Jump to content
Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The New War is No Longer a Quest


Sitchrea
 Share

Recommended Posts

Yup, called it. Multiple times, the latest of which was this post:

On 2020-01-03 at 12:01 PM, KnossosTNC said:

Between the cover of a magazine I saw and DE saying that The New War will be "an actual war," I'd say that:

  1. The whole 2020 will be about The New War.
  2. It will have two parts; a map event and a cinematic quest line.
  3. It will release in phases, which means there is no single release date.
  4. Phase 1 might be sooner than you think. We're likely to see something in Q1.

Here's a juicy quote just to ram home how right I was:

Quote

"The way we look at it now is that this entire year we’re launching the war," Carter explains. "It’s not like the way we released Fortuna or the Plains of Eidolon where it’s like, boom, here’s all the content right away. This is us being as much of a 'live game' as we can be where over this next month, you’re going to start building a ship while we give you the backstory behind that, and then we’re going to start launching that first offensive. And as the war progresses—as things get more and more intense—the technology will change and ideas will change. We really want Empyrean to be the start of a whole new way to play Warframe, but also a whole new way of how we’re going to roll out content." The result, Carter hopes, is a story that naturally evolves over time throughout most of 2020, with the stakes getting higher as more is discovered about Natah and her Sentient family. What that actually means is anyone’s guess—and I’m not even sure Digital Extremes has a concrete plan either. 

The article makes it sounds like the Phase 1 is due in February. Sounds about right, from the impression I got from what DE have been saying.

Edited by KnossosTNC
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Honestly, it'd be a bad war event if we just did a quest. I guess there will indeed be a quest at the end of it to simply end it (season finale), but we'll see.

What I wonder is how the heck this will make the game evolve. If it ends in a quest (and it should, given the story), how will we make it stay or go? How will this be different than the current Infested invasions, or how will we simply win or lose? In other words: How will the game truly evolve?

Let's see what they bring on.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, NightmareT12 said:

Honestly, it'd be a bad war event if we just did a quest. I guess there will indeed be a quest at the end of it to simply end it (season finale), but we'll see.

What I wonder is how the heck this will make the game evolve. If it ends in a quest (and it should, given the story), how will we make it stay or go? How will this be different than the current Infested invasions, or how will we simply win or lose? In other words: How will the game truly evolve?

Let's see what they bring on.

My guess is there would be more of a Quest to Start the War, rather then Finish it. That way newer players will get experience the opening shots as well.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Kaotyke said:

Time to put our expectations incredibly high and call on their incompetence when DEy dont deliver.

They have no history delivering something like this, though, so it's probably unwise to set any expectations at all*. It's anyone's guess how well it will work out. 

 

 

* Not that it's ever stopped us before!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Kaotyke said:

Time to put our expectations incredibly high and call on their incompetence when DEy dont deliver.

I'm already expecting 67 new fully-rendered galaxies to explore, 250,000 factions, and fully-realised planets at a 1:1 scale within our current solar system by the end of the week.

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

In any way its just new way to grind about quest that is going to bee only way to learn little by little about that new war qust. For example kill 1000 enemies in reiljack and then you get some note what is happening about that new war. Then maybe finish 10 defense every about 20min long for next chapter about new war so that then you get some new information ... And knowing DE that they like making game more about grinding over and all over again,this is going to bee in same direction reviling and playing qust. Because what is the point finishing qust in1-5h when you can play all this in much longer and boring farmig way...  Because they know if we finish qust in 1 day then 80% will stop playing the game. But if they add grinding in all that then in a order to know about the qust, you are going to bee forced to play longer just for that in a month maybe more... Trust me on this

Edited by Vlada91
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, SneakyErvin said:

Sounds good. Feels like such a big thing would be very forced and cramped up in a story quest and possibly a new game mode only. So spreading it out over a year likely gives us a much more fleshed out story and more angles of gameplay.

We are SSSSOOOOO getting our asses kicked in the next 90 days.

If it got desperate and the MITW reached out to help you if you agreed to embrace him, would you? 

Because he’s been waiting for the moment when our guard is down, and we are convinced we need him.

Edited by (PS4)Silverback73
Link to comment
Share on other sites

50 minutes ago, Vlada91 said:

In any way its just new way to grind about quest that is going to bee only way to learn little by little about that new war qust. For example kill 1000 enemies in reiljack and then you get some note what is happening about that new war. Then maybe finish 10 defense every about 20min long for next chapter about new war so that then you get some new information ... And knowing DE that they like making game more about grinding over and all over again,this is going to bee in same direction

Somebody else with trauma from the Black Armory quests in Destiny 2.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well, I hope DE can realize the plans they used to have with Sentients coming to the system and trying to blow up the void(which was supposed to be the catalyst for the creation of fissures) in another way. I also hope this wont simply be a "lets destroy the world" deal like some other games did, but a meta gameplay loop akin to invasions and relay threats, just, you know, with actual stakes and not fake ones, including the loss of preferred farming spots if the playerbase looses, and the ability to reclaim territory by donating resources and playtime to the war effort.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, AuroraSonicBoom said:

Well, I hope DE can realize the plans they used to have with Sentients coming to the system and trying to blow up the void(which was supposed to be the catalyst for the creation of fissures) in another way

Source?

1 hour ago, (PS4)Silverback73 said:

We are SSSSOOOOO getting our asses kicked in the next 90 days.

If it got desperate and the MITW reached out to help you if you agreed to embrace him, would you? 

Because he’s been waiting for the moment when our guard is down, and we are convinced we need him.

I'm ready for them. I've taken on simulacrums full of level 125-ish Sentients before, with restrictions (no resistance resets), so the level 80-ish Sentients without restrictions hasn't been too stressful thus far. Not sure about everyone else though. 

 

If the Man reached out to help, I'd be suspicious. But the man does seem to channel the Tenno's Jungian shadow, either directly being a manifestation of it, or feeding on it. We see this with how Rell's insecurities come out when the Man takes over near the end of the quest. And he also likely needs us alive. So depending on how dire the situation was, it's probably not the worst possible play.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

Source?

It was on a devstream I lost the link to. Ill try and dig it up.

Edit: Found it

Spoiler

 

On a funny note, I found an old post of mine that somehow seemed strangely relevant to both the story we know and what steve's talking about on the stream.

Spoiler

 

 

Edited by AuroraSonicBoom
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, AuroraSonicBoom said:

It was on a devstream I lost the link to. Ill try and dig it up.

Edit: Found it

  Hide contents

 

I feel like that's just too vague. It's just 'something' on the edge of the system despite the fact Sentients were a well established concept at the time, and it doesn't sound like they even really had an idea of what keys would become at the time. The 'something' could well have turned into the Man in the Wall, and the concepts separated - bear in mind, the Man in the Wall and the idea of the void itself being sentient and potentially malicious was first introduced in the War Within which would have been being written around this time.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...