Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

MH crossover

(PSN)KyomaSatomi

I do wonder if DE would agree to a collaboration with Capcom. I'm speaking of a crossover between Warframe and Monster Hunter.

It might sound odd at first, but I think it also could be pretty nice.

Like having Warframe themed armor/layered armor obtainable in MH and bringing some of the more iconic weapons over too. There could be a special even quest featuring something like Phorid to fight and to obtain what's needed to craft the new stuff.

In reverse, you could get MH themed armor or warframe and weapon skins. And as well some special quests that let you get all of this - or at least BPs for it.

And honestly, I think it would be a good match.

• Like 1

The Witcher and Final Fantasy ones were able to fit fairly well due to similar themes (fantasy/magic), not sure how well a futuristic space magic ninja game would fit.

Plus there's nothing in Warframe resembling the Switch Axe, so no chance of a cross over weapon being of any use to me.

4 hours ago, (NSW)MasterDarkwingz said:

Unless DE has worked with Capcom before, it's highly unlikely that either side would risk it.

Also, DE being a Canadian company, and Capcom being a Japanese company, there's a barrier that only other Japan based companies can cross. 

(Legally and language wise.)

Remind me how Geralt got in the game.

I mean, it could work. After all, DE isn't above collabs before (three of the Domestik Drone are based off of Barbie, Iron Man, and Star Wars colours).

I don't mind seeing something like this.

7 hours ago, (NSW)MasterDarkwingz said:

Unless DE has worked with Capcom before, it's highly unlikely that either side would risk it.

Also, DE being a Canadian company, and Capcom being a Japanese company, there's a barrier that only other Japan based companies can cross. 

(Legally and language wise.)

If you were to say that roughly 10 years ago, I'd wholeheartedly agree. But nowadays, with what's going on in the gaming industry at the moment, I'm not too sure about that. After seeing Nintendo being perfectly okay with PlatinumGames publishing an IP that Nintendo (a traditionally stubborn company) co-owns (The Wonderful 101) over to their own rival (PS4), I'm now fully in believing that anything can happen at this point.

EDIT: So apparently, the Domestik Drones didn't actually have colours based on the three IPs that I mentioned (I find that hard to believe; I know for a fact that I saw the logos on the Warframe website multiple times). That said, they have done an April Fool collaboration with the devs that make Path of Exile.

Edited by (NSW)MasterJ93
Corrected misspelling of "Domestik Drone."; added EDIT
  • Like 1

Monster Hunter has a wealth of crossovers, so in terms of an armour set and weapons on their end, it wouldn't be a problem. Monster Hunter has traditionally had armour sets from all over the shop - Hunter X Hunter, Devil May Cry, JoJo's Bizarre adventure, Metal Gear Solid, and a ton more. It IS one of the biggest franchises over there. Second only to Pokémon, I believe. Universal Studios Japan has its own Monster Hunter land.

A full, two-way crossover like they did with Final Fantasy 14 though? Or one-way but with story content like the Witcher? More difficult. Both share elements of aesthetic and theming - I'm not sure about FF14, but both the Witcher and MH have the whole 'play as the Monster Hunter who's real job it is to maintain the balance, including protecting the monsters on occasion' thing. Not so much with Warframe.

Best we can hope for is an Excalibur armour set with a Silva and Aegis Sword and Shield or something, and probably not much in Warframe. Warframe doesn't traditionally do crossovers, and MH is, as I said, no stranger to one-way crossovers on account of the fact that they're so damn popular, any promotion they get from the other side wouldn't be worth the paycheck.

2 hours ago, RamonLeeYJ said:

Witcher 3 sold millions of units, won GOTY awards and recently had a Netflix show, also Geralt is literally a monster hunter

Oooooooookay.

No offence, but I wasn't asking you. I was asking the person saying that only Japanese companies that have worked with Capcom before were likely to collaborate.

Interesting idea... I'd love to fight some of our bosses in a MHW style. They'd certainly be more challenging.

But seriously... Capcom is open to partnerships of all kinds. DE is very friendly and open to new ideas. This could work indeed.

Now bring me that Big Fat Angry Pickle over to Warframe so I can defeat him with my OP arsenal. 🤬

Image result for deviljho memes

Edited by (PS4)Hikuro-93

7 minutes ago, (PS4)Hikuro-93 said:

Now bring me that Big Fat Angry Pickle over to Warframe so I can defeat him with my OP arsenal. 🤬

No, no no no...

Shagaru Magala. Mix the frenzy with the Infestation, and bring over that sweet sweet theme music.

Amusingly, that would also mean that Warframe would be connected to the Sonic multiverse, on account of the fact that Monster Hunter has crossed over with Sonic directly via the Worlds unite crossover. That would in turn make Warframe directly connected to everything from Golden Axe and Okami to Sabrina the Teenage Witch.

41 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

Oooooooookay.

No offence, but I wasn't asking you. I was asking the person saying that only Japanese companies that have worked with Capcom before were likely to collaborate.

You're in a forum.

And I'm adding that a big/reputable company like CD PROJEKT RED will have a bigger chance to do collabs with Japanese companies, Namco Bandai already did Soulcalibur VI before

Edited by RamonLeeYJ

1 minute ago, RamonLeeYJ said:

You're in a forum.

And I'm adding that a big/reputable company like CD PROJEKT RED will have a bigger chance to do collabs with Japanese companies, Namco Bandai already did Soulcalibur VI before

Why is this going over your head?

I did not ask you. Read the context. Someone said that a company that haven't worked with Capcom before and weren't Japanese were not likely to collaborate. 

My question "Remind me how Geralt got into the game" is therefore actually "So how did a Polish game developer that (to my knowledge) haven't worked with Capcom before manage to collaborate?"

know why Geralt is in the game, I'm asking that specific person why he's in the game due to their comment.

So, once again, I didn't ask you. Your answer is not the one I want, sorry but that's the way it is. Read the context.

On 2020-02-09 at 7:19 PM, Loza03 said:

No, no no no...

Shagaru Magala. Mix the frenzy with the Infestation, and bring over that sweet sweet theme music.

Amusingly, that would also mean that Warframe would be connected to the Sonic multiverse, on account of the fact that Monster Hunter has crossed over with Sonic directly via the Worlds unite crossover. That would in turn make Warframe directly connected to everything from Golden Axe and Okami to Sabrina the Teenage Witch.

Would like to see if there's a single monster that able to survive a fully charged sniper shot from chroma with vex armor and void strike

32 minutes ago, 844448 said:

Would like to see if there's a single monster that able to survive a fully charged sniper shot from chroma with vex armor and void strike

Look at the caliber of our sniper rifles. Now look at the caliber of weapons that Hunters use. They use lower-caliber artillery rounds (in rapid fire mind you) and full-on javelins, and it takes several dozen shots to cause damage to all but the weakest of beasts. As for the Elder Dragons? These bad boys are easily on the same kind of power level as Tenno. The only thing capable of dealing a significant (but notably, non-lethal) hit in one go is a Dragonator - a rotating, serrated spear as wide as a human is tall that requires several minutes of winding up to fire, likely with a couple thousand PSI. I would like to once again stress this is a non-lethal attack, as there are numerous accounts of Elders surviving these, even outside of gameplay/lore divergence. Also bear in mind there's quite a bit of gameplay/lore divergence with Warframes as well. Enough Ghouls, with the element of surprise, are capable of defeating a Warframe, canonically. 

So, yes, whilst there's probably several monsters that would be one-shot by a Tenno in such a circumstance, plenty would be able to survive. And several would probably just get pissed off.

On 2020-02-01 at 7:31 PM, DeMonkey said:

The Witcher and Final Fantasy ones were able to fit fairly well due to similar themes (fantasy/magic), not sure how well a futuristic space magic ninja game would fit.

Plus there's nothing in Warframe resembling the Switch Axe, so no chance of a cross over weapon being of any use to me.

They don't need to make a switch axe. Most events only give specific weapons, not one of each.

I'd enjoy a crossover event. Give me a Kubrow skin for my cat. 🙂

Just now, Wolfdoggie said:

They don't need to make a switch axe. Most events only give specific weapons, not one of each.

Yeah, I know, and Switch Axe wouldn't be the specific weapon since there's nothing in the Warframe universe that resembles it, therefore I'm not interested.

2 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

Yeah, I know, and Switch Axe wouldn't be the specific weapon since there's nothing in the Warframe universe that resembles it, therefore I'm not interested.

That's pretty picky. The only collab event things I actually use atm is the Palico Moogle and Resident Evil pendants, doesn't mean I'd not support the Witcher, DMC, etc being in the game, especially when they're games I like too. I guess it makes sense if you hate Warframe though.

3 minutes ago, Wolfdoggie said:

That's pretty picky.

I like what I like.

3 minutes ago, Wolfdoggie said:

doesn't mean I'd not support the Witcher, DMC, etc being in the game, especially when they're games I like too. I guess it makes sense if you hate Warframe though.

Why is every response to me in this thread so... stupid randomly off the mark? Where did I say I didn't support it because I wouldn't like the weapon? How on earth are you jumping to "hating Warframe".

I suggested that the themes are a bit too different for a cross over to make sense to me, and then also stated that I'm personally not overly interested in a crossover as it wouldn't really make much difference to me due to no comparable equipment class. Just like how the Witcher crossover means little to me as I don't like S&S.

I'm apathetic, not unsupportive.

6 hours ago, Loza03 said:

Look at the caliber of our sniper rifles. Now look at the caliber of weapons that Hunters use. They use lower-caliber artillery rounds (in rapid fire mind you) and full-on javelins, and it takes several dozen shots to cause damage to all but the weakest of beasts. As for the Elder Dragons? These bad boys are easily on the same kind of power level as Tenno. The only thing capable of dealing a significant (but notably, non-lethal) hit in one go is a Dragonator - a rotating, serrated spear as wide as a human is tall that requires several minutes of winding up to fire, likely with a couple thousand PSI. I would like to once again stress this is a non-lethal attack, as there are numerous accounts of Elders surviving these, even outside of gameplay/lore divergence. Also bear in mind there's quite a bit of gameplay/lore divergence with Warframes as well. Enough Ghouls, with the element of surprise, are capable of defeating a Warframe, canonically. 

So, yes, whilst there's probably several monsters that would be one-shot by a Tenno in such a circumstance, plenty would be able to survive. And several would probably just get pissed off.

That, without considering our immense power where we can increase our damage like crazy from mods, arcanes and abilities

From what I see on youtube, MHW has that damage numbers so one can roughly calculate the health on monster parts. I can't say but seeing people can deal 1m damage on eidolon, I doubt even elder dragons have that much health

But since I haven't played MHW (pretty expensive in my country), I can't say much