Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The New War is No Longer a Quest

Sitchrea

5 hours ago, Ham_Grenabe said:

Somebody else with trauma from the Black Armory quests in Destiny 2.

Hah i didn't play that game that far away, but its just good sense and logic that is going to happened something like that. Because i know DE like we all are, only thing left that some 1 have bigger hopes for future and someone knows about reality. 😏😔

12 hours ago, (PS4)Silverback73 said:

We are SSSSOOOOO getting our asses kicked in the next 90 days.

If it got desperate and the MITW reached out to help you if you agreed to embrace him, would you? 

Because he’s been waiting for the moment when our guard is down, and we are convinced we need him.

If Wally reaches out to me and I have a choice I'll definently accept his offer!

6 minutes ago, Ham_Grenabe said:

...probably because they needed more time?

Again - this is unlike anything they've ever done. Quests are their model, so a long capaign structure is new ground. 

I very much doubt DE is going to take the time to create a long campaign structure.

11 minutes ago, TheGildedOni said:

I very much doubt DE is going to take the time to create a long campaign structure.

As do I. Still, if that (or something like it) is their desire, then stalling for time is understandable if they realized that it's just way harder than the short quests they're used to. 

There's nothing shameful about it in my mind - you get into it and say "Oh man...this is going to take significantly longer than we expected. Guardians! Distract the child." Happens all the time

Edited by Ham_Grenabe
crazy cut & paste error

28 minutes ago, TheGildedOni said:

From what they said, it seems it's going to be more of a themed year of smaller updates, building up to a larger final product, rather than a full campaign. They mention there's too much stuff to put in all in one go, so they're taking the phase approach to the extreme and drip-feeding it over the course of the full year, in turn giving them more time to work on the larger parts of the content which would show up later. Presumably with some story beats for each part. For example, with the Sentient Ramsleds, we can see a new skybox (possibly a new proxima?) in the background.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Loza03 said:

Source?

I'm ready for them. I've taken on simulacrums full of level 125-ish Sentients before, with restrictions (no resistance resets), so the level 80-ish Sentients without restrictions hasn't been too stressful thus far. Not sure about everyone else though. 

If the Man reached out to help, I'd be suspicious. But the man does seem to channel the Tenno's Jungian shadow, either directly being a manifestation of it, or feeding on it. We see this with how Rell's insecurities come out when the Man takes over near the end of the quest. And he also likely needs us alive. So depending on how dire the situation was, it's probably not the worst possible play.

You are the first person I’ve seen that ALSO relates [the theory of] Stalker to being our monstrous ID/Jungian Shadow made real through subconscious transference to a frame and weapons.

If people are curious, I’ll point to reasons why I think the “low ranking soldier” watching the Tenno commit betrayal from afar is actually YOU and not some nondescript DAX.

As for the MITW, I believe his endgame is simple.  Tenno are living conduits into our realm (like Void fissures/keys) that give the form and vessel needed to enter and take over.  The stronger we grow, the closer we get to losing ourselves, our identity, the closer the MITW gets to fully breaking through and taking over (See Rell).

The MITW is playing a waiting game, subtley pushing us all to War.

In the end, the TENNO, SENTIENT, and other FACTIONS will be decimated.

Death and Ruin will be the victors, and standing on the hill, as flood gates of chaos open, two words will ring out through the minds of survivors...”Hey Kiddo...”.

And perhaps at that point, only a trip to the past via the Plains of Duviri will be able to change this fate.

Edited by (PS4)Silverback73

12 hours ago, Loza03 said:

I feel like that's just too vague. It's just 'something' on the edge of the system despite the fact Sentients were a well established concept at the time, and it doesn't sound like they even really had an idea of what keys would become at the time. The 'something' could well have turned into the Man in the Wall, and the concepts separated - bear in mind, the Man in the Wall and the idea of the void itself being sentient and potentially malicious was first introduced in the War Within which would have been being written around this time.

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD, SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE.

Honestly, at the rate we're going, we're more likely to spawn a Chaos God of Gambling.

38 minutes ago, HugintheCrow said:

So it's gonna be a quest, except instead of dropping a sequence of 4 5-minute-long missions in one update, it's gonna be 5 minute-long mission every few months in 4 updates.

Ittl likely be the epitome of community effort mechanics. 

My guess is:

The "a brief history of time" summary of this would be :

operations > invasions > plague star/ razorbacc/ fomorian > new war

where new war is a combination of nightwave like goals spread across various goal driven instances to unlock story quest and cutscene progression 

and because im an optimist: you can do it as often as once every three hours :crylaugh:

Feels like they are gonna destroy some planets, or atleast change them to a point that they are not going to be noticeable as the original planets.

Hope they blow up the plains (or atleast the forcefield) so now the Tenno need to set up a perimeter to keep them contained while the unum makes a secondary field that is larger than vallis.

WE do need some new planets.

En 31/1/2020 a las 13:01, KnossosTNC dijo:

Yup, called it. Multiple times, the latest of which was this post:

Here's a juicy quote just to ram home how right I was:

The article makes it sounds like the Phase 1 is due in February. Sounds about right, from the impression I got from what DE have been saying.

Lol in an interview with GameSpot Rebecca literally said that there was going to be a monthly update for Empyrean...

So... Yeah

15 minutes ago, DOOMPATRIOT said:

Lol in an interview with GameSpot Rebecca literally said that there was going to be a monthly update for Empyrean...

So... Yeah

Empyrean is Empyrean and The New War is The New War. They are obviously linked, but there will be Empyrean updates that will have nothing to do with TNW. I also still predict that there will be a non-Empyrean portion to TNW; stuff you can do in the regular old Star Chart.

hace 21 horas, KnossosTNC dijo:

Empyrean is Empyrean and The New War is The New War. They are obviously linked, but there will be Empyrean updates that will have nothing to do with TNW. I also still predict that there will be a non-Empyrean portion to TNW; stuff you can do in the regular old Star Chart.

Oh boy, I hope they are not linked at all because I did the "get to intrinsic 7" hell to get the 2 min cutscene and honestly it was really painful.

What I was trying to said with the other post wasn't to make it seem like the TNW and RJ are the same thing, but to say that DE normally says a lot of stuff to get hype about despite it being further from the truth.

I just hope that TNW is atleast better than The Sacrifice, since, you know, it was teased 2 years ago...

Edited by DOOMPATRIOT