Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Devstream 137 Overview!

[DE]Taylor

a28b9dce6e754cbba1f442d76252fe55_845x230

The crew is back on the couch for another Devstream, and boy did they bring a lot to share! If you want to learn more about our plans for the Kuva Lich System, Pets 2.0, Corpus Ship Remaster, Titania Ability tweaks, and so much more, you can read all the dirty details in our overview here: https://www.warframe.com/news/devstream-137-overview

With the Lich changes I hope there are overall more attempts to make it feel more organic... as I said prior, it could help to maybe have thralls or some sort of hidden items or rare drops spawn in regular levels that give murmurs. Maybe make your Lich stealing items then a result from death as well, so that death feels more punishing later on and there is a way to not get stolen from at all.

In return the Lich held areas are hidden strongholds that have to be revealed somehow first and finishing a mission gives you some of your stolen goods back (but not all of it... you have to end your Lich for that)

I have a feeling changes in that tone could make the Kuva Lich system feel more organic and weave it more into the regular gameplay experience. Your Lich would be more part of your personal journey and be less of another "separate island of content".

Just now, D1videdByZer0 said:

With the Lich changes I hope there are overall more attempts to make it feel more organic... as I said prior, it could help to maybe have thralls or some sort of hidden items or rare drops spawn in regular levels that give murmurs. Maybe make your Lich stealing items then a result from death as well, so that death feels more punishing later on and there is a way to not get stolen from at all.

In return the Lich held areas are hidden strongholds that have to be revealed somehow first and finishing a mission gives you some of your stolen goods back (but not all of it... you have to end your Lich for that)

I have a feeling changes in that tone could make the Kuva Lich system feel more organic and weave it more into the regular gameplay experience. Your Lich would be more part of your personal journey and be less of another "separate island of content".

Excellent ideas I feel.

I dont know if anyone noticed but, from the devstream overview:

Some Companion-specific buffs/changes:

• Howl on Huras will not make enemies run away, so you can actually shoot them

Howl, is not an augment of the Huras Kubrow that i know. Huras Kubrow comes with Stalk, and Hunt. Howl is a precept of the Raksa Kubrow, unless i have not used my Huras in so long, that i dont even remember if it howls or not.

Ok, so few questions:

1) Archwings get dismantled in favour of modular archwing. So, old archwings wouldn't be a thing. There was Odonata Prime - did we farm/buy it for nothing?

2) If lich weapons are said to be expanded further in the future - any plans for heavy scythes (2h ones)? No, heavy zaw doesn't count.

3) Command wheel for companions - shouldn't it get seperate keybind, since our gear wheel is CLUSTERED like hell?

PS. Kuva Bramma - I can already hear heavy breathing from BNP and Cataclysm...

Players :"When will the Archwing rework be released? What about Railjack stage 3? What are you guys working on currently???"

DE: "Here is a rope jumping melee pet for you!"

Players: "Ehm....."

DE: "You mad?"

Players: "..."

DE: "oh and a Heavy metal Shawzin!"

Players: "YEAAAAAH BABY ROCK'N'ROLL!"

New simulacrum looks nice but can we get one that lets us spawn the railjack fighters and lets us try out our various railjack weapons and archwing set ups?

It isn't great to only be able to guess how a gun or build will feel until you get into a mission.

Also side note would be nice to have a spot to test out how a mod feels for kdrives but that is a lower priority since they aren't as required for combat 

Archived