Jump to content
Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Simulacrum level cap is too low.


Adblocked
 Share

Recommended Posts

I thought that there was always a technical reason for simulacrum to cap the enemy level at 10x your current mastery rank. After watching Rebecca spawning level 5000 enemies in the simulacrum during dev stream #137 it got me very jealous.😮 

It would be amazing if simulacrum caps enemy level at 100x your current mastery rank instead. In the current version of the simulacrum it is almost impossible to test high end melee weapons. Even the tougher mobs at level 165 dies too quickly for stable DPS calculation. There are mobs available in the simulacrum like Nox and Juggernaut which die slower but pose their own problem. Juggernaut don't get affected by status damage and Nox has a weird damage reduction that throw the damage numbers off. If you don't strip armor, the damage that is displayed on screen is not your weapons original damage but is the damage after running through the armor calculation.

unknown.png

This picture was taken in a mot survival against level 5000 enemies. Since the initial hit was a gas proc you won't be able to see the damage over time ticks (on the right image) in simulacrum because the mobs are already dead after the initial hit.

Currently it takes 5 hours to reach the right enemy level for testing. If Rebb can spawn level 5000 mobs in the simulacrum we should be able to do the same.😉

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Same problem. This change would be extremely helpful. One more thing to consider: is it possible to include a dummy (ball of flesh) without any weaknesses, resistances , armor, or shield so we can get at an accurate base level damage? Thanks!!

 200.gif

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

We were all saying the same thing in Twitch chat and they kept deleting them with the spam of "5000 level cap is just for devs" blah blah instead of taking note of feedback.

I would like to test against higher enemies since 170s is just normal game play. Like your post, going 5 hours in a survival can be fun but just for the purpose of testing 1 weapon is pointless. Hell, I would probably be in the simulacrum more than missions if we could spawn up to level 5000s in there. One day I'm hopeful they'll do this. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Would like to see higher leveled enemies so i don’t have to bring spawn only one enemy in the Simulacrum that would have as much EHP as lvl 300+ enemies. Weapons with certain Frame Synergies can reach lvl 300+ with ease but that’s if i survive for 100 - 120 Mins while dealing with the tedious LS. Of course with that level of damage, lvl 170s don’t stand a chance at all unless they are built like a Cement Wall.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, CopperBezel said:

I shouldn't judge how people choose to use the game, but doesn't the fact that it takes five hours to get to an enemy demonstrate that maybe it's not illustrative of much? Normal content presently ends shy of 120. = /

Yeah I understand why you don’t see a point in an update to the simulacrum like this. But there are a community out there that enjoys discovering and min maxing builds and weapon synergies. That community don’t really do it for any existing in game content instead we do it to see how far we can push our favourite weapons and frames. The holy grail for us is of course endless missions that starts at level 2000+ and scales quickly to level 9999, but since DE already have a simulacrum that is capable of spawning enemies at a really high level why not let the players have that also.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, GPrime96 said:

Would like to see higher leveled enemies so i don’t have to bring spawn only one enemy in the Simulacrum that would have as much EHP as lvl 300+ enemies. Weapons with certain Frame Synergies can reach lvl 300+ with ease but that’s if i survive for 100 - 120 Mins while dealing with the tedious LS. Of course with that level of damage, lvl 170s don’t stand a chance at all unless they are built like a Cement Wall.

For me life support is not really the biggest issue but it is tedious to keep it up for hours and hours. I believe that the current time investment needed to test a single build is too much. I also would love to see higher level enemies in missions to begin with. An interesting concept my clan mate brought up is allowing us to spawn the highest level we have defeated so far in the simulacrum. Perhaps that might also be an option? Having missions that starts at level 300 is nice, but what’s your thoughts on that level 300 mission also scales quickly and end up spawning level 5000 enemies in 30 minutes instead of 5 hours?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Adblocked said:

For me life support is not really the biggest issue but it is tedious to keep it up for hours and hours. I believe that the current time investment needed to test a single build is too much. I also would love to see higher level enemies in missions to begin with. An interesting concept my clan mate brought up is allowing us to spawn the highest level we have defeated so far in the simulacrum. Perhaps that might also be an option? Having missions that starts at level 300 is nice, but what’s your thoughts on that level 300 mission also scales quickly and end up spawning level 5000 enemies in 30 minutes instead of 5 hours?

Lvl 300s with Orb Vallis/Hollowed Flame’s Scaling, sounds fun.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The game's level cap is too low.

Obv I don't mean that literally. It's the general discouraging nature DE now has towards letting players play how they want. Enemy level is just one of many. Stealth, CC, Support. These are pretty much dead ways to play the game at this point. If a player wants to fight lvl 400 enemies they have to invest 2+ hours.

Until we can get reasonable difficulty and maybe if we're lucky some challenge within an hour; I'm not playing. Simple as that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, 14n. said:

Same problem. This change would be extremely helpful. One more thing to consider: is it possible to include a dummy (ball of flesh) without any weaknesses, resistances , armor, or shield so we can get at an accurate base level damage? Thanks!!

 200.gif

IMO if they do a target dummy it should be to possible to set what it's health, armor, and shield types are, with an none as an option for the latter two.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...