Jump to content
Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kuva larvling showing weapon as well as ephemera before killing


.Nabu.
 Share

Recommended Posts

They just showed in the devstream how the Kuva Larvling shows what weapon they will have before we kill them and start the grind for them. I would love if they add if the Larvling has an ephemera or not because that's what some of us are interested in farming. That way, the farm and the rng is still there as well as it removes the chance of us missing an ephemera because we did not know if the Larvling had one.

Let me know what you guys think \o/.

  • Like 8
Link to comment
Share on other sites

If at all possible (and it is, since Scrambus enemies work this way), I think it would be cool if the Larvling was wielding its Lich weapon rather than just the generic placeholder Karak. Like if Larvlings could wield an Ogris, and then turns into a Lich with the Kuva Ogris

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, TARINunit9 said:

If at all possible (and it is, since Scrambus enemies work this way), I think it would be cool if the Larvling was wielding its Lich weapon rather than just the generic placeholder Karak. Like if Larvlings could wield an Ogris, and then turns into a Lich with the Kuva Ogris

This. Rather than a pop up being like "KUVA KRAKEN" it should be the weapon they have. Makes it more immersive. But perhaps the current proposition is a placeholder for such a thing?

As for it showing the ephemera...same thing with the gun. The larvaling should have the ephemera on them rather than a generic pop up.

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

59 minutes ago, Hixlysss said:

This. Rather than a pop up being like "KUVA KRAKEN" it should be the weapon they have. Makes it more immersive. But perhaps the current proposition is a placeholder for such a thing?

As for it showing the ephemera...same thing with the gun. The larvaling should have the ephemera on them rather than a generic pop up.

While it would be a lot more immersive to simply have the larvling carry the relevant gun, I can see why they went with this popup icon - it's a lot harder to mistake, and much easier to tell what gun you're going to get at a glance.

I mean, imagine you kill your larvaling in a dark tile and you can't really see what gun they had. Is it a hind? A karak? A chakhurr? At least this way you know what exactly you're going to get weaponwise without having to squint at it.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Considering the new transfer system there is now a real reason to farm all duplicates for the ones you use, plus I'm not sure if they mentioned it in the stream but they previously mentioned doubling the Ephemera chance (again). Which should make it a 1 in 5 chance of seeing an Ephemera.

So it honestly doesn't seem necessary except for people who've, for some reason, went and grinded/bought all 60% weapons already.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, (PS4)Nighthawk2060 said:

1 slight issue, The ephemera is determined by the frame you kill it with soooooo

oh dammit you have a point :c i wish there would be an indicator that this larvling would have an ephemira and if we want the ephemira we will kill it using our warframe which will enable that element. It would make sense for the larvling to have an innate thing that absorbs the damage and turns that element into the ephemra we want

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, trst said:

Considering the new transfer system there is now a real reason to farm all duplicates for the ones you use, plus I'm not sure if they mentioned it in the stream but they previously mentioned doubling the Ephemera chance (again). Which should make it a 1 in 5 chance of seeing an Ephemera.

So it honestly doesn't seem necessary except for people who've, for some reason, went and grinded/bought all 60% weapons already.

True, I just feel incredibly unlucky lately since the only ephemra i got was one that i bought, been farming liches for a while and haven't gotten one yet and getting a 26% ogris kind of made me take a break from the game because i dont want to dumb time and resources into that until the update drops at least. the reason behind my suggestion is that in a way it lessens the rng but keeps it since we still have to run a mission (most likely adaro) until we get what we want. I dont mind if they keep the same odds, i will keep running adaro until i get my ephemera which would feel rewarding once i actually get it

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, (PS4)Nighthawk2060 said:

1 slight issue, The ephemera is determined by the frame you kill it with soooooo

That should be easy enough to bypass, just have the "death" animation display the Ephemera effect during the sequence.

Basically give a visual indicator, would require some more animations.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, MorteNexus13 said:

I think that more than the ephemera, the Kuva Larving should show the element.

I am not sure if i am picking up what you mean, if you are talking about the weapon element, that depends on what warframe you kill the larvling with as it is not rng. or are you talking about the larvling shooting using the element?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

OK, it would be a nice addition... but after you kill the larvling, you need to a guaranteed death to makeup for cheating the grind... and also, because it makes the game artificially more difficult if you just die for no reason. Also, the spawn chance of the larvling needs to go from guaranteed to 1% to make it too grindy again.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, nslay said:

OK, it would be a nice addition... but after you kill the larvling, you need to a guaranteed death to makeup for cheating the grind... and also, because it makes the game artificially more difficult if you just die for no reason. Also, the spawn chance of the larvling needs to go from guaranteed to 1% to make it too grindy again.

and since ephemiras are based on challenges, the larvling has a 1 % chance to spawn and they only spawn in a rare container that has a 0.1% chance of spawning.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, darkbrick said:

why did they only add this feature after many complaints from the players? didn't they test the system first before releasing kuva lich?

Because, what a few thousand people might complain about may not even cross the minds of a couple hundred.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, GrayArchon said:

The element is decided by the warframe you use to kill it. It's not random and you know going in.

 

12 hours ago, .Nabu. said:

I am not sure if i am picking up what you mean, if you are talking about the weapon element, that depends on what warframe you kill the larvling with as it is not rng. or are you talking about the larvling shooting using the element?

I already know that the element isn't random. I just say that if someone is doing a Grineer mission for some reason and a Kuva larving appears, it would be useful to show an icon with the element that the weapon will have (depending on the warframe, obviously).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...