Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

For the love of God pls allow us to delay taking a daily login reward

Spam661

I like to relax when I get home at night and that usually means play 20 or 30m or so to unwind before bed. But then I either get back from a mission or I just log in after 8 and it forces me to take a daily login. Orokin cell I don't need ok i don't care about but many many times it has been a booster that I end up never using cuz I need sleep and need to get up early and work. Closing the game to avoid taking it doesn't help it still forces it to you. WHY. I would love to use a credit or resource or xp booster . I NEED ONE. but I never can actually use it . 

Just let us delay taking the daily login and remind us on logging in again or coming back from mission just like rivens do. If I could do that I could take it and actually use it the next day when I'm off. Or at the least it won't disappear over night cuz  I need sleep. 

Which btw pls allow us to turn off that annoying reminder for being over the limit on rivens. I KNOW I AM. I don't care. I have none I want to be rid of. And I'm not buy slots either stop pushing that. 

Edited by Spam661
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Spam661 said:

I like to relax when I get home at night and that usually means play 20 or 30m or so to unwind before bed. But then I either get back from a mission or I just log in after 8 and it forces me to take a daily login. Orokin cell I don't need ok i don't care about but many many times it has been a booster that I end up never using cuz I need sleep and need to get up early and work. Closing the game to avoid taking it doesn't help it still forces it to you. WHY. I would love to use a credit or resource or xp booster . I NEED ONE. but I never can actually use it . 

Just let us delay taking the daily login and remind us on logging in again or coming back from mission just like rivens do. If I could do that I could take it and actually use it the next day when I'm off. Or at the least it won't disappear over night cuz  I need sleep. 

Which btw pls allow us to turn off that annoying reminder for being over the limit on rivens. I KNOW I AM. I don't care. I have none I want to be rid of. And I'm not buy slots either stop pushing that. 

Pro Tip: You can go to your dojo Observatory, do all the missions you want from there and the Daily Login Reward won't trigger. When I want to keep playing for a while after the trigger (where I live it's at 01.00 am) I just go to my Observatory and keep doing missions from there. It won't trigger until you go to your orbiter and since you get back to the dojo after every mission...

52 minutes ago, (NSW)Belaptir said:

Pro Tip: You can go to your dojo Observatory, do all the missions you want from there and the Daily Login Reward won't trigger. When I want to keep playing for a while after the trigger (where I live it's at 01.00 am) I just go to my Observatory and keep doing missions from there. It won't trigger until you go to your orbiter and since you get back to the dojo after every mission...

However this means keeping the game running, not everyone leaves their PC or games on 24/7.

2 hours ago, Spam661 said:

Then address the problem presented or let's ask DE to put a hard limit and discard anything over that limit.

2 hours ago, Spam661 said:

I would love to use a credit or resource or xp booster . I NEED ONE. but I never can actually use it . 

The daily login boosters are to make you play then and there. That's it. If it's affecting your likelihood of buying a booster then there's literally no reason to just hand you one.

• Like 1

you always have the option to consider that you did not have that login booster in the first place (and from DE perspective, you don't, since u didn't buy any). It's important to understand what the system are trying to do - nudge you to play a little more by give u a bonus, and why that would unlikely to change.

Personally, i'm kinda against push back login reward to a later point in the day, because it normally mean you would forget about it till the next day (think argon crystal, it won't stay). I'm more lean toward letting player control when a booster duration start. That way, you would just pick the booster you want right away  at login reward screen, without any hesitation like any resource reward because u can choose when to activate it later.

(but if DE make that a thing, player would undoubtedly hoarding booster pack, and it's a bad situation for DE) 

also, off topic but the thing i wish i can access when i'm at login reward screen is the chat window, to ask ppl for opinions when i reached a weapon milestones (which would most likely snuck up on you)

• Like 1

If you skip a day and have the liberty of playing in the afternoon, you can adjust it so that it registers a login at a more convenient time for you -- the "tickover" time is still the same, but you offest your own playtime to make it more convenient.

However, if you can only play after 7/8 pm, then you're stuck. My suggestion would be to just show you the item, but give you 24 hours to claim it from the time it's awarded. It can have a little icon in the top of the UI like a read foundry item or a booster - something like "14-Hour Affinity Booster (Unclaimed)" or "6 Mutagen Samples (Unclaimed)." There's only one other rule: no more rewards until you claim the one that's waiting. 

2. You can't get another login reward until you claim the one that's waiting. 

Seems simple enough. Not likely to happen, but simple enough. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, (NSW)Feralheart said:

Or it should give a mission based booster

A mission count booster would suck.

The conversion rate would be far from optimal.
Further it would just push people to do 1+ hour runs if possible.  After all why do a 5 minute run when that counts as the exact same as a 1 hour run as far as the booster is concerned?  After all mission time doesn't matter only the count of missions run...

And if it was turned into a mission time only booster then you would see such a drastic reduction in booster time that it wouldn't be funny...

On 2020-02-01 at 8:29 AM, Spam661 said:

I don't see that happening.  After all boosters exist to do one thing: To encourage you to keep playing.

Eventually though you'll find it to be less of a worry, as you get more logins the boosters become longer and longer.  Eventually they'll last you more than 24 hours when you get one as a login reward.

I get the issue here. I usually get % off coupons after I've already spent my plat or Resource boosters in the middle of the week. I think the timing could be better for the player but it's just RNG... I mean, it's like getting a small gift from someone and going hey this is inconveiniant for me right now, how about a better one on my time?

That being said a patten of when certain items could show up could be nice.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2020-02-01 at 10:38 AM, (NSW)Belaptir said:

Once again people without a clan are screwed

On 2020-02-01 at 8:29 AM, Spam661 said:

HEY

HEY

HEY

HEY HEY DID YOU KNOW YOU HAVE 121 RIVENS DID YOU KNOW THAT HEY HEY I BET YOU DIDN'T KNOW YOU HAVE 121 SO MAYBE I'll TELL YOU HAVE 121 RIVENS CAUSE 121 RIVENS IS A THING I SHOULD TELL YOU HEY HEY HEY

Edited by -Kittens-