Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What frames and weapons do you think most badly need a buff/rework?

houselyrander

What frames and weapons do you guys think are just in a horrible place right now and need to be updated? This would obviously exclude things like the MK1 weapons or other low Mastery requirement weapons since they are at least something for new players to use. This would also exclude non-Prime/Umbra/Prisma/etc versions of frames and weapons since changing the base would probably change the variant anyway. No, I'm talking the frames and weapons that are bad even compared to what else you can get at that point in the game, probably by a wide margin. In my opinion, those would be...

Frame: Nyx, because she's a "CC with survivability " frame that has either very limited or very unreliable CC and her survival power grossly limits her ability to act even with the augment. Revenant would be my runner up for similar reasons, but he at least has decent (if overpriced and limited in angle of attack) damage from his 4.

Primary: Veldt, because it's a semi-auto rifle and those are generally inferior to Snipers, but at least the others are low Mastery, have a decent variant, or are the Kuva Chakkhurr, while the Veldt just has a weak zoom to remind you to drop it and pick up an actual Sniper. Convectrix would be my runner up since it's gimmicky and weak but it's at least a Status Shotgun so it can do stuff like armor stripping

Secondary: Stug, because it's the Stug and anyone who has used it or watched TubeGirl's content knows why it sucks. Kulstar would be my runner up since it's pretty much just a creative method of suicide but at least it's not the Stug.

Melee: With the current meta, it'd genuinely hard to find a melee that you can't make good so... Kesheg since it's a "bleh" polearm that costs kuva.

What do you guys think though? What would you pick for a buff/rework? And why?

Edited by houselyrander

frame: Nyx. she's not so much bad as she is outdated. the CC glory days are long gone, she needs DPS abilities or she will remain irrelevant.

primary: Veldt: I actually can't think of a legit reason to use it over Latron Prime/Wraith as a Marksman rifle, maybe if you like the feeling of it? I don't, and It's reload is slow, damage is far too low for a Semi auto rifle, and just feels bland overall. no doubt the Veldt prime will be much better, but we could be waiting a while for that.

secondary: Stug. you all know why. it's always been trash, a better version or a serious buff would be really nice.

melee: not sure if it still applies since the melee rework, but I distinctly remember the Plasma Sword being utter garbage: lethargic attack speed, low damage, no real crit or status, even the other Alert Swords could outclass it. i should try it out again to see what buffs it got, but I think I'll keep my expectations low.

34 minutes ago, GPrime96 said:

Zenistar

1 minute ago, DissentWomble said:

We'll probably get a better version in Veldt Prime considering its a tenno weapon so wouldn't really think too much of that. Hope they make changes to the Zenistar and Komorex though. If Komorex had damage like the Kuva Ayanga on its alt zoom version i'll probably use it alot.

What happened to the Zenistar? I remember people used to use it to meme chokepoints pretty well

1 minute ago, houselyrander said:

What happened to the Zenistar? I remember people used to use it to meme chokepoints pretty well

It's duration now depends on the combo counter, 

120seconds with full combo at 12x

10 seconds without. 

It's no longer an AFK meme machine, it's an acceptable weapon still. 

Edited by 0_The_F00l

2 minutes ago, houselyrander said:

Have to build up combo counter to get decent duration on it which is reasonable to be fair but would prefer something like atleast 30 seconds base duration on the disc so you don't have to get too high of a counter to get a decent 60 seconds from it or something like that.

Edit : slow 😞

Edited by DissentWomble

Agree with the stug, never understood why they didn't buff it after all these years, even when they making the general buff for secondary. The concept and idea of this weapon are really interesting but damn those stats (5% sc and cc really ?) .... is it supposed to be the original water gun for the beach event or what ??

4 minutes ago, houselyrander said:

That Weapon got it’s Disc Duration lowered to 10 Secs but scales with Combo Counter. With the nerf to CO, it’s pretty much a MK-1 Weapon tier for damage. Combine with the fact you have to Melee to let the Zenistar’s Disc last for a long time to CC the enemies, yeah it would be a Melee Weapon that dosen’t belong in the Endurance Runner’s Loadout since the more hardcore Players wouldn’t want to Melee at 2 Hour+, 3 or 4 Hours in a Survival. Those runs is where Zenistar is used at the most.

Edited by GPrime96

5 minutes ago, JackHargreav said:

I want Valkyr to have her augments be part of her abilities.

Also the Aklex prime needs a buff.

Actually.... With the pexilus it can do very well. 

You will need a lot of forma though. 

But either recoil or reload speed buffs would definitely make it worthy of its MR. 

Warframes? Titania (3 mediocre abilities and very squishy), Banshee (High damage but very squishy), Nyx (CC is dead because modern missions demand damage more) , Chroma (1 trick pony and 2 useless abilities), Zephyr (Please make tailwind more controllable and useless second ability), Atlas (2 Useless abilities). Any frame that has 2 useless abilities really.

Primaries : Any old weapons that have 5 riven disposition.

Secondaries : Any old or new weapons that have 5 riven disposition.

Melees? Well.. uh. Melee 3.0 make the worse melee end game viable. Even Sheev destroys level 100 heavies. So I don't know.

Instead of nerfs or buffs, all they need to do is make more Mods like Napalm Grenades on all weapons. Possibly on each Nightwave series 2-3 different mods. This will allow quick changed to how weapons we don't use to have possible different playing dynamic. I wish they were more like stance for melee, an additional slot on the top of the modding slots.

Grendel sucks (sorry for blunt opinion but i cant find any real use for him)

Hydroid is good for 1 thing which is tentacle swarm w augment

Nyx assimilate should be default not an augment, nyx 2 should be aoe, nyx 1 should be tweaked a bit

banshee silence stun is too short and enemies can easily detect you anyways

valkyr instead of 2 defensive abilities should have 1, her 4th could use some status chance her first should simply be removed with something else like, first is a buff to damage and attack speed, second cc, third damage reduction up to 90%, 4th exalted claws 

44 minutes ago, Sharkgoblin said:

Grendel sucks (sorry for blunt opinion but i cant find any real use for him)

Grendel is great in Railjack missions. Invade crewship, suck them all, vomit in a corner, kill all with single heavy attack. 

He needs some qol changes though. Lower drain from enemies in his belly, ability to change buffs while empty, use any buff regardless of enemy consumed. Ball Mode usable when empty, even with high drain. 

1. Hind because it's by far the worst and most uncomfortable weapon to play.
  2. Broken Scepter because not only the stats are bad, but it's unique effect is useless and impossible to use mid fight.
  3. Chroma because he's gameplay is basically press 2/3 and refresh when they end.

These three are the worst in my opinion.

There needs to be a solution for basically all the frames, that don't get some damage mitigation through damage reduction abilities, armor or other way to keep them alive.

Also Trinity should be reworked imo. I like the idea of playing a tanky support/ healer, but Trinity is just annoying to play. You don't make people want to play supportive characters by making them op.

Just now, GPrime96 said:

This is the playstyle i use the most for Trinity when going Melee only.

I'm not quite sure what you mean.
I just dislike having to refresh 2 buffs every 25/30 seconds. It's annoying enough on chroma and on him my buffs last for almost a minute.
It's a similar thing with giving out energy to everybody. It's a nice ability to have, but I would prefer it to be some Area of effect ability. It could just give energy based on how much damage enemies are taking.
And then there is the healing aspect. Healing on trinity is really just a matter of pressing a button, whenever anyone needs it and usually the 75% DR is enough anyway. Without having to think about placement and managing cooldowns, healing just becomes really boring.

REVENANT!

his first 3 abilities aren’t even properly Eidolon themed. His lore states that he was “infused with the powers of the Eidolons”. Powers, not power. He shouldn’t only have one ability that could be considered Eidolon themed and the rest more akin to a vampire. How tf do you mess up something so obvious!

Also his first 3 abilities are garbage and could do with being replaced.

Mag is at the top of my list,  Love her powers mostly but she needs damage reduction or some special shield mechanics to let her take a beating.

Nyx needs DR or a way to redirect damage or for mind control to help defensively with armor/health or she needs a version of Saryn's Molt.   But her Absorb needs a much larger starting range.....

Valkyr's zip needs to bring enemies to her not fling them.

Nekros Terrify needs to stun enemies or make them come TO Nekros.  Shadows needs overhauled into something that doesnt clutter up the damn screen.  Soul Punch needs to be homing and NOT ragdoll stuff.  Would love to see Nekros become a proper tank either through default armor or something to do with shadows.  No more health conversion mod...

Atlas's wall needs to be a cool statue of atlas or of his rumbler that draws 100% aggro with x range or X amount of enemies within 100% range.(make it a stronger more powerful distraction and then atlas would be a really bad ass defense frame).  His first ability should insta kill anything petrified or insta max out his rubble count.   There should be some way to widen the arc of petrify... (range mods/strength mods ....)

Ivara's artemis bow is garbage...., could use some more offensive arrows types on her 1st ability,  Naigator could use a slower speed.

Grendel...his devour needs to have a 180 degree arc to it and a range.  Devouring should be a simple button press not moving the camera all around to point at the stuff you want to eat.   Grendels ball needs buffed,  right now its more for giggles than it is for killing.  You probably do more damage just from digesting the guys in your gut than you do as a ball.    I have to say I kinda hate playing with grendels/feel bad playing as grendel.....   This is a co-op game and grendel just sucks up all the nearby enemies taking away the chance for anyone else to have anything to do......  kinda lame.....definately on the level of limbo bubbles, nekros shadows, frost globes, khora cages...  

----------------------------

Panthera is garbage....totally needs the homing mechanics from Phad scaffold.

I'd like to see self damage removed from all weapons (and exodia contagion).  

Shade needs to grant invis always and forever unless an enemy is within 10meters.  (NOT make you invis when an enemy is close)

Amps......I would need to see a list of all the parts and run through every prism and scaffold.  Why are most of them completely worthless 4 eidolons,  why are vormalysts so god damn hard to kill.   Isnt the void suppose to be this awesome energy that can fight the sentients.  Isnt the void what makes us so damn powerful.  Amps do not match up AT ALL with the void.

--------------------------------------------------

But yeah Mag would be my #1 ask.   She has an awesome skin now and her abilities are freaking awesome.  I just cant use her in the higher end content like railjacks or liches or open worlds.

Edited by (PS4)AbBaNdOn_