Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Current archwings being broken down into modular archwings

(PSN)Nighthawk2060

I am biased towards the side that wants current archwings to stay separate from the modular system, getting that out of the way. I have a few issues/questions for DE. 

1. Will current archwings being usable as skins either purchasable from the market or exclusive to the people who built them?

2. If i have something like Itzal built, when this update comes out, will i get its equivalent parts? or would it just disappear into the void along with super jump and iron jab? 

3. For the sounds that archwings make i like the sounds Elytron and Odonata prime make, will there be a way for the modular archwings to use these sounds? 

4. What is the reasoning behind breaking down the current archwings into the modular system?

5. For Odonata prime, If a prime access for volt comes out again, will it be available as a skin from accessories? or will it be gone?

6. Odonata prime using normal Odonata skin is bugged, uses prime model and is aligned incorrectly. (at least on ps4)

Feel free to leave your thoughts on these topics.

All of your concerns seem to be pretty much cosmetic except for #4. And the reasoning for #4 is because the current archwings are all complete garbage in railjack except for amesha. I assume that DE feels that starting fresh with a modular system will yield a better result rather than having the amesha get heavily nerfed and the other 3 being reworked.

My biggest worry levelling the damn things. I suppose our current Archwings will be migrated into the new system, but chances are we would end up wanting to use different combinations of parts then, and thius replace them with more customized versions.

Already spent formas and Reactors aside - levelling Archwings is such a grueling slog. You basically either have to do the Archwing Interception on Uranus (oh god please no) or the Mobile Defense on Neptune (aka Hallway Hero Simulator In Space), no proper endless missions available (again, the only one theoretically endless is Interception which sucks and also no one stays there beyond the first rotation C, if they stay that long at all), no equivalent to Sanctuary Onslaught, not even Fissures which could at least add a potentially useful reward to an otherwise miserable chore.