Jump to content
.Nabu.

Kuva larvling showing weapon as well as ephemera before killing

Recommended Posts

They just showed in the devstream how the Kuva Larvling shows what weapon they will have before we kill them and start the grind for them. I would love if they add if the Larvling has an ephemera or not because that's what some of us are interested in farming. That way, the farm and the rng is still there as well as it removes the chance of us missing an ephemera because we did not know if the Larvling had one.

Let me know what you guys think \o/.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If at all possible (and it is, since Scrambus enemies work this way), I think it would be cool if the Larvling was wielding its Lich weapon rather than just the generic placeholder Karak. Like if Larvlings could wield an Ogris, and then turns into a Lich with the Kuva Ogris

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, TARINunit9 said:

If at all possible (and it is, since Scrambus enemies work this way), I think it would be cool if the Larvling was wielding its Lich weapon rather than just the generic placeholder Karak. Like if Larvlings could wield an Ogris, and then turns into a Lich with the Kuva Ogris

This. Rather than a pop up being like "KUVA KRAKEN" it should be the weapon they have. Makes it more immersive. But perhaps the current proposition is a placeholder for such a thing?

As for it showing the ephemera...same thing with the gun. The larvaling should have the ephemera on them rather than a generic pop up.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, (PS4)chubbslawson said:

Is it for PlayStation too. Or just pc for now

Its not out yet, but they are planning on it coming out for PC, PS4 and Xbox at the same time next week (fingers crossed).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Hixlysss said:

This. Rather than a pop up being like "KUVA KRAKEN" it should be the weapon they have. Makes it more immersive. But perhaps the current proposition is a placeholder for such a thing?

As for it showing the ephemera...same thing with the gun. The larvaling should have the ephemera on them rather than a generic pop up.

While it would be a lot more immersive to simply have the larvling carry the relevant gun, I can see why they went with this popup icon - it's a lot harder to mistake, and much easier to tell what gun you're going to get at a glance.

I mean, imagine you kill your larvaling in a dark tile and you can't really see what gun they had. Is it a hind? A karak? A chakhurr? At least this way you know what exactly you're going to get weaponwise without having to squint at it.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Considering the new transfer system there is now a real reason to farm all duplicates for the ones you use, plus I'm not sure if they mentioned it in the stream but they previously mentioned doubling the Ephemera chance (again). Which should make it a 1 in 5 chance of seeing an Ephemera.

So it honestly doesn't seem necessary except for people who've, for some reason, went and grinded/bought all 60% weapons already.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, (PS4)Nighthawk2060 said:

1 slight issue, The ephemera is determined by the frame you kill it with soooooo

oh dammit you have a point :c i wish there would be an indicator that this larvling would have an ephemira and if we want the ephemira we will kill it using our warframe which will enable that element. It would make sense for the larvling to have an innate thing that absorbs the damage and turns that element into the ephemra we want

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, trst said:

Considering the new transfer system there is now a real reason to farm all duplicates for the ones you use, plus I'm not sure if they mentioned it in the stream but they previously mentioned doubling the Ephemera chance (again). Which should make it a 1 in 5 chance of seeing an Ephemera.

So it honestly doesn't seem necessary except for people who've, for some reason, went and grinded/bought all 60% weapons already.

True, I just feel incredibly unlucky lately since the only ephemra i got was one that i bought, been farming liches for a while and haven't gotten one yet and getting a 26% ogris kind of made me take a break from the game because i dont want to dumb time and resources into that until the update drops at least. the reason behind my suggestion is that in a way it lessens the rng but keeps it since we still have to run a mission (most likely adaro) until we get what we want. I dont mind if they keep the same odds, i will keep running adaro until i get my ephemera which would feel rewarding once i actually get it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, (PS4)Nighthawk2060 said:

1 slight issue, The ephemera is determined by the frame you kill it with soooooo

That should be easy enough to bypass, just have the "death" animation display the Ephemera effect during the sequence.

Basically give a visual indicator, would require some more animations.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

would be nice. also.. did anyone see a Grineer Bow on the cards as a new Lich weapon? it sounds like a Lenz that thinks it's a Kulstar, but it could be pretty fun I reckon!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, MorteNexus13 said:

I think that more than the ephemera, the Kuva Larving should show the element.

The element is decided by the warframe you use to kill it. It's not random and you know going in.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, MorteNexus13 said:

I think that more than the ephemera, the Kuva Larving should show the element.

I am not sure if i am picking up what you mean, if you are talking about the weapon element, that depends on what warframe you kill the larvling with as it is not rng. or are you talking about the larvling shooting using the element?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OK, it would be a nice addition... but after you kill the larvling, you need to a guaranteed death to makeup for cheating the grind... and also, because it makes the game artificially more difficult if you just die for no reason. Also, the spawn chance of the larvling needs to go from guaranteed to 1% to make it too grindy again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, nslay said:

OK, it would be a nice addition... but after you kill the larvling, you need to a guaranteed death to makeup for cheating the grind... and also, because it makes the game artificially more difficult if you just die for no reason. Also, the spawn chance of the larvling needs to go from guaranteed to 1% to make it too grindy again.

and since ephemiras are based on challenges, the larvling has a 1 % chance to spawn and they only spawn in a rare container that has a 0.1% chance of spawning.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, (PS4)Nighthawk2060 said:

1 slight issue, The ephemera is determined by the frame you kill it with soooooo

First i heard of this. Thought only the element was based on the wf ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

why did they only add this feature after many complaints from the players? didn't they test the system first before releasing kuva lich?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, darkbrick said:

why did they only add this feature after many complaints from the players? didn't they test the system first before releasing kuva lich?

Because, what a few thousand people might complain about may not even cross the minds of a couple hundred.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i made the suggestion that when you kill the larvling it becomes the litch you will fight, but with a kuva effect, waiting for you to parazon it.

lvRVO4y.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, NigglesAU said:

First i heard of this. Thought only the element was based on the wf ?

Yes, and the ephemera is tied to the element. You won't see a Toxin lich with an Impact Ephemera.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It could be like hunting shiny Pokemon, the larvling would be "shiny" indicating an ephemera

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, GrayArchon said:

The element is decided by the warframe you use to kill it. It's not random and you know going in.

 

12 hours ago, .Nabu. said:

I am not sure if i am picking up what you mean, if you are talking about the weapon element, that depends on what warframe you kill the larvling with as it is not rng. or are you talking about the larvling shooting using the element?

I already know that the element isn't random. I just say that if someone is doing a Grineer mission for some reason and a Kuva larving appears, it would be useful to show an icon with the element that the weapon will have (depending on the warframe, obviously).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...