Jump to content
Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
  • 0

Melee Weapon Build


Richeatue
 Share

Question

Hello again, I have a similar problem with my valkyr claws as I did with my shotgun previously, I do well in all of the level 70 and below content, but once I'm going against level 80+, my damage falls off extremely bad, to the point where it takes 5-6 slices to kill a normal butcher. My umbral mods are not yet upgraded very far, (which I will be working on), but besides that I feel like it's possible my build is just kind of meh. Could you help me point out what I should change in order to fight level 80+ enemies? Thanks! (The reason my berserker is not max, is because it's more or less a waste since all of my attacks are very quick crits, so I get it built up in a second or so regardless of what rank it is.)

a8d3cb99b8f9d8488195f6958c94d571.jpg

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0

I would swap out gladiator might for organ shatter to get higher crit damage, and I would consider the 60 60 mods in place of your normal elemental mods to increase your status and use condition overload instead of fury... It's not always wise to "double stack" mods. You could run condition overload inplace of sacrificial pressure and put the 60 60 heat mod on in place of fury too...

Your definitely going to want to run maxed out builds to go beyond normal content in the star chart.

hope this helps, enjoy!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0

Sadly I don't have nearly enough plat for condition overload atm, but I'll pick up some elemental mods instead and see how that does, thanks! I've tried copying builds I've found online, but tbh most of them are trashy, including this one.

Edited by Richeatue
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0

replace Fury  with Blood Rush and  Gladiator Might with Organ shatter, You dont need Berserk and Fury at the same builds and i wouldnt use Umbra Pressure the normal one maxed or close to maxed would do better for you or save some p and buy maxed Primed Pressure point.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0

here's what you do to Kill Enemies somewhat efficiently with Hysteria.
two choices.

only use the Block and Forward Block Animation sequences, never Forwards or Neutral.

or

you make use of your Range and you use high Attack Speed to let you spam Slide Attacks on everything forever because they have a lot of Multi-Hits as well as a solid Damage Multiplier. plus it's an AoE attack ofcourse.
if you use Prolonged Paralysis, you can group Enemies together so that you can beyblade through all of them at the same time.

it doesn't help that most of the Animations the Stance offers are 'meh' and have no bonuses of any sort either. so just beyblade everything.

 

Mods wise, Organ Shatter is important to have, Gladiator Might could be utilized but you'd put that on later, not first.
you definitely want to upgrade Sacrificial Steel - if you can't afford it then obviously you can't for now.
do you have Quickening yet? it is superior to normal Fury.
normal Pressure Point (or Primed ofc) would generally be preferable over Umbral, especially on an Ability Weapon, because of the Mod Point cost. using Pressure Point will free you up some Mod Points.

you might prefer Gladiator Might over a second Attack Speed Mod past Berserker, just depends on if it feels fast enough for you. since double Crits or higher are likely or with Gladiator Set even ensured, having extra Crit Damage would be quite valuable in such scenarios, if you didn't feel like you needed to be even faster.

1 hour ago, (XB1)DarkForceLegend said:

consider the 60 60 mods in place of your normal elemental mods to increase your status

on Hysteria? Hysteria is not exactly high Status to say the least.

16 minutes ago, PrimeUwU said:

replace Fury  with Blood Rush

you can't Equip Blood Rush or Weeping Wounds onto Abilities.

Edited by taiiat
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
3 minutes ago, taiiat said:

you can't Equip Blood Rush or Weeping Wounds onto Abilities.

MB i only have wukong and ivara  with ability weapon, i ignore Wukongs staff dont like it and for ivara hers isnt melee so i didnt know yo ucant blood rush on it o.o

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
16 minutes ago, taiiat said:

on Hysteria? Hysteria is not exactly high Status to say the least.

Honestly, I don't use Hysteria, but I do know its an exalted weapon and can't use set mods or blood rush. He can use Condition Overload which is one of the few ways he can ramp his damage. Sacrificing a little bit of front end damage, but gaining more in the back end if he goes toe to toe with a very tanky enemy. With 2 60 60 mods and a few tweaks to his build, it should put him at 22% status. No where near ideal, but it's more than twice as much status as he had and with a better chance to apply it netting him an additional 120% damage.

But hey, what do I know... Just trying to help.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
1 hour ago, Richeatue said:

Should I use the status mods then or not

if you want to use Block and Forward Block, maybe possibly

but the Slide Attack is 18x Damage when considering the Damage Multiplier and the Multi-Hits. you should Kill what you hit with it. unless you really don't want to group Enemies with Prolonged Paralysis or some other method. i think it's fun enough, but that's me and not you.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
1 hour ago, taiiat said:

if you want to use Block and Forward Block, maybe possibly

but the Slide Attack is 18x Damage when considering the Damage Multiplier and the Multi-Hits. you should Kill what you hit with it. unless you really don't want to group Enemies with Prolonged Paralysis or some other method. i think it's fun enough, but that's me and not you.

Well my range is only like 50% rn because of Narrow Minded, so I don't think I can use paralysis very well honestly. I'll go about using slides, the only reason I don't is my attack speed is so absolutely quick, I normally end up flying across the room too quick to really aim my attacks very well. I'm not sure what using block or forward block means, can you explain? 

10899600457edbb1291d0fccf1668a8a.jpg  (don't mind the prime flow I f***** that slot up) but this is my current valkyr build, that's a 208% power increase to my warcry so I spin insanely fast with slide.

Edited by Richeatue
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
12 minutes ago, Richeatue said:

Well my range is only like 50% rn because of Narrow Minded, so I don't think I can use paralysis very well honestly. I'll go about using slides, the only reason I don't is my attack speed is so absolutely quick, I normally end up flying across the room too quick to really aim my attacks very well. I'm not sure what using block or forward block means, can you explain? 

10899600457edbb1291d0fccf1668a8a.jpg  (don't mind the prime flow I f***** that slot up) but this is my current valkyr build, that's a 208% power increase to my warcry so I spin insanely fast with slide.

i would say just put some Efficiency on, but you are in a tough situation since you're using Eternal War you can't just drop some Duration.
ofcourse, using 3/3 Umbral without any Polarities is quite expensive on Mod Points and Mod Slots. 

you've boxed yourself into a difficult situation it seems, hehe. your Duration/Efficiency ratio has you at only ~30% lower Energy Drain on Hysteria than unmodded, on top of having a lot of Mod Points tied up making it very difficult to increase Efficiency, Duration, Range, it all seems to be tied up, hehe.
for example you'd need over 500% Duration to come just shy of hitting the minimum Energy Drain for Hysteria - not that you need to be at the lowest, just information.

since Rage/Hunter Adrenaline works at all times, do you actually need Flow? that can get you a Slot to start with.
uhh, normal Vitality and Steel Fiber would let you fit them on a Polarity so that you can fit stuff a lot better - after all in terms of Health/Armor you're only marginally better than just using the normal Mods as it is, and the extra Mod Points you'd gain would let you compensate for the Strength loss of 18% for say, Power Drift so that you end up at basically the same Stats that you're at now but with more Mod Points available.

 

so, do you actually find a 'need' for both the Attack Speed you have on Hysteria + using Eternal War? if that's more than you feel like you definitely need, then that can leave you with space to either opt away from Eternal War or opt for less Attack Speed on Hysteria, which either lets you fit more Damage or be less constrained on Warframe Mods.

 

either way, if you're Modding away from Range then yeah you can't utilize Prolonged Paralysis, as it needs Range. 

31 minutes ago, Richeatue said:

 I'm not sure what using block or forward block means, can you explain? 

uh, Melee Animations are either just pressing the Melee Button and nothing else, Aiming/Blocking while doing so, moving Forwards while doing so, or doing both of those while doing so.

so the Animation sequence for moving Forwards while attacking would be... Forwards, Et Cetera. don't overthink it :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
29 minutes ago, taiiat said:

i would say just put some Efficiency on, but you are in a tough situation since you're using Eternal War you can't just drop some Duration.
ofcourse, using 3/3 Umbral without any Polarities is quite expensive on Mod Points and Mod Slots. 

you've boxed yourself into a difficult situation it seems, hehe. your Duration/Efficiency ratio has you at only ~30% lower Energy Drain on Hysteria than unmodded, on top of having a lot of Mod Points tied up making it very difficult to increase Efficiency, Duration, Range, it all seems to be tied up, hehe.
for example you'd need over 500% Duration to come just shy of hitting the minimum Energy Drain for Hysteria - not that you need to be at the lowest, just information.

since Rage/Hunter Adrenaline works at all times, do you actually need Flow? that can get you a Slot to start with.
uhh, normal Vitality and Steel Fiber would let you fit them on a Polarity so that you can fit stuff a lot better - after all in terms of Health/Armor you're only marginally better than just using the normal Mods as it is, and the extra Mod Points you'd gain would let you compensate for the Strength loss of 18% for say, Power Drift so that you end up at basically the same Stats that you're at now but with more Mod Points available.

 

so, do you actually find a 'need' for both the Attack Speed you have on Hysteria + using Eternal War? if that's more than you feel like you definitely need, then that can leave you with space to either opt away from Eternal War or opt for less Attack Speed on Hysteria, which either lets you fit more Damage or be less constrained on Warframe Mods.

 

either way, if you're Modding away from Range then yeah you can't utilize Prolonged Paralysis, as it needs Range. 

uh, Melee Animations are either just pressing the Melee Button and nothing else, Aiming/Blocking while doing so, moving Forwards while doing so, or doing both of those while doing so.

so the Animation sequence for moving Forwards while attacking would be... Forwards, Et Cetera. don't overthink it 🙂

These umbral mods over all give about 30% more stats than the normal variants, so I think I'll try keeping those and see how it goes. I'm able to put power drift on now with 1 extra capacity. Honestly I'm in a real pickle not having any umbral forma, and I don't think I can get any anywhere except for the very end of the nightwave, not much I can do about that right now. I tried playing her without the umbrals, but it's very, VERY bad, like getting one shotted by everything bad. I spend a lot of my time outside of hysteria to do damage with my normal sword, so the armor and health from the umbrals is pretty much required for me in higher level content, unless I just sit in hysteria which is honestly not very fun. With the umbrals I am in quite the pickle yes, sadly there's nothing I can do about it. I could maybe switch out my hunter for rage to get the extra mod slot, but besides that I'm not really sure how I could fix this.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
13 minutes ago, Richeatue said:

These umbral mods over all give about 30% more stats than the normal variants

+490% Health
+122.5% Armor
+54% Strength

vs

+440% Health
+110% Armor
+51% Strength (with adding Power Drift)

where exactly are you getting 30% more per Umbral Mod? the biggest increase over the normal Mods is Health, 790 vs 740. which isn't even close to 30% more(just shy of 7%).
you're not any significant amount more durable with those partial Rank Umbral Mods than without. an extra 50 Health and an extra 150 Amor. (790 vs 740, 2670 vs 2520).

unless you're fighting just Sentients, that would be a different matter. though there aren't any Missions where you only fight Sentients at this time, so.

Edited by taiiat
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
13 minutes ago, taiiat said:

+490% Health
+122.5% Armor
+54% Strength

vs

+440% Health
+110% Armor
+51% Strength (with adding Power Drift)

where exactly are you getting 30% more per Umbral Mod? the biggest increase over the normal Mods is Health, 790 vs 740. which isn't even close to 30% more(just shy of 7%).
you're not any significant amount more durable with those partial Rank Umbral Mods than without. an extra 50 Health and an extra 150 Amor. (790 vs 740, 2670 vs 2520).

unless you're fighting just Sentients, that would be a different matter. though there aren't any Missions where you only fight Sentients at this time, so.

My normal variants aren't maxed though, it was super expensive so I never finished maxing them. I already have drift so it's more like 54%+15%, I'd be losing quite a bit of armor from my battlecry if I swapped out umbral for normal variants. I guess I can max the normal ones then try that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
5 minutes ago, Richeatue said:

My normal variants aren't maxed though

okay - for how much easier it is to Equip the normal versions onto a Warframe (and being much cheaper to upgrade than Umbrals - if you thought those Common Mods were expensive, whoooooooooooooooooooooo boy) don't forget to still upgrade those, as that massive ease of use does still make them quite useful, hehe.
Intensify is just straight powercrepe so that one is different, and thankfully fitting 1/3 is totally doable without much trouble without adding Umbral Polarities.

Edited by taiiat
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...