Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Limbo & Rift Plane Communication

eboomer

I find one of the main frustrations people have with a Limbo in their squad is when they use Banish, rendering the enemy sort of invincible.  Other frames do similar things, but I don't find it nearly as frustrating, because the UI does a good job communicating to me that I can't kill the enemy (grey health bar).  With a banished enemy, I attack them for a handful of seconds before I realize what is going on.  And many enemies may be banished if we're talking about a Limbo that hasn't yet learned that the ability is just not to be used in public.  So...

I think that if an enemy is on the other rift plane compared to me, the health bar should be grey, or there should be some other conspicuous visual indication that I can't do anything to them.  Make this one change, and I for one will have very little remaining reason to dislike a Limbo in the squad (the one other remaining reason being Cataclysm rendering things like mobile defense objectives inactive, which also seems to me like a... questionable design choice).

He's still by FAR the most consistently hated frame, causing MANY rage quits and the like, so this kind of thing should get some attention in my opinion.

• Like 1

This is actually a really smart idea! I used to be a Limbo main, and even I would often get frustrated at bad Limbo players who would interrupt the pace of a mission with their abilities (like you said, a Limbo using cataclysm on a mobile defense target before it had been started is a huge pain). Something simple like a gray health bar or fixing the current, barely visible FX would be easy and effective.

Agree DE should just change banished enemies the color of the Limbo energy. If place just grey them out. Also they need to fix some of these team synergy abilities to work together. One Saryn spore benefits all other Saryns in group therefore it doesn't become a spamming war. lol For Limbo one Rift works with other Limbo's abilities. Not having everyone spaming 4 different Rift bubble and not knowing if you can damage them or not. This will allow team synergy group building. One high range and other duration. Abilities that effect only user doesn't contribute to other player mods since they are not affected  by them

Edited by kwlingo

Even Limbo players fall victim to this. Attacking an enemy only to realize 2 seconds later that its banished. Back in the day, banished enemies were really noticeable. That had ghostly white flames.Like phantom zone levels. The problem was if there's a whole mess of them, no one could see anything but white flames. In addition to the gray bar, I think banished enemies should also be gray scaled color instead of just those tiny ghost flames on their feet. If an enemy does not have color, its in the rift.