Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
Jade Shadows: Known Issues ×

This has to be a bug...(It is not, Topic is finished)

FlavourFull

(I've never actually made a post on the forum before so excuse me if this is in the wrong place)

While using Grendel I noticed something seemed wrong with his energy drain while using his first ability (Feast). I know as you eat more enemies it is suppose to drain faster, but after awhile of having just one enemy consumed my energy was draining at what appeared to be close to 30+ energy a second. I could be wrong about this being a bugged but I looked through the ability descriptions and patch notes and did not find anything about his first ability draining energy more and more rapidly over time. If I am wrong and this is an intended feature please let me know. Here is a link to a video I took detailing what I mean (sorry that it is so long, I wanted to capture it ramping up from low to really high drain). I skipped ahead to the high drain part for convenience though: 

I also did a test in a normal mission and received the same result.

I could not find mention of this anywhere thus is the reason for those post, as if it's an intended feature I would like to know, and if it is a bug then I would like others to know.

Edited by FlavourFull
Incorrect Information

7 hours ago, NinjaZeku said:

Alas, that appears to be a "feature" for both Grendel and Ember, infinitely ramping up Energy drain, DE why 😞

I know they recently changed his 4th (Pulverize) so that it would ramp up in cost when the enemies inside you are all dead, but could not find anything on changes to feast. If thats true that this is intended it is a very bad choice and needs to be undone.

On 2020-02-01 at 12:16 PM, NinjaZeku said:

Alas, that appears to be a "feature" for both Grendel and Ember, infinitely ramping up Energy drain, DE why 😞

why indeed... they could at least give some real indication of how high the drain is at every given moment they use those draining abilities.

1 hour ago, FlavourFull said:

and if it is a feature, why can't i find any documentation of it on his ability info or patch notes?

Capturefgddddd4534534.PNG

these are all of grendel's patch notes, it mentions a change to his 4th to something similar to ember's Immolation.
notice there are is not mention of his feast draining energy more and more rapidly.

unknown.png

this is his feast ability information, it mention's its low static drain and how it drains more for each enemy in his stomach, however it says nothing about the drain increasing over time. this is why i believe its a bug and not a feature.

I also just don't remember his energy drain ramping up when he was first released, I remember very clearly of just holding enemies in my stomach because it costed so little so i always kept 1 inside me.

Edited by FlavourFull
forgot to add something

9 hours ago, FlavourFull said:

this is his feast ability information, it mention's its low static drain and how it drains more for each enemy in his stomach, however it says nothing about the drain increasing over time. this is why i believe its a bug and not a feature.

Welcome to Warframe.

As you see here, this is a mod called ''Sheild Disruption''.
latest?cb=20171007154521
It reduces enemy shields.
Enemies that posses shields include: Corpus, certain Corrupted, Grineer Capture Targets, Eidolons and a few more.

You may or may not have attempted to use the above mod against Eidolons and in the process, may or may not have noticed that it that it does not reduce their shields.
It's not a bug, it's a feature.

Once upon a time, it did function as stated in it's description, finally finding use by the player-base. But then DE looked at it and said no, ''this is not intentional'', thus they deemed it a bug...and it was ''fixed''.

FIN

Edited by AlphaPHENIX

8 hours ago, AlphaPHENIX said:

Welcome to Warframe.

As you see here, this is a mod called ''Sheild Disruption''.
latest?cb=20171007154521
It reduces enemy shields.
Enemies that posses shields include: Corpus, certain Corrupted, Grineer Capture Targets, Eidolons and a few more.

You may or may not have attempted to use the above mod against Eidolons and in the process, may or may not have noticed that it that it does not reduce their shields.
It's not a bug, it's a feature.

Once upon a time, it did function as stated in it's description, finally finding use by the player-base. But then DE looked at it and said no, ''this is not intentional'', thus they deemed it a bug...and it was ''fixed''.

FIN

Sometimes I don't understand what some game devs are thinking...

Terraria final boss for example is another one they kept removing all the cool ways players found to defeat it, because it was not the "right" way...

if it is a feature, my main complaint is why i cant find any information on it anywhere.

edit: After looking around i have found others express dislike of this draining system, but i am still bothered that it does not say anything in the actual ability description.

Edited by FlavourFull
new information