Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Discussion on Cross Save

(PSN)Mythologica

Its 2020 and cross save needs to be implemented.

This has been a standard feature in the gaming industry for the last couple years.

Adding cross save is a necessary for the modernization of this 8 year old game.

I have a lot of progress on Xbox, however i have a gaming PC.

This means i wont be playing this game until i am able to use my old account.
There are probably many other people who are in the same situation as me.

I understand the complexities with the economies of the different platforms, however if the cost of platinum and items available to purchase from the in game market are made the same, simply merging the economy would work.

Apart from the initial imbalance, i feel it would eventually equalize. 

• Like 2

I understand that it is being worked on, however, by making this post, i am merely showing my interest in the addition of this feature.

The more cross save posts are made by the community, the more DE is pressured to add it, or in this case, dedicate more resources or time into fast tracking this feature

10 minutes ago, (XB1)Inanepavstar said:

I understand that it is being worked on, however, by making this post, i am merely showing my interest in the addition of this feature.

The more cross save posts are made by the community, the more DE is pressured to add it, or in this case, dedicate more resources or time into fast tracking this feature

There is little chance in higher priority. They have the stats on cross migrations and know the likely % of those with multiple platforms. They also have large expansions that need fixing and filling them out and expansions still being worked on to launch and make up for the lack of profits last year for their parent company. All while they are currently stuck at home right now without their likely beefier office setups. Cross save is not a money maker for them. It's QOL for us. So good luck with the pressure on not the feedback forum.

Edited by Firetempest

On 2020-04-01 at 11:42 AM, (XB1)Inanepavstar said:

Its 2020 and cross save needs to be implemented.

This has been a standard feature in the gaming industry for the last couple years.

Adding cross save is a necessary for the modernization of this 8 year old game.

I have a lot of progress on Xbox, however i have a gaming PC.

This means i wont be playing this game until i am able to use my old account.
There are probably many other people who are in the same situation as me.

I understand the complexities with the economies of the different platforms, however if the cost of platinum and items available to purchase from the in game market are made the same, simply merging the economy would work.

Apart from the initial imbalance, i feel it would eventually equalize. 

Yes please, I needed cross save so bad right now , I have a MR22 account on PC , Took me 3 years to get there, spend so much on it , then PC broke down and so goes my account, I needed cross save so that I can resume on my PS4 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Firetempest said:

They have a Dev working on Cross Progression. That's all we have in news.

Damn. 

Don't exactly need the cross save as I kinda wanted a fresh account. But if they do, I'll probably make an alt PC account for the cross save. Too many Primes on my PS4 that I can no longer access (got rid of my PS4)

• Like 1

On 2020-03-06 at 8:59 PM, Oreades said:

**Post Snip**

There is a benefit for Cross Save, Don't confuse it for Cross Pay. With a Cross Save your essentially carrying your progress from 1 platform to another. I mean does anyone love to re-buy there stuff or do it all over again? No they don't. This would benefit Console Players more because they are caged for life and if they wish to experience the PC Side and don't wish to take there time to starting fresh all over again because really who has the time to maintain Warframe on both platforms? That's where Cross Save comes into play, I know more about how it works than most people. Whatever progress made on 1 platform will update it when you switch over and reflect that change.

If that is not how cross save work I don't know what is. All Cross Save does is for convinces sake it, Sure DE would make less money sense your not double dipping on two separate accounts, I rather not buy a item I paid for twice just to make sure both accounts was in sync to much money sunk. I rather sink all my cash on DE on 1 Platform then carry that to my switch without reaching for my Debit Card. Sure less money but who cares I hate double dipping.

I'd gladly play on Xbox again if they figured it out.

I started on Xbox, played with a friend who was a PC founder. Eventually he missed his PC account to much so he talked me into starting over on PC. Now I'm so much further than I was on Xbox, I'd LOVE to go back and play with my Xbox friends with my PC progress. Though I'm curious how they'd handle those of us with two accounts, would they allow us to choose or provide an account merge?

I think it should happen but there's problems major ones. 

• Plat is far, far cheaper on PC and easier to trade for because of it. Tennogen on consoles is bought with plat not real world money directly as on PC. Solution? Plat and Tennogen can't transfer over. But now we have 4 different plat balances for a single account and Tennogen are still platform locked. 
  • Updates aren't insync. Solution? We have to wait as a community for it to work near perfectly on Switch that's always the hold out at this point and clearly the weakest of the 4 platforms. 
  • Trading. With a event like scarlet spear a person with a PC, PS4 and a Switch could farm legendary arcanes for likely 3 months nonstop. People with only one system can only do it for one. What's the solution for this? Just not to trade arcane's just like the plat or just ban people from doing repeated events on other platforms? Unless of course the updates only launch when all 4 platforms are good and ready for it. But lack of updates clearly drives player engagement down. So I just can't see that working out for DE given after railjack release the steam charts had warframe pulling in around 14th place or lower consistently. 

So honestly I'm fine with crossplay never being a thing in warframe. All these issues will need to be solved. Plus Microsoft, Sony, Nintendo assuaged that the other platforms won't cannibalize into the revenue Warframe generates on their own platforms. 

Edited by Fire2box

9 hours ago, Sonic_Mobian said:

There is a benefit for Cross Save, Don't confuse it for Cross Pay. With a Cross Save your essentially carrying your progress from 1 platform to another. I mean does anyone love to re-buy there stuff or do it all over again? No they don't. This would benefit Console Players more because they are caged for life and if they wish to experience the PC Side and don't wish to take there time to starting fresh all over again because really who has the time to maintain Warframe on both platforms? That's where Cross Save comes into play, I know more about how it works than most people. Whatever progress made on 1 platform will update it when you switch over and reflect that change.

If that is not how cross save work I don't know what is. All Cross Save does is for convinces sake it, Sure DE would make less money sense your not double dipping on two separate accounts, I rather not buy a item I paid for twice just to make sure both accounts was in sync to much money sunk. I rather sink all my cash on DE on 1 Platform then carry that to my switch without reaching for my Debit Card. Sure less money but who cares I hate double dipping.

I think you totally missed the point of my post cause there is zero "confusion" about the two. 

The confusion is from people who try to differentiate cross-save and account transfer when they are functionally one and the same and the fundamental force holding DE back on that angle is, was and always will be the Console manufacturers saying NOPE because they aren't going to let their captive audience go without a knockdown drag out fight. 

Hence why cross-play is a much more realistic possibility because it props Warframe up on their platforms in the event that the numbers start to falter AND they get to keep their captive audience. 

On 2020-03-06 at 3:18 PM, HerbrewTheUnrivalled said:

And this is exactly why I don't post on forums. Y'all are defending a game in a horrible state and someone suggests something to make it better? Shut down!

Yet here you are.

On 2020-03-06 at 11:18 PM, HerbrewTheUnrivalled said:

Y'all are defending a game in a horrible state and someone suggests something to make it better? Shut down!

The classic forum warrior snipe.

"You disagree with something in my post, therefore you must support the opposite of what I support! My argument is airtight, so there's no way you're finding holes in it, you must be just defending DE!"

• Like 1

En 6/3/2020 a las 16:18, HerbrewTheUnrivalled dijo:

And this is exactly why I don't post on forums. Y'all are defending a game in a horrible state and someone suggests something to make it better? Shut down!

"Your solution" is not easy at all "just add cross save easy as #*!%" thats not a solution. Mainly because when the game launched cross-save,cross-platform wasnt even a thing, meaning the game is not designed at its core for any of those features to be present, meaning they have to change the core code to add those features.

And that is a royal pain in the ass that would slow down even further the updates if not stop them entirely and that is a nono.

Edited by Servn

What do we think guys? Should we do crossplay consoles? Or we going crossplay with pc and consoles? But consoles have not more players in game with search people with only friends invite but if we going do crossplay consoles then we keep going more players in game if we going pc only then pc have more players than consoles but if we going consoles crossplay only do you guys think that's should be fun? And if we going do pc players then do we crosssave and crossprogresion this should consoles players for transfer data to pc and i think you guys do understand that should be fun what I have to say this! And what do you guys think to me should we do this? 

We'll get cross save before we get cross play.

Little surprised this subject hasn't come up more with the pandemic on.  I'm willing to bet most companies involved would see the benefit to letting everyone play together since the majority of people are stuck home.

• Like 1

All you just said is true and makes sense, but DE is already working on the basic part of it all - crossave. Slowly, surely, but still. Maybe they even halted this due to their work-from-home effort.

What I mean is that they'll eventually come out and tell us what's possible, and what's not. And I guess by then we just have to accept it, or make a fuss about it. Either way there's still too many unknown variables.

Though I don't personally have many hopes for crossplay.

Edited by (PS4)Hikuro-93

Crossplay between PC and consoles is very unlikely because of Hotfixes.

They can Hotfix 5 times a day on PC but have to send the version into Cert for consoles which takes some time. So if there are gamebreaking bugs they will persist for a longer period of time

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, (PS4)Shaun-T-Wilson said:

This is an unfortunately a moot question/topic as, its console providers are not allowing crossplay. Try searching the forums theres plenty of similar topics/discussions like this.

From what DE has said, it's not consoles limiting them so much as DE's refusal to hold back PC content. For Crossplay to work both console and PC would have to be on the same version, which you've seen how fast PC updates vs Consoles.