Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Single Side Shoulder Armor is Stupid

Fluffysbeans

Single shoulder armor was introduced with the Provvok shoulder guard, and then was folowed by Protosomid 
and now the Prisma Latron (maybe, this could change with next baro, but it's not labelled as right or left, which scares me).
There's absolutely no reason why the armor shouldn't be flipped and allowed to be placed on the right side, it would only take minimal effort to make it happen.
While there are the three armors I mentioned, I'm only going to look at Provvok's interactions, since it sticks out the most.

"It might get in the way!"
The H key exists in case you were unaware, and some people play that way. We're going to be visiting H land a lot, so get comfortable. 

For all of my examples, I'll be using Atlas Prime. Atlas is (as far as I can see) the all-around largest frame. 
Grendel is a tad wider, but Atlas has a teeny bit of height, which pulls his shoulders closer to the center of the screen.

And before anyone says "AKSHULLY THE POSE IS DIFFERENT", check this out:
3DRTJeh.png

To start, I looked at how the shoulder stance is between left and right.
Left:
VISa5zz.png
Right:
U0aQGWN.png

Then I zoomed in, which drastically changes the pose on each side.
Left:
yC9Z8jY.png
Right:
WNeuvmL.png

I do see that the left side has a more compact pose than the right, but it's still not enough of a reason to not have the option to use all armors on the right.
(especially with chroma dynasty existing for the left)

And a quick post-edit: there's also no reason why we shouldn't be able to use the left and right variants of the Harkonar and Maggor shoulders on either side too.

Now I get it, having the armors equipped on the right side would probably block a bit more of the view than on the left, 
but it's not so much that it shouldn't be left up to the player if they want to take that risk or not. 
Just give us the option to screw up our view if we want, Nekros Prime and Chroma Dynasty exist anyway.

Edited by Fluffysbeans
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Hawk_of_the_Reborn said:

The problem is that you're pressing H to lefty the weapon, disgusting

I personally don't, but some people do. Heck, my point is that all the normal people who play over the right shoulder should be able to equip the armor pieces on that side if they want.

Just now, Fluffysbeans said:

I personally don't, but some people do. Heck, my point is that all the normal people who play over the right shoulder should be able to equip the armor pieces on that side if they want.

It would be nice to be able to toggle sides for one-sided cosmetics like the one OP posted or the operator eyepatch

On 2020-01-31 at 11:10 AM, Fluffysbeans said:

Not to hijack the thread but how would one switch their view on console?