Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

De, If You Absolutly Have To, Delay The Ps4 Release

BoompigXD

It is clear that Warframe still isn't ready for a full scale realease, with a hell of a lot of buggy content, balance issues, lack of end-game content, and a proper challenge, Warframe just isn't ready for PS4.

So, my dearest request to you, is that, if you absolutly have to, Delay The PS4 release.

That is all.

I agree it isn't ready. But they have just over a month and they have a few things almost ready to roll out...we can always hope.

I am just terrified that with so little time left until release that the new damage system will be a complete failure and they won't have time to fix it....

Well, DE has another month before the release. Will the game have an end-game? No! Will the game have trading? Yes. Will the game have the connction issues fixed? No! Will the game have most bugs fixed? Yes. Will the game have a proper challenge? No. 

Yeah, they kinda aware of that.

Also, they kinda have to do this. Because, you know, agreements between Sony and DE. 

They have more chances with the game in its current state, at PS4 launch and with Sony's marketing support, than with perfectly polished game, and on their own.

Gears already spinning. They can't stop them.

Edited by Khranitel

Warframe is set to launch as soon as the PS4 does, this is supposed to boost player count and sales incredibly.

I doubt DE wanna miss the opportunity.

Besides, the flaws of Warframe are usually part of the fun.

I agree that this will help DE. However, after people begin to realize that the game has no end-game and that all they can do is farm/grind they will stop playing and tell their friends. 

This is what happened with Sonic '06. Sony and Microsoft pushed SEGA/Sonic Team to get the game out before the Christmas Holiday. We all know how THAT turned out.

Of course, it didn't help that their hard drives crashed mid-development, causing them to lose 6 months of development time.

History likes to repeat itself, even when we think we learned a lesson or two.

Speculation on a platform none of us have seen or used.

None of you can imagine a separate team working on the ps4 launch and ironing out bugs faster than the PC version? It's a hellova lot easier to troubleshoot problems if the hardware is all identical...

Hell, they might not even release all the weapons/features that the PC version has. Face facts: We as players have no bloody clue what the Ps4 version looks like right now.

I don't see this as such a huge problem.

They are still going to keep updating and fixing things, they've said so multiple times, once in an interview with Sony. It's not like the version that comes out on PS4 day one is going to be the last version. They even have a plan for release of updates, saying that if the PC updates are ready before PS4 updates, the PC will get their's first, without waiting.They can keep patching and updating. Sony doesn't charge much if anything for patches, unlike Microsoft. Thus, it shouldn't be an issue if a lot of things aren't finished, as long as they keep communication up, including with those playing on PS4. 

I just hope there is cross-play. lol

If they release it for the ps4 then they're going to get a TON of new players, new players = more purchases which means they have the means to hire more people to get the fixes and content out there faster. Thats how I see it at least

Speculation on a platform none of us have seen or used.

None of you can imagine a separate team working on the ps4 launch and ironing out bugs faster than the PC version? It's a hellova lot easier to troubleshoot problems if the hardware is all identical...

Hell, they might not even release all the weapons/features that the PC version has. Face facts: We as players have no bloody clue what the Ps4 version looks like right now.

It's possible the game could be in Open Beta, STILL on the PS4, but i doubt it.

Played the ps4 version at eurogamer. I doubt it was a release candidate as it was behind the pc in recent updates e.g. still had old middle picture location for mod costs. Played one of the big outdoor corpus defence. The game played quite well. It used the ps4 touch pad for abilities and it was pretty useful. I wonder how the Xbox one will fit all the controls on just the pad. I think the release will go fine. I do hope we get the damage update first so it can be tested properly, however I don't believe enough time is left before release.

I too am a little worried about the 'release' I can very well see things being rushed and unpolished before the PS4 release....

however...

in saying that the good thing about Warframe is that it has the MMO style mentality that hotfixes, updates and patches can still be done on a regular basis without much issues. 

its not like then this comes out on the PS4 everything is final and its never going to be updated again. 

It is clear that Warframe still isn't ready for a full scale realease, with a hell of a lot of buggy content, balance issues, lack of end-game content, and a proper challenge, Warframe just isn't ready for PS4.

So, my dearest request to you, is that, if you absolutly have to, Delay The PS4 release.

That is all.

Civilization IV and V wants a word with you.

I like playin' warframe with controller, i don't find that an issue... Then again i've played much near my whole life with different sorts of controllers and call me crazy but i prefer controller over keyboard, but not over keyboard + mouse. So most of time i play with keyboard + mouse. Nevertheless, i like playing warframe with controller as well.

Anyways, back to topic, agreed here. Bugged and unfinished releases have never made much good anyways. Delaying would be better option here, if it's necessary.