Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Smeeta very rarely buffs me. LoS bug?

AlienFreak73

Question

I finally got my Smeeta after incubating like 5 Kavats and now that I have it, I could not be more disappointed. This pet that everyone is praising as great for farming doesn't do anything at all. It either has horrible RNG or my Smeeta is bugged. I was farming Tellurium on Uranus/Ophelia for just over an hour and paying close attention to my buffs because I was excited for my luck/affinity buff, but the Smeeta only ever buffed me twice and not once did it give me the 2min buff.

So knowing how some mods can sometimes interfere with others, I tried removing everything except Charm. It still doesn't work. I've read that you need to be in range for the Smeeta to be able to buff you but I honestly think Charm actually has an LoS problem where the Kavat wont be able to buff you if you're not in its line of sight. The reason why I think that is because the two times that I got buffed with CC or whatever the 30sec buff is, I was standing still in a room. As soon as I started running around again, it stopped buffing me entirely. I'll need to experiment with this further but so far I am very disappointed with Smeeta.

I can't be the only one with this problem. Does anyone know some kind of secret workaround to Smeeta not buffing? Besides standing still.

8 answers to this question

Charm is a "precept" mod

Precept mods have precedencies, starting from upper left to bottom right. Precedencies are set by the placement of mods in the modding screen.

Upper left -> high priority

Bottom right -> low priority

Edited by Aadi880

1 hour ago, Aadi880 said:

Charm is a "precept" mod

Precept mods have precedencies, starting from upper left to bottom right. Precedencies are set by the placement of mods in the modding screen.

Upper left -> high priority

Bottom right -> low priority

Yeah I knew about that. I initially had her fully modded with Charm on the upper-left during my first 25min run. Then I took some mods off and only kept the most important ones but the result was the same. She doesn't buff.

Here's the setup I was running with after my 1st try:
dla9fSU.png

Charm grants random buffs for random amount of times......

So affinity boost or res boost is great but getting it when you want it is a whole other thing.  

If you are trying to find rare materials though Smeeta usually does a killer job of just awarding you pieces.   For example my smeeta almost always gives me a few pieces of argon every time im in the void that didnt come from breakables or enemies.  I bet you got some tellurium you didnt actually find.

About the only time I notice the multiplier is when im fishing/hunting.   When it works it is awesome.  But I dont wait on it to trigger.

---------------

Kubrow or Kavat are still awesome if you give them hunter's recovery and pack leader.  This is a great passive healing system for the both of you.

--------------

There is a fortuna mod, I think one of the mecha set,  that extends the time of kavat abilities.... definately MUST HAVE for smeeta.  

Edited by (PS4)AbBaNdOn_

18 minutes ago, (PS4)AbBaNdOn_ said:

Charm grants random buffs for random amount of times......

So affinity boost or res boost is great but getting it when you want it is a whole other thing.  

If you are trying to find rare materials though Smeeta usually does a killer job of just awarding you pieces.   For example my smeeta almost always gives me a few pieces of argon every time im in the void that didnt come from breakables or enemies.  I bet you got some tellurium you didnt actually find.

About the only time I notice the multiplier is when im fishing/hunting.   When it works it is awesome.  But I dont wait on it to trigger.

---------------

Kubrow or Kavat are still awesome if you give them hunter's recovery and pack leader.  This is a great passive healing system for the both of you.

--------------

There is a fortuna mod, I think one of the mecha set,  that extends the time of kavat abilities.... definately MUST HAVE for smeeta.  

Hunter's Recovery apparently heals the frame, not the pet and I read that it's bugged and interferes with Charm or something, that's why I don't use it.

I actually didn't get any extra Tellurium that I hadn't picked up. All that I got was from drops alone.

I dont know about PC land.....

HR is your pet healing you with his melee attacks to enemies and worked like that forever....  Pack Leader is you healing your pet with your melee.    

My smeeta definately uses its abilities and I always roll with HR so cant speak to that either.... 

(Smeeta is my most used pet)

Edited by (PS4)AbBaNdOn_

4 hours ago, AlienFreak73 said:

I finally got my Smeeta after incubating like 5 Kavats and now that I have it, I could not be more disappointed. This pet that everyone is praising as great for farming doesn't do anything at all. It either has horrible RNG or my Smeeta is bugged. I was farming Tellurium on Uranus/Ophelia for just over an hour and paying close attention to my buffs because I was excited for my luck/affinity buff, but the Smeeta only ever buffed me twice and not once did it give me the 2min buff.

So knowing how some mods can sometimes interfere with others, I tried removing everything except Charm. It still doesn't work. I've read that you need to be in range for the Smeeta to be able to buff you but I honestly think Charm actually has an LoS problem where the Kavat wont be able to buff you if you're not in its line of sight. The reason why I think that is because the two times that I got buffed with CC or whatever the 30sec buff is, I was standing still in a room. As soon as I started running around again, it stopped buffing me entirely. I'll need to experiment with this further but so far I am very disappointed with Smeeta.

I can't be the only one with this problem. Does anyone know some kind of secret workaround to Smeeta not buffing? Besides standing still.

charm

Rank Chance Cooldown Cost
0 7% 30s 0
1 14% 29s 1
2 21% 28s 2
3 28% 27s 3

List of Possible Buffs Edit

The duration of the buffs below are for a fully-ranked Charm. When the player receives a buff (apart from Rare Resource), a charm icon will appear to the top right corner of the HUD, it will also display for a brief time what kind of buff it is. You can also determine which buff is currently active is by looking at said buff's duration.

Buff Effect Duration
Critical Chance Bonus Sets critical hit chance to 200%, making all attacks orange critical hits. Also affects some Warframe powers. 30s
Energy Refund Warframe power costs are refunded on cast. (Channelled abilities refund the initial cast, the effect also refunds any channel cost during those 10 seconds.) 10s
Doubled Pickups and Affinity Any pickups collected or affinity earned are doubled. 120s
Instant Reload Reload instantly once. Until reload
Reinforced Shields Negates damage received from the next incoming hit. Additionally, awards 150 overshields. Until hit
Rare Resource The Smeeta creates 1 instance of the current planet's rare resources for its owner. N/A

Average Time for a Buff OccurrenceEdit

The average time for a specific buff to occur is given by the formula

mb=6tproc chance

where mb is the average wait time and t is the cooldown indicated on the mod. If we enter the values for a Rank 3 Charm we get:

mb=627s0.28578.57s

This means that for one specific buff to occur with a max rank mod, the average time to wait is therefore a bit longer than 9 and a half minutes.

Alternatively, given that there is a 4.667% for a given buff to occur at an interval, any given buff has a 51.17% chance of occurring at least once by 15 intervals, or 6 minutes and 40 seconds.