Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Kuva Bramma and the dangers of self damage!

NoggDog117

I see people complaining about this, but like... Most the time you carry two other weapons. If you are killing Liches, then there is a good chance you might have Heavy Weapons for a 3rd. Pus your Warframe powers...
There if you die from self damage, you should have switched weapons. That being said, Cautious Shot should just work for every Primary.

When designing cautious shot DE made the single worst bandaid mod ever and just used fire storm as base to what it can be applied. Now instead of solving the problem (self damage existing in the first place in this form) they will give us additional bandaid mods. That's right, we'll get cautious shot 2 for bows.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, warmastercain said:

Well since kuva bramma is virtually unusable in close quarters without cautious shot because your taking it's full explosion damage as self damage instead of 1/3rd it really needs it otherwise you need to be 10 meters off the ground at all times to not die since this update has a bug where you cant revive if you die after using bramma and it kills you and you don't revive yourself 

Vasca kitty.

This has already been addressed by [DE]Marcus:

"Thanks for the feedback! We've heard the requests to negate the self-damage of the Bramma, so expect something to that extent. Cautious Shot doesn't work on bows outright so expect a bow specific version!"

Link: https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1165349-the-kuva-bramma-and-the-dangers-of-self-damage/?do=findComment&comment=11357109

is self damage a mechanic we should be putting on things? 

i think i understand the idea of creating a type of “realism”, but i don’t think any person actually likes the idea of self damage

i do understand why you’re doing it but to put it into perspective you are pushing a mechanic that brings grief to your players and they have told you, i know it’s your game but, if you keep a mechanic that upsets your players do you care how we feel?

1 час назад, Drachnyn сказал:

When designing cautious shot DE made the single worst bandaid mod ever and just used fire storm as base to what it can be applied. Now instead of solving the problem (self damage existing in the first place in this form) they will give us additional bandaid mods. That's right, we'll get cautious shot 2 for bows.

Three - Zhuge Prime also has self-damage(why? just why would it have self-damage? it's ridiculous!).

2 hours ago, Ikusias said:

Really, it shouldn't have been shipped with self damage at all... or at least it should work like the Zarr, with only the main charge able of damaging players

It does work like the Zarr and only the main charge damages the player

• Like 1

Anyway, the concept of self-damage in this game is ridiculous and beyond any logic. Why would you stop at explosive weapons? Make them all do self damage! It should be possible, at least with projectile weapons. And while we're at it - there're plenty of abilities, that should have self-damage, like Ember's Inferno, Vauban's Minelayer and Photon Strike, Zephyr's Tornados, Hildryn's Balefire, etc. And why stop at self damage when we can have friendly-fire active at all time?

Jesting aside, what I'm trying to say is - in the game where you can literally wield a sun by your bare hands, call in orbital strikes and homing meteors on enemy's heads, while receiving none of the punishment you dish out, the very concept of self damage from a limited number of weapons(some of which pose a threat only to the player, but not to the enemy, yes, Angstrum and Kulstar, I'm looking at you two) is strange. Really strange.

• Like 4

DE will eventually have to get it in their head, self damage is not a game mechanic that should be in this game. period. anything that the player can use and inflict self damage will be a no no. always. because basically almost everything will one shot us.

when a simple characteristic of a gun make it a write off for the majority of your player base, for almost everyone weapons, a normal and sane game developper would look at this and say "hey, maybe it's not as cool as a game feature than we thought, maybe we should just stop using this broken mechanic*.

also, WTF? it better be a buff to 100 damage reduction, as well as a lower damage penalty. self damage shouldn't be a thing in the first place, period, so might as well make this mod as bearable as possible.

The introduction of yet another band-aid mod is so unnecessary. I recommend just removing the self-damage from the Kuva Bramma entirely. The only thing that the new mod will do is take up a mod slot that could be used for something more beneficial. With mods amping up damage to ridiculous numbers, the new mod will only feel mandatory instead of optional for the weapon to even be usable. It's like you're being punished just by wanting to use the weapon. I have all these mods that amp up damage done to enemies, but now I also have to waste a slot to put on a mod that makes it so that I don't yeet myself to the moon? Why, when that could be solved by just not having self-damage implemented instead? I'm not a programmer, but I assume removing something would be easier and less time consuming than adding brand new coding into the game.

On 2020-02-06 at 9:13 PM, Troposphere6 said:

De is working on adding a bow version of cautious shot to address this problem 

More band-aid mods is not good news and in no way qualifies as addressing the problem. They need to fundamentally rework self-damage to be capped to a percentage of your frame's health (on a weapon-by-weapon basis, less on rapid-fire guns like Acceltra, more on slow-firing hard-hitters like Bramma).

On 2020-02-06 at 9:23 PM, warmastercain said:

Your forgetting small maps and mobs swarming you 

And doors closing in your face. And teammates running in front of you. And grineer melee guys teleporting to you. And Orokin Pillars of Annoyance rising out of the floor in front of you. And arctic eximus activating their bubble in front of you. And probably other things I'm forgetting as well. The number of things that can suddenly appear in front of you and kill you with your own explosive weapon is too damn high,

Edited by SordidDreams
  • Like 2

I feel like I’m the only one who isn’t shaken by the daunting task of not shooting things that are too close to you.

Ive been using this weapon almost exclusively throughout all content the last two days. I think I’ve killed myself twice. And the frame I’ve been using predominantly has 300hp.

Self-Damage as it is in Warframe massively disincentivizes players from choosing weapons as dangerous as Bramma. A mod like Cautious Shot doesn't completely remove the danger of accidental suicide by explosion, and that's the biggest insult of all. Why should players risk their necks with these weapons when there are superior options that don't end up killing you? It all comes down to either removing such a worthless mechanic or reworking it outright to address these concerns.