Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Discussion on Cross Save

(PSN)Mythologica

17 minutes ago, KoDeS212 said:

So uh anyone got any news on this or is this just a lost cause everyone is fighting for?

You used the "MEGATHREAD"-Tag. A Tag that only DE members are allowed to use. So you should be with DE. This means you should know everything about cross-save there is to know.

4 minutes ago, TARINunit9 said:

I'm still wondering why DE lets us access that tag at all. Limitation with the forum software?

Guess so.
As we can see at the bottom of each page, they are using software from Invision Community.
Still wondering why they wouldn't put anything about the Tags in the forum rules so people could know which Tags are off limit before making a mistake.

On 2020-02-27 at 6:34 PM, (XB1)Erudite Prime said:

A little late? My post was only about an hour since the last one. Yours is three days later. What exactly are you trying to say here?

That the post you quoted from me was almost 2 weeks ago, and that another post of mine also from almost 2 weeks ago (a few posts under the one you quoted), Confirmed that the facts were the opposite to my original post, the discussion was over, 1-2 weeks ago.

On 2020-02-19 at 9:31 AM, Carnage2K4 said:

Okay fair enough, I watched the clip, at 1:12:10 of the 131 Stream, they are indeed looking into cross-save/progression over all platforms.

But thank you for participating nonetheless, your input was meaningful and everyone here needed it to be said just to truly validate and establish your presence and emphasise the facts, you're a true hero of the people.

P.S. We get notifications for quotes, so when I happen to bother coming to the forums, I'm going to see that you have been so gracious as to interact with me, 3 days, 5 days... Point is you had no notification from my finished convo engaging you to initiate reiteration of what had already been established.

Edited by Carnage2K4

Hey just wanted to put in my two cents, when I started warframe i was in highschool and all i could afford was a ps4. Now i have a pc with 2080ti and i7 blah blah blah and I will not go back to the ps4 so unless they implement cross save im not playing the game . Havent played for about two years now, Ive bought almost every prime access and im on design council (doesnt really matter but im just trying to show you how much i use to love this game) so yeah cross save is something we want us console players that now have a pc. Its heartless to saay just make a new acoount after spending all that money on cosmetics. 

They have a dev working on it. Every other-other devstream they have updated us. from 1.looking into it. to 2. having documentation from teams on how it could be done. to 3. we have a guy actively working on it.

Edited by Firetempest

11 hours ago, (XB1)rawpie said:

hey guys, i remembered i had alot of progress on my xbox since i moved to pc, and i was wondering if there was a way i can transfer my xbox progress to pc, if not i will stop playing the game because im NOT restarting, thank u.

I'll add a less sarcastic answer.

To Microsoft you are a walking wallet they want cash out of. They have exactly zero incentive to help you leave their platform and spend money elsewhere no matter how much DE beg them to. Account transfers are a one-time thing that happens when the game releases on a new platform and Microsoft will eagerly help with that one-time PC to console migration as it brings lots of new players to their platform they can milk money out of. After that they don't care.

Cross save is the best we can hope for as even if DE find Fortnite level money to throw at the console manufacturers there is still the problem that consoles run different versions of the game to PC. DE won't slow the PC release as the army of bugtesters they have on the PC version saves them a fortune in both cash and time for the free QA we provide.

Yeah, came here to share the same sentiment.

While I don't really appreciate (XB1)GearsMatrix301 & -AxHx-Vile comments, I will ignore them since these ppl don't really realise that less players = worse state of the game. No matter the platform, and that it is actually in their best interest, when more ppl play. .

So yeah, I understand this might be annoying for some, the situation won't change if players will be silent about it. And I logged in to do the exact same thing.

To express that I just stopped playing (and paying), because my console died and I will play on PC from now on. This is also the same reason why I don't play on Switch even though I would love to.

Cross-Save needs to be permanently added to Warframe, and there are plenty of reasons why we should have it.

Firstly, I feel like it should be obvious by now that Destiny 2 being it's main competitor is a large factor. Destiny 2 has cross-save and it's absolutely amazing! It doesn't matter what platform you play on, you just have this ability to carry over progress. You could play on PS4 and end up selling it and move to PC. Not a problem! You can just link the accounts and that's that.

Secondly, I understand that Warframe is more complicated than Destiny 2 when it comes to that. It has separate updates so how could you manage it? Well simple. Just turn off cross-save until everything is caught up. Easy. That isn't even the only solution, it's just the easiest one.

There are other things, but for my final statement -- It was teased ages ago and honestly should've already been implemented. DE has a large workforce behind them and them teasing it a massive amount of time ago just proves that they have (or should have) been working on it, so where is it? They've done things like this before -- like when the Nintendo Switch had Warframe launched on it. Everyone had a period of time where they could copy their accounts over. Why not make it permanent across platforms?

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, HerbrewTheUnrivalled said:

Secondly, I understand that Warframe is more complicated than Destiny 2 when it comes to that. It has separate updates so how could you manage it? Well simple. Just turn off cross-save until everything is caught up. Easy. That isn't even the only solution, it's just the easiest one.

That doesn't sound easy at all.

First, because both platforms are not sync'ed for more than half of the year.

Second, because what happens then ? You're forbidden to play with your PS4 account until it catches up ?

Third, that just means accessing the Platinum-Tennogen from Console and use them on PC ?

Fourth, that just means accessing the 75% platinum sale from PC and use it on Console ?

But yeah that's easy. Just do it because I need it right now, duh. Destiny has it. Yeah. Pokemon has PokeBalls too, do we need to add them in Warframe ?

• Like 14

It would be great addition to the game. Unfortunately a simple "carry everything to other platform" probably won't work on Warframe coz it will hurt economy on consoles really bad.

Warframe PC is also at least a month ahead of consoles too in terms of updates. 

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, HerbrewTheUnrivalled said:

And this is exactly why I don't post on forums. Y'all are defending a game in a horrible state and someone suggests something to make it better? Shut down!

It's not that. It's that firstly this kind of discussion comes up every other day, and secondly your reasoning seems to be just "Destiny has it". That's not a strong reason to implement what would be a far more complex mechanic for warframe, considering the desynchronisation between PC and console updates. If you search the forums you'll find plenty of other discussions on this topic, all with their reasons behind why it should be a thing and why it won't work right now. The devs are working on it, but it's not going to happen overnight

• Like 15

1 hour ago, HerbrewTheUnrivalled said:

Cross-Save NEEDS To Be Implemented

Should be implemented actually, "Needs to" is relative and if it Will be ever is another issue on its own.

You need either that all platforms work on the same client version or a way to transfer the saved data to the Console servers in a way that it doesnt cause loss of data that hasnt been implemented on that client version yet.

We know its very unlikely that PC and Consoles will share the exact same client version at the same time due to how Consoles work and the certification process they force upon [DE] in order to accept an update to the game.

We also know its very unlikely Consoles will accept allowing Data from PC to be passed on to their platforms and vice versa because a player could use this to buy something through the PC and benefit from it on the Console which means no Gains for the company responsible for that console.

57 minutes ago, HerbrewTheUnrivalled said:

And this is exactly why I don't post on forums. Y'all are defending a game in a horrible state and someone suggests something to make it better? Shut down!

Its not a Shut down, its being realistic. All ideas are welcome tho not all ideas are good and/or can be implemented. There has been other requests for Cross Platform saving topics made before yours. The answers were no different.

Edited by BiancaRoughfin
  • Like 4