Discussion on Cross Save

(PSN)Mythologica

@(PS4)ForNoPurpose

https://ps4.warframe.market/items/arcane_energize

https://warframe.market/items/arcane_energize

Yeah I still see that it's cheaper on PC

But look at xbox it's absurd

https://xbox.warframe.market/items/arcane_energize

Anyway the problem I see with cross-save is how would tennogen work, the different coupons, the PC,Xbox,PS4 exclusives. Is cross-save a 1 time only deal? Can we abuse the system and swap whenever we feel like it?

Edited by (XB1)C11H22O11
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, (XB1)C11H22O11 said:

Are you that damm dense?

Energize id going for nearly double what it does on console...

PC=450-500

Ps4=280-300

Xbox=ya there is some issues with the site here but averages 330 in most recent sales.

Let me guess, you are only looking at the Wts page..

Edited by (PS4)ForNoPurpose

12 minutes ago, (PS4)ForNoPurpose said:

Are you that damm dense?

Energize id going for nearly double what it does on console...

PC=450-500

Ps4=280-300

Xbox=ya there is some issues with the site here but averages 330 in most recent sales.

Let me guess, you are only looking at the Wts page..

You also picked arcane energize for your argument even tho scarlet spear on PC ended much earlier than on PS4 so the price got higher already. 

22 minutes ago, (XB1)C11H22O11 said:

You also picked arcane energize for your argument even tho scarlet spear on PC ended much earlier than on PS4 so the price got higher already. 

No, i pick it because it has the highest easily seen prices. You really are grasping at straws..

Vauban prime 180pc 130ps4 xbox 170-190.

Xbox has a much greater fluctuation than any other system. Player base size had the biggest impact.

You know what let me prove YOUR POINT.

vauban prime 200+ Switch.

Ps4 has the largest player base of the consoles. I dont know if warframe player base is likewise bigger. Switch has the smallest..

Despite having the biggest population PC prices average higher than console. 

Plat discounts only increase that, as it being cheaper, more people buy it, and more plat is there. There is also less to spend plat on outside of trade chat.

PC prices are the most stable, and stay consistently higher than the ps4 prices which are the next most stable.

I do not envy switch players.. if cross save happens, i would buy on PS4 and sell on switch!

I've been playing warframe for about 2-3 years or so now and have worked up to around 1000 hours on XBOX and recently have gotten into PC warframe. of course naturally some oen would like ot have all their existing progress available to them but in this case console players have never had the chance to forwards their progress. I myself have go to the warframe support page to try and resolve this issue but they say it is impossible and no such thing is planned to ever happen. I would assume for the reason it is impossible is because of warframes update schedule but i doubt it wouldn't be hard for on that rare-ish occasion where all platforms are up to date with each other to allow those few players with existing progress to forward it. It wouldn't be out of the question that their are some PC players who wish to forward their progress as well. Some people may say it wouldnt be all that bad to go through warframe all over again but spending another 1000 hours to get to the same place as you were on another platform is ludicrous. allow players to forward their progress now would most likely help in warframes issue in keeping players 

Dead by Daylight just recently announced crossplay coming to all platforms they have their game on (PC, XB1, PS4, NSW I believe). I don't know why, but I have a sliver of hope DE will drop a similar bomb at TennoCon.

Edited by (PS4)Deeceem

Crossplatform also depends on the platform owners (microsoft, sony and nintendo) because they want to keep people on their platform. DE is looking into cross-progression, which is basically what you are asking for and I do hope it comes soon but I dont think that's very likely unfortunately.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, (PS4)Deeceem said:

Dead by Daylight just recently announced crossplay coming to all platforms they have their game on (PC, XB1, PS4, NSW I believe). I don't know why, but I have a sliver of hope DE will drop a similar bomb at TennoCon.

DbD is also basically feature complete. It's been patched like ~30 times in the last 3 years? for new killers and levels, some Ballance etc. They aren't upheaving the game code with massive additions like WF. I wouldn't expect cross'play'.

vor 1 Stunde schrieb Firetempest:

DbD is also basically feature complete. It's been patched like ~30 times in the last 3 years? for new killers and levels, some Ballance etc. They aren't upheaving the game code with massive additions like WF. I wouldn't expect cross'play'.

Yeah, that's why I said similar and not same. We'll see.

• 2 weeks later...

I have quite a few friends who would love to play this game, but won’t because they can’t play with their friends in other consoles. This, and the fact that people like me don’t want to restart to play on another console with their friends. 

all in all, I think it would do this game a HUGE service to make it cross platform and cross progression. Any update on this? I know they’ve talked about it before. I really think it would revitalize the game. I know I’d play it more if I could play with more than one friend. 

DE had one guy looking into it, so it was to be a slow process from the start. Now, with the global pandemic, I guess even that one guy was swept for other DE projects where he would be needed more.

So there's still no answer, and when there is it'll likely be a long time from now. Until then let's keep the hope alive.

• Like 2

As I believe, DE is trying to stop using the PC players as beta testers by creating PC test servers ; overall delaying the update to the majority of the PC players, but to have it bug-fixed before release. After that, they could maybe update all the plateforms together, thus enabling crossplay ; which would be great for the community.

vor 18 Stunden schrieb Nehra96:

Ask the companies who make console for cross play. DE can't do it alone. 

It hasn't really to do a lot with the console companies and moreso with DE's update philosophy of updating test versions for the PC beta testers, then fixing it with a ton of updates and hotfixes and then compiling a stable version for consoles to go through certification. If the updates had a better initial quality and didn't need all this follow up it wouldn't conflict with the console certification.

Unless there are actual legal issues it should be quite possible to offer cross play if the updates were full and of higher quality to not need multiple major and minor fixes and changes right after release.

Dead by Daylight recently announced crossplay across all platforms (including PC and all consoles, excluding mobile I would assume) which they are able to do due to them updating with more refined builds that have been play tested and in case of bigger content updates have been on a public test server and generally need little to no fixes after release.

I'm not quite sure why cross platform between all consoles isn't possible though.

Edited by (PS4)Deeceem

1 minute ago, dwqrf said:

As I believe, DE is trying to stop using the PC players as beta testers by creating PC test servers ; overall delaying the update to the majority of the PC players, but to have it bug-fixed before release. After that, they could maybe update all the plateforms together, thus enabling crossplay ; which would be great for the community.

That would be great. Though there are still some hurdles either way. Especially with stuff like tennogen.

I don't see crossplay or cross progression being done soon though.

Il y a 5 heures, (PS4)Kakurine2 a dit :

That would be great. Though there are still some hurdles either way. Especially with stuff like tennogen.

I don't see crossplay or cross progression being done soon though.

They talked about it this winter ; they could present it for Tennocon. Doesn't mean that we would get it within the next two years.