earlier release of content. The devs could create some sort of "placeholder" item to fill for the other platforms until the content is released to consoles. This is because we have inventory space for weapons and mods and those slots need to be filled or removed from consoles so the player can't, for example, overfill the available slots they have. A player on PC could have 30/30 weapon slots used with 2 of those weapons being the latest releases. Even though console won't have those 2 weapons, a void like placeholder needs to fill those 2 slots when transferring to consoles so the player doesn't fill it with more weapons, resulting in a error between PC and consoles. Ooooor just exclude PC from cross save entirely, purely for simplicity but hey that wouldn't entirely be fair for a select majority haha. As for the game's premium currency, Platinum, any earned or purchased Platinum will likely need to be locked to the platform the Platinum was earned/purchased on. This helps keep Microsoft, Sony, (whoever sells Platinum for PC), and Nintendo from losing their cut of purchases of Platinum to a competitor. It will also help prevent the shifting of the in-game economy from one platform to another. Purchases made in-game with Platinum however, will transfer from one platform to another. Reminder that I'm merely speculating on my take of how it would likely work out to be.

you know how in steam there is the ability to opt in and out of betas ? they could do it like that, with two versions:

one like pc that gets the newest updates as soon as they are ready, but without cross save

another with cross save, but gets the updates later when theyve been bug tested on the other branch

this would allow pc players the ability to still get updates early if they wanted, but would also then allow people who play accross multiple platforms to have cross save/progress/ what ever they decide on doing.

Edited by EMic135

1 hour ago, EMic135 said:

you know how in steam there is the ability to opt in and out of betas ? they could do it like that, with two versions:

one like pc that gets the newest updates as soon as they are ready, but without cross save

another with cross save, but gets the updates later when theyve been bug tested on the other branch

this would allow pc players the ability to still get updates early if they wanted, but would also then allow people who play accross multiple platforms to have cross save/progress/ what ever they decide on doing.

Warframe is still in beta. Opting out pretty much means not playing. 

What about the issue of having lets say a stacked PS4 account that you want moved to PC, but you have a bit of progress inventory wise on  a pc, 4-5 primes, mods, guns and the like, would it just be replaced or added onto the account? Or would we just have to settle for an alt account...

20 minutes ago, OrionKumabii said:

What about the issue of having lets say a stacked PS4 account that you want moved to PC, but you have a bit of progress inventory wise on  a pc, 4-5 primes, mods, guns and the like, would it just be replaced or added onto the account? Or would we just have to settle for an alt account...

Its not an account merger. Those are two separate accounts.

And for future searches if people ever do that:

Current state of cross-save 1/17 They have a guy working on it.

Edited by Firetempest

Do we have Cross save in Warframe? I Just bought a fairly decent PC, and If there is cross save, I'd like to join you guys if you would have me.. If we don't have Cross save, we definitely should.. I have over 1700 hours on PS4 Warframe and a butt load of gear, and Tennogen.. If there is no cross save, that's ashamed, because I can't see myself starting all over..

• Like 2

they mentioned they are gonna look into it, but dont wait for it.

1 hour ago, (PS4)remo_yesman said:

Do we have Cross save in Warframe? I Just bought a fairly decent PC, and If there is cross save, I'd like to join you guys if you would have me.. If we don't have Cross save, we definitely should.. I have over 1700 hours on PS4 Warframe and a butt load of gear, and Tennogen.. If there is no cross save, that's ashamed, because I can't see myself starting all over..

soon(tm). aka we'll get it somewhere within now and 5 years. and its probably coming to xbox first, then switch, then PS4. 

11 hours ago, (PS4)remo_yesman said:

You are asking for something verry difficult to achive. Not only the economy ballance across all platforms will go insane and tennogen will be a problem as well since on consoles you can buy em with plat. Lets not talk about to updates and hotfixes that will take time for the consoles.

I'm in the same situation as you are: My account is on console, but nowadays I do all my playing on PC. They have expressed interest in implementing a cross save feature but there is no clear schedule for it. All we can do is wait and hope for the best.

5 hours ago, Nephalem said:

You are asking for something verry difficult to achive. Not only the economy ballance across all platforms will go insane and tennogen will be a problem as well since on consoles you can buy em with plat. Lets not talk about to updates and hotfixes that will take time for the consoles.

Destiny did it

3 minutes ago, (PS4)Stonyfoot said:

I'm in the same situation as you are: My account is on console, but nowadays I do all my playing on PC. They have expressed interest in implementing a cross save feature but there is no clear schedule for it. All we can do is wait and hope for the best.

Oh wow, thanks, have you already started over on PC, or have you just been playing other games?

1 minute ago, (PS4)remo_yesman said:

Oh wow, thanks, have you already started over on PC, or have you just been playing other games?

I've sunk too many hours into my account to start over on PC, so I'll either keep on playing on console every now and then or take a break and play other games for a few months/years. Like you said, Destiny did it and I too was able to transfer my console save to PC, so I have something to work on while I wait for DE to plan their next move.

I wish DE would implement Cross save i have spent over 6+ years playing warframe on the PC and the Majority of my friends play on Xbox which i have to re-do all the content over again and again. Its so Tedious DE if your reading please make this your priority. Cross Save should already be here given the amount of players you have and the fact most titles now are Cross save or Cross play.   

if your not able to implement Cross save then just allow us the option to create a clone of our account to Xbox or something like you did for the Nintendo Switch.  

They mentioned this a while back has it been brought up again ?

cross save: Being able to play one account on different platforms (PC, PS4, XB1, Switch) 

• Like 1

I believe it was Devstream 135 Steve mentioned that right now they do have somebody working on it, but it's one guy, and there's no sure answer. I'll try to find the clip. (Might take me a bit)

9 minutes ago, kapn655321 said:

I believe it was Devstream 135 Steve mentioned that right now they do have somebody working on it, but it's one guy, and there's no sure answer. I'll try to find the clip. (Might take me a bit)

Why in the hell is ONE guy working on it ..? 

• Like 1

Just now, (PS4)Akuma_Asura_ said:

Why in the hell is ONE guy working on it ..? 

That's why I'm finding the quote. Hang tight.

6 minutes ago, Rydian said:

(Was 136.)

Thank you, that's gonna save me a ton of time.