Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Protea's 4th is not Tracer's recall.

Lancars

5 hours ago, (PS4)Hiero_Glyph said:

So I specifically addressed this in the reply you quoted (see above); readers are leaders.

Also, with Zenurik, 75% energy efficiency, Promed Flow, etc. managing energy costs is rarely a problem. Maybe if you are new to the game her 4th ability might be useful, but considering a frame's 4th ability typically costs 100 energy, more than any other ability, you would have to cast quite a few skills to offset the initial cast. To be forced to do this every time seems incredibly tedious when you can address energy costs using a variety of other methods.

Not everyone run Zenurik (I run Vazarin), so it's nice for those want to play tactical like Vauban without having to worry about energy.

6 hours ago, LogaMC1995 said:

Not everyone run Zenurik (I run Vazarin), so it's nice for those want to play tactical like Vauban without having to worry about energy.

Except you would need to do this Every. Single. Time. you wanted to cast a bunch of abilities, and it resets your movement progress (i.e. it wastes your time). I'd rather run energy efficiency, exodia brave, or stock up with Prime Flow depending on how often I need to cast in bursts (Zenurik is just icing).

Again, energy problems seem mostly like a new player issue so using Protea's 4th ability to save energy is about as useful as using Volt's Electric Shield to dps in exterminate missions. Sure, it can help but you are just wasting time in most cases.

EDIT: And don't misunderstand me, I used to love Vauban when Infested defense was the place to go, and I prefer to play a support dps, but Protea's 4th ability will be way too slow for Warframe unless it has something else giving her a buff.

Edited by (PS4)Hiero_Glyph

I am trying to figure out the practicality of the ability. Cast lots of powers at once than get your energy back. Well, there are probably easier ways to get energy back (or better yet ways to make it so you're gaining energy while casting). It also takes a while for the rewind to happen, almost should be instant instead of what they showed off. It doesn't seem to offer any support or combat benefit other than you can cast a ton of powers than get your energy back.

So the point of comparisons is that you compare a little known thing (protea's ability, little known because it's very new) to a well known thing (tracer's recall). If you compare it to another little known thing you have successfully defeated the point of the comparison.

20 minutes ago, Drachnyn said:

So the point of comparisons is that you compare a little known thing (protea's ability, little known because it's very new) to a well known thing (tracer's recall). If you compare it to another little known thing you have successfully defeated the point of the comparison.

No, you see, OP really dislikes Overwatch, so we are legally obliged to never mention it in any way, even if it is relevant. Obviously.

On 2020-02-01 at 2:45 AM, Lancars said:

Tracer's Recall doesn't keep buffs and doesn't reset cooldowns it just snaps you back to a spot that isn't of your choosing.

What a bunch of scrub Tracers. Or should I say "Oh! Rubbish!" Tracers.

Cheers love! To slow!

Ooooh Wiiinston! I got ya favorite!

Edited by SneakyErvin