• 4 weeks later...
On 2020-02-28 at 9:06 AM, Methanoid said:

probably low on everyone's list given that bows are rarely used.

The negative but most likely correct answer 😕

It wouldn't be a hot seller.  Limited number of bows - and low usage 😞

Edited by (PS4)Zuzu_with_a_Z
16 hours ago, (PS4)Zuzu_with_a_Z said:

The negative but most likely correct answer 😕

It wouldn't be a hot seller.  Limited number of bows - and low usage 😞

yeah, afaik its all about useage, probably why theres soooooo many excal skins.

8 hours ago, Methanoid said:

yeah, afaik its all about useage, probably why theres soooooo many excal skins.

Ehh, not really. It's more about whether or not it's technically possible. If that was the case, then you wouldn't be able to create Fists, Tonfa, Stave, or even Gorgon skins. Not to say there probably wasn't a time where they were popular or mostly used, but considering nowadays, it's not really the case. They just seem to allow skins for what they were able to give resources to. For example, the first Two-Handed Nikana weapon was added on March 2019, and 4 months later you would be able to create 2H Nikana skins through TennoGen. Not to say the Tatsu didn't have its fair share of usage upon release, but I'm not so sure after its 1st month of being in the game. 

Also, it's not just about Excalibur's usage being a factor for a lot of his skins. It's also about how long he has been in the game, how it's easier to create skins for him (simpler body to work with), and him obviously being the poster boy which attracts more attention.

Speaking of technicality and possibility of Bow skins, I think it could be definitely possible, but I'd also imagine it come with its fair share of key restrictions. Even though all Bows seem to use the same animations, DE would probably limit artists to follow a certain shape of where the string of the Bow is supposed to be, to prevent any sort of animation breaks within the weapon. Like you'd be able to design the weapon however you'd want, as long as the two ends of the string matchup with the reference model. They'd also have to consider how the Arrows and Quiver would need to be done as well. Arrows may have to be a certain length to fit within animations and Quivers would need to have their placements restricted and sizes moderated in order to fit a specific area DE places them. I don't think it would be much of a problem considering how TennoGen artists are currently able to work with the restriction of not being able to change the body in a Warframe skin, but if it's going to require a completely new mesh (which allows for more flexibility) by the creator, I'd imagine restrictions could dissuade some artists.

14 hours ago, Scruffel said:

Also, it's not just about Excalibur's usage being a factor for a lot of his skins. It's also about how long he has been in the game, how it's easier to create skins for him (simpler body to work with), and him obviously being the poster boy which attracts more attention.

Not up to date but heres DE's stats from 2018 https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1kjME1XFrC0JDqT4XE1kn5uiYENtCFDmy4w6X5AUhnLE/edit#gid=666982722

39 minutes ago, Methanoid said:

I know about the way how Excalibur gets more usage during an early player's experience (forget to mention Umbra being a factor), but I wasn't disagreeing with you. I'm just saying his usage is not the only factor to why he has a lot of skins.

Dumb idea for the lenz but what if it looked like a regular bow that's red and has gold designs on it and on the arrow there is a firework so the explosion from the lenz looks like a firework having like a Chinese styled bow look

Edited by (NSW)ACE6368