Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Need help with atlas' spikes.

Goosmo

Hi, so i wanted to make an atlas skin, but i noticed he has a lot of spikes. Is there a way to make all these spikes share the same details or texture maps, since they all have the exact same geometry? Sculpting all of them to be identical would  take too much time, and i'd probably go insane.

So as far as I can tell I believe Atlas' spikes across his whole body actually already do share the same unwrap space! You only need to sculpt and bake a single one for the rest of them to get appropriately detailed out once you reach that baking stage.

e5f15de1b6.png

You just need to sculpt the one and then bake it and it should transfer to all the others. 😄

9 hours ago, Primrosethegreat said:

So as far as I can tell I believe Atlas' spikes across his whole body actually already do share the same unwrap space! You only need to sculpt and bake a single one for the rest of them to get appropriately detailed out once you reach that baking stage.

e5f15de1b6.png

You just need to sculpt the one and then bake it and it should transfer to all the others. 😄

Oh i see, well that's easy then. Thx for the heads up!

Always check the UV before sculpting. 

In situations like this, it can avoid you some unecessary work, but sometime you it also allow more possibility or restrict stuff. For example, some warframe like Nova, Loki or Mirage has large assymetrical area that allow a lot of interesting stuff you can't do on other warframes, while some get parts that must share the same details, like Atlas/Khora spikes, Banshee's individual nails or this kind of stuff.