Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

primed vital sense primed blunderbuss and primed point strike and primed organ shatter

warmastercain

Why have we yet to get primed vital sense primed blunderbuss and primed point strike and primed organ shatter everything else has primed crit damage and only 2 have a primed crit chance pistol gambit and sacrificial steel but no primed cc for rifles or shotguns or primed crit damage for melee and assault rifles it's just not right to have baro keep bringing mods no one wants because of how garbage they are like all 120 impact and primed heavy trauma all trash 

Primed Blunderbuss would make sense, but primaries already have a high percentage CC/CD mod, and melee definitely doesn't need more Critical Damage.

What you want is power creep and DE is very cautious with that these days (just look at how Warframes are designed these days for example).

Edited by Voltage
  • Like 3

I think part of balancing Shotguns/Rifles/Secondaries goes is the difference between their mods- Hornet Strike being 220% while Serration/Primed Point Blank are 165%, Vital Sense being 120% while Primed Target Cracaker/Primed Ravage are 110%, and so fourth

I think asking "How can we not get these?" is a very problematic questio, because that better question is "Why should we?". These mods have a lot of implications on the game and you really have to think it through before just shipping them out

I'm not sure weather we should or shouldn't, I'm just saying you're gonna need to present better reason than "Shotguns got it, why didn't rifles?"

Edit:

O and I forgot to mention- Think about that capacity. God dammit the capacity is so tight on Primaries/Secondaries, I'd say we really need a way to increase that befoe we can get more Primed/Sacrificial mods

Edited by (PS4)SrebX

There will probably never be primed organ shatterer. Melee damage is already insanely high, there is now way it will be buffed. Umbra steel does not factor as much, since outside of heavy attack builds, everyone runs blood rush instead. I think DE is also looking at primary weapons the same way. Primed vital sense and primed point strike probably would not happen either. Again, major damage upgrades that are not warranted. 

I do not know how historically DE determined which mods get primes and which do not. As balance currently stands, direct buff to melee and primary mods is highly unlikely.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Voltage said:

What you want is power creep and DE is very cautious with that these days (just look at how Warframes are designed these days for example).

For all the beating around the bush, DE continues to feed into the power creep since they added Exilus Mod Slots for Primaries and Secondaries so that players can use little used mods later in the game...  And I won't even touch the fact that DE created insane power creep when they opened up Rivens to all weapons instead of having them limited to the weapons they originally intended them for (the constant retooling of Rivens to making them not viable to already powerful weapons is akin to attempting to put the genie back in the bottle).  

Although, if I recall correctly DE has stated early on during the introduction of Primed Mods, Organ Shatter will never be made into a Primed Mod because off the damage melee can already do.  So that one's never happening.  

I'm with many others in that it's surprising Primed Blunderbuss hasn't happened yet.  But the question is how much more crit chance is going to go into that as the Non-primed is already at +90% Crit Chance.  +110%?  +120%?  At 40% Crit Chance (with any other modifiers), this would cause even me to raise my eyebrows in confusion.  

It's just sad because the only way melee really shine now is with heavy attacks and weapons with a poor 2.0x crit and trash disposition could benefit from it while some rifles like shedu need an extremely expensive riven to hit the magical 100% crit chance with the poor 2.1x crit and 25% cc 

primed blunderbluss is the only one i can agree with. possible organ shatter. 

the other mods are over 100% so i think priming those is unneccessary. aswell as i think its already hard enough fitting mods in. if 1-2 more mods get primed that could cause issue and inb4 8 Forma meta. lol

Edited by Makunogo

Blunderbuss it self should be brought up to 120 crit chance like the rest of the basic crit chance mods before id consider a primed of blunderbuss

point strike and organ shatter maybe id lean more on the odds of organ shatter happening then any of the three listed