Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

glaives still suck

Lucadox

Step one in the process of fixing them would be for players to outline exactly what is wrong and post these details in the correct forums.

And glancing through said forums where, besides some bug mentions, there aren't many mentions about them besides people disliking how they control with heavy attacks, the explosion changes, and self damage related issues. All which mostly seem to derive from people preferring how they functioned previously and not about them just being bad and needing to be "fixed".

• Like 1

I haven't played with recent changes to melee, so I assume glaive + secondary is still a thing, you can hit over 250k with little effort just having condition Overload. And if you really wanted some meta bs a corruption build pretty much instantly insinuates mobs because that kind of see damage carries over. And if you  can get frame perfect anything that briefly opens them to finished damage & procs gas will reach in the millions.

Edited by (NSW)Evilpricetag

17 minutes ago, da_blok_is_hot said:

Chroma Eidolons. But that has nothing with it being good. And where are you all getting "glaives" from? I though we only had the glaive/ glaive prime? As far as damage output. I think it is pretty decent imo. Fully modded it slashes up targets. I cant speak on melee 3.0 though. 

Glaives as in throwing melees. Which also includes halikar, cerata, orvius, etc. 

8 hours ago, Lucadox said:

are they ever going to fix glaives? 

It was a fun meta, and that is a no-no based on current design trend for over 20 months. Don’t expect to have fun with it anytime soon. Use whatever DE prefers players to use instead so the stats of weapons usage is @balanced” and looks normal.  

I don't get the problem, since the Melee rework I've had more fun with Glaives than I have in a while. it's nice just being able to do an instant throw instead of needing to melee once before throwing, that absolutely killed Glaives for me. even the weakest glaives like Halikar are pretty strong now.

so.. what exactly is the issue here? any Glaive enthusiasts that can elaborate?

The main problem with glaives is that, while they got buffed as melee weapons by 3.0, the thrown behaviour got nerfed in several ways.

It's important also to realize there are two very different ways of using glaives: with or without a single sidearm.

When used in dual wield mode you are able to throw from the air, and throw with punch through. However you are unable to block (at all), and your stance is overridden, replaced with a basic 2-attack combo that doesn't have any forced status effects all other stances now have. The speed of the throwing animation is only affected by speed mods.

The above behaviours are reversed when using glaives as equipped melee. In addition the throwing animation is mostly affected by heavy attack speed mods (Killing Blow, Amalgam Organ Shatter), but also gains some small benefit from attack speed mods.

No matter which mode you use glaives can't utilize Condition Overload except as melee weapons, and the heavy attack (the detonation) can't crit.

Add to this that they still cause self damage, that Power Throw does literally nothing (no punch through!), and that hold melee to throw (which is still on glaives) can cause you to blow yourself up instantly, and you're getting the picture.

1 minute ago, da_blok_is_hot said:

Oh someones butthurt huh? Glaive is THROWING MELEE. GLAIVE PRIME is a throwing melee. Without the S. Anything outside of that is a throwing melee. There are no glaive'S.

No, I already linked you a wiki article that proves you wrong.

Yes, it seems someone is butthurt they got told. You.

Good day, sir.

• Like 1

@da_blok_is_hot and @HugintheCrow please stop derailing the conversation with nonsense. As seen in this screenshot DE uses "glaives" to describe glaive-like weapons:

AstralTwilight.png

The Wolf Sledge isn't a glaive-like weapon but is still a thrown weapon. Can we please return to the topic at hand now?

As for people expecting glaives to blow up whole rooms or whatever, I think expecting glaives to scale at least with the same mods as other melee weapons is only reasonable.

If you have a 5-forma Glaive Prime with maxed out Primed mods, Sacrificial mods, and a riven I think expecting it to kill level 120 enemies using a heavy attack is reasonable. Every other melee weapon can do it.

If modded for it the Glaive Prime can do it as a melee weapon, but no matter what it doesn't get full benefit from the combo multiplier nor the heavy attack. I can't imagine that's intentional on the part of DE.

Edited by Litus42
Added to the actual discussion
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Litus42 said:

@da_blok_is_hot and @HugintheCrow please stop derailing the conversation with nonsense. As seen in this screenshot DE uses "glaives" to describe glaive-like weapons:

AstralTwilight.png

The Wolf Sledge isn't a glaive-like weapon but is still a thrown weapon. Can we please return to the topic at hand now?

The topic clearly says "Glaives still suck." I came into the conversation thinking, the glaive yea. Not the glaive prime though. Theres the confusion. The wolf sledge may be able to be thrown but isnt classified as a throwing melee by logic. Big difference. Also you posted a stance mod..... That's all that is but hey. If "Glaives still suck" then I guess polearms need a rework. 

Edited by da_blok_is_hot

1 hour ago, Litus42 said:

please stop derailing the conversation with nonsense. As seen in this screenshot DE uses "glaives" to describe glaive-like weapons:

I'm not the one derailing, I'm correcting the mistake of the other poster.

You literally agreed with me (see bolded part), hello?

1 hour ago, da_blok_is_hot said:

The topic clearly says "Glaives still suck." I came into the conversation thinking, the glaive yea. Not the glaive prime though. Theres the confusion. The wolf sledge may be able to be thrown but isnt classified as a throwing melee by logic. Big difference. Also you posted a stance mod..... That's all that is but hey. If "Glaives still suck" then I guess polearms need a rework. 

You are the only person who got confused here, if you read other posts, you can clearly see that everyone but you knew instantly the topic is about a weapon class, not just the glaive weapon.

About the topic though, no, glaives do not need a buff. No melee neds a buff at this stage.

Edited by HugintheCrow
  • Like 1

Glaives are great. The heavy attack allows for aiming, something that it sorly lacked. On console it couldn't function any better. I was iffy about manual detonation, but it works great with a lot less accedental death. I shread everything faster than my opticor. Talking the power throw, quick return combo and making it innate was a great idea. Freeing up two slots for real damage mods. Manual detonation functions as quick recall, no need for quick return. Power throw was only used for detonation, not needed with the new better system that is now 100% controlable. It's not the weapon but the user who needs fixing in this case.

I was super excited to get glaive prime, but it doesn’t bounce like the regular glaive. It hits a target and then returns, the explosion special attack it has also seems to be hot garbage.

I was hoping to make it a viral proccing slash beast that would tag everyone in a room.

The pistol + glaive combo also sucks real bad.