Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

If the Corpus ship tiles are being remastered, does that mean the Infested/Corpus tiles will be too?

xcrimsonlegendx

So the words that stood out to me was about retiring the old corpus ships, talked about new lore and possible event coming with the corpus ship rework.  So I'm going with it is just replacing the ship tile set and won't be touching the infested ship design as they would be the old design if in game lore the corpus just replaced the new ships and then in a few more months we will start to see the change over to an infested corpus ship tileset. 

Could be off base and like the lockers they will seek out and eliminate all old ship tiles. 

• Like 1

In all honestly the infested need to have at least another update dedicated entirely to them. The only new units they got in years were the nightwave ones but now those are nowhere to be found unless you do the single emissary node in the derelict. 

Personally i I would love for them to do a total redesign and have the units based on the location that is infested. For example in a corpus infested tile you will see corpus chargers instead of grineer ones, on a grineer tile you will see grineer runners etc. 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Firetempest said:

Infested are getting it's own railjack update as well so it stands to reason they will have the half infested versions of new sets eventually.

True, really looking forward to seeing what a 100% infested tile set looks like, without having to piggyback on existing faction tiles.

31 minutes ago, yarl5000 said:

So the words that stood out to me was about retiring the old corpus ships, talked about new lore and possible event coming with the corpus ship rework.  So I'm going with it is just replacing the ship tile set and won't be touching the infested ship design as they would be the old design if in game lore the corpus just replaced the new ships and then in a few more months we will start to see the change over to an infested corpus ship tileset. 

Could be off base and like the lockers they will seek out and eliminate all old ship tiles. 

I thought that it was a flat out replacer for all of the old tiles, not a lore thing. I might have missed that detail if so.

23 minutes ago, AuroraSonicBoom said:

A few months ago they moved a number of tiles that used to exclusively spawn on the corpus ship tileset to the corpus outpost set, if you noticed. I'm sure that the new tileset will get an infested look, if not at release later down the line.

I hadn't noticed actually, I just really hope if they do infest the remastered tile set that they don't just use the existing infested decor because the clutter we have now is super out of date and would look pretty bad when compared to the sparkly new tiles. Guess I'd probably be best we leave the infested ship tiles as they are until the infested Railjack update drops so they can use updated meshes and actually make it look good instead of half-assing it with current assets.

4 minutes ago, Spoop3 said:

In all honestly the infested need to have at least another update dedicated entirely to them. The only new units they got in years were the nightwave ones but now those are nowhere to be found unless you do the single emissary node in the derelict. 

Personally i I would love for them to do a total redesign and have the units based on the location that is infested. For example in a corpus infested tile you will see corpus chargers instead of grineer ones, on a grineer tile you will see grineer runners etc. 

Agreed, the infested really do need some love and a lot of lore exploration.

A redesign of the units would be welcome as well, a good many of them look pretty dated (mainly the charger and leaper/runner ) and low quality by the standards of the rest of the game. Most infested items have that quality though, the static decor, weapons, etc could all use a refresh. Bosses as well, the Hemocyte needs a total overhaul so its not just a clone of another boss and Phorid... Yeah he needs the biggest overhaul of all.

2 minutes ago, xcrimsonlegendx said:

Agreed, the infested really do need some love and a lot of lore exploration.

A redesign of the units would be welcome as well, a good many of them look pretty dated (mainly the charger and leaper/runner ) and low quality by the standards of the rest of the game. Most infested items have that quality though, the static decor, weapons, etc could all use a refresh. Bosses as well, the Hemocyte needs a total overhaul so its not just a clone of another boss and Phorid... Yeah he needs the biggest overhaul of all.

I feel the same way about the sentients but at least with the new war they are finally going to take their place as a more developed and permanent threat.

Edit: now that I think about it maybe the infested are next on the list for a revisit. The corpus are getting a lot of love currently and prior to that they were reworking grineer tiles.

Edited by Spoop3

3 hours ago, xcrimsonlegendx said:

I thought that it was a flat out replacer for all of the old tiles, not a lore thing. I might have missed that detail if so.

From the dev stream summary on the corpus ship update.

The Corpus Ship tileset is one of the oldest (if not THE oldest) in all of Warframe -- it is time for the old ships to be decommissioned, and bring out a new fleet that’s up to modern standards.

This new tileset remaster offers more lorebuilding about the founding of the Corpus. Steve also mentioned a new game mechanic, asking Tenno if they will be altruistic or greedy.

You will see these new environments in regular Corpus missions, and in the Railjack-equivalent, bringing new enemies as well!

Now that could just be a straight lore is only for a time limited even or through new scanables or something.  

Well they could just do the following from lore/consistency standpoint:

Corpus have created a new ship design to be more efficient and profitable to maintain. These are also a lot more resistant to infestations.

All old ships will be salvaged,

Any old ships showing infested signatures will be abandoned to the dark sectors and communication cut off.

New ships will actively keep infestation checks.

So i expect the old infested ship tile sets to stay. Until DE finds the time and the enthusiasm to infest the new tilesets.

13 hours ago, xcrimsonlegendx said:

Or are they going to be left in the dust like most of other infested props/weapons/units etc?

that's a separate Tileset, so not right now, no. which is kind of a shame because honestly, that Tileset kinda sucks: some of the rooms are just poorly laid out and god help you on a Kuva Siphon, trying to locate a black and red Kuva cloud against black and red infested walls. it really does need an overhaul.

12 hours ago, (PS4)Hooligantuan said:

I just hope all the remastering indicates an interest in Warframe into the PS5 era.

no reason why not. Warframe will still be running, though I dunno if they still only have to send one build for Cert when performing updates or if they have to go through cert twice with multiple PlayStation/Xbox platforms, guess we'll have to see. 

3 hours ago, ADM-Ntek said:

and what about the crashed ship tileset like on Europa.

I hope they retire that tileset. It is just so stupid, using a crashed ship as a base. Any number of things can go wrong that can wipe it out. Me personally, I would like to see a new tileset be created, like a mining facility of some kind.

13 minutes ago, (XB1)Rez090 said:

You've got that backwards, it's chargers/grineer and runners/corpus.

You missed the point friendo, I was referring to them revamping the infested units to be more specific to the environment. In the case of an infested corpus ship there should be a corpus variant of the charger because that’s more fitting then having a grineer charger randomly there.

from what i heard, they are going to get a full planet soon or later, made only by infested mass(or i'm confusing this info with the new stuff for them coming along with railjack?).

well, i know  1 thign for sure, they said they will reworking  all the old tilesets, right now, all the crewships are going to get a rework, next probably will be the corpus planets, and after that, the rest of the planets in the starchat, i know that "soon or later will happend"  has been said too many times, but the good thing is that this is a certainty.

i also heard they are working on the void tileset.

1 minute ago, TheKurtiStryke said:

from what i heard, they are going to get a full planet soon or later, made only by infested mass(or i'm confusing this info with the new stuff for them coming along with railjack?).

well, i know  1 thign for sure, they said they will reworking  all the old tilesets, right now, all the crewships are going to get a rework, next probably will be the corpus planets, and after that, the rest of the planets in the starchat, i know that "soon or later will happend"  has been said too many times, but the good thing is that this is a certainty.

i also heard they are working on the void tileset.

Infested planetoids we’re referring to future railjack content. Think basically giant floating infested trees with planetoids anchored to the ends. 

• Like 1