I am changing this because while her passive is not bad it is outclassed. Anyone can travel far in open world now at free of cost with their archwing or bullet jumps/operator dash. Tailwind is here because I feel Tailwind is not a good enough ability to have take up a slot.

Passive- TailWind:

Zephy'rs passive will remain the same however tailwind will now also be added. Pressing jump 3 times will activate a hover that she can hover around in. While hovering she will gain 100% damage increase to her weapons and 16% damage reduction (Aerodynamic and Aviator will stack with this to 80% if you so choose to put it on and the weapon damage cannot scale with any mods at all). The hover speed will be as fast as Hildryn's and she can hover near the ground or high above. Zephyr can press sprint to launch into a full flight. The flight speed is 95m/s (just as fast any Archwing but with her current passive which still says she will be faster than an Archwing) not affected by any mods at all). This will drain .5 energy per second. This may seem fast especially paired with the part of her passive that is already here but she should be fast. Zephyr should be able to fly as she was meant to do.

She will also have a special roll that rather than rolling she will fly forward (also like Hidlryn) and knock over enemies that are in a close radius around her (can be used while hovering).

1- Air Burst:

This ability is not bad its just too small. Rather than an airburst in front of her she will release a burst around her that pushes enemies away and makes tornadoes bigger that are in the area of the burst. Damage remains unchanged. Energy cost is now 25. 

2- Tornado:

Her 4 (with funnel clouds augment) is now her 2. Everything will remain the same except the funnel clouds augment is now part of it naturally (they will have to find something else to change the augment to). As I said there is no changes at all besides the energy cost being 50.

3- Turbulence:

I was in a great debate on how I wanted to do this ability. It would be too much saftey with her passive so I decided to rework it. She will now place a big wind wall in front of her it is wide and tall. It will absorb all damage taken and will make allies bullets and projectiles travel 50% faster and do 100% increased damage. Only one can be active at once. This will last for 30 seconds at max rank. Only 1 can be active at once. Energy cost is 80 energy. Augment mod will be available called Turbulence Dome. This will make turbulence a dome instead of a wall and rather than absorbing all damage it will reduce enemy damage by 75%. It will keep all the buffs to guns. The base wind wall not take away from Volt. In reality his wall will still be better as he can stack them and they increase crit chance. The dome wont take away from Forst either. 

4- Pickup (name pending):

Zephyr will do a quick jump in the air (if she is already hovering or on the ground, she will spin) and a tornado will spawn under every enemy within the area. The tornado will not make them spin around it will just pick them up and put them in a t-pose like Vauban. Each enemy will get their own tornado and the tornadoes do not do damage at all. Enemies picked up will take 25% increased damage from all sources. Any ally that is in the air when this is activated will gain increased fire rate and projectile speed temporarily (Zephyr will not benefit from these buffs). This will cost 25 energy to activate and .5 energy per enemy she picks up and ally she buffs. An Augment mod will be available that will make it so enemies that die while picked up will have a 100% chance to drop extra loot.

Zephyr deserves a rework. I enjoy her a lot and she is one of my main frames so I will always play her but she is not a good endgame frame. And she has many wrongs in her kit.
Edited by (PS4)kingblackthorn

I kinda see what you mean dude, I've gotten to like her regular frame, then got the prime but trying to fight harder enemies is a struggle 

• Like 2

ok but players should get to keep their old versions and old abilities if they want to.

16 minutes ago, SpicyDinosaur said:

no. Leave my birdframe alone,

i do want some rework but i think that you should be able to keep ur old stuff with a toggle in the arsenal V1 , V2, etc. Operators can already do this, but warframes are still stuck with mods and a few augments, and honestly zephir could really use a few new toys.

it would be fun if augments were to be built in to abilities mid combat without a mod, i think the mod versions should also have other animations and features because they take soo long, and can be aquired in more than one way, or so, so equiping another warframes mod-card or augment should maybe cause interesting effects on guns and melee and abilities, these really should also affect how operators play or gain while teleporting and shooting through wind tunnels, and pickups, realod and team mates bonuses, octavia is cool but zephir should also affect other players strategic views, or it wont sell,

reasons to recraft zephir?reasons to buy another zephir?

can players maybe then gain a focus school based on their own warframes? zephir's themes?   melee? blueprints? talons? wind focus? robes?

Edited by SnakeBadger

1 hour ago, SnakeBadger said:

i do want some rework but i think that you should be able to keep ur old stuff with a toggle in the arsenal V1 , V2, etc. Operators can already do this, but warframes are still stuck with mods and a few augments, and honestly zephir could really use a few new toys.

wait, what? How do operators do this? I want to go back to shooting a laser out of my chest. (not really)

1 minute ago, SpicyDinosaur said:

wait, what? How do operators do this? I want to go back to shooting a laser out of my chest. (not really)

Spicy beam from the solar plexus. O' i got another one, when transference during abilities are infused amps can get chibis, wind attack on dash, walking mode, just punches things, and operators finally get a reason to reload their MAGIC> top that.

3 hours ago, (PS4)kingblackthorn said:

Zephyr deserves a rework.

No! She needs to be delet! (Fite me!)

It's an interesting to consider as a Zephyr main. I love her, but fighting strong enemies with her abilities is a pain... especially when you fall behind your squad (or get remarks from said squad for having Zephyr).

3 hours ago, (PS4)kingblackthorn said:
The hover speed will be as fast as Hildryn's.

And you've already lost me. So many people look at how Titania and Hildryn can stay aloft indefinitely, and think "yeah that's flight, that's exactly what Zephyr should have". No, that's not what Zephyr should have. Zephyr is not a floating balloon, she is a swooping hawk. She is a jet plane, not a helicopter. It is true that her abilities are completely redundant (Tailwind/Divebomb is just Bullet Jump/Slam Attack) but I am not in favor of replacing them with something slow

Come to think of it, didn't DE release a frame recently based around speed? Yeah, Gauss reminds me of Zephyr, his Mach Rush and his Kinetic Plating serving as parallels to Divebomb and Turbulence. I wonder if some of his gimmicks would help our poor birdgal... 

4 hours ago, (PS4)kingblackthorn said:
Enemies picked up will take 25% increased damage from all sources. Any ally that is in the air when this is activated will gain increased fire rate and projectile speed temporarily (Zephyr will not benefit from these buffs). An Augment mod will be available that will make it so enemies that die while picked up will have a 100% chance to drop extra loot.

Now onto some compliments, this WOULD be an interesting buff to Zephyr's Tornados, give us an actual reason to use them besides just crowd control

1 hour ago, Birdynerb said:

It's an interesting to consider as a Zephyr main. I love her, but fighting strong enemies with her abilities is a pain... especially when you fall behind your squad (or get remarks from said squad for having Zephyr).

This. The only abilities useful in regular missions is her 3 and 4. And her 4 is you know... kinda a mess. 

2 hours ago, TARINunit9 said:

And you've already lost me. So many people look at how Titania and Hildryn can stay aloft indefinitely, and think "yeah that's flight, that's exactly what Zephyr should have". No, that's not what Zephyr should have. Zephyr is not a floating balloon, she is a swooping hawk. She is a jet plane, not a helicopter. It is true that her abilities are completely redundant (Tailwind/Divebomb is just Bullet Jump/Slam Attack) but I am not in favor of replacing them with something slow

Come to think of it, didn't DE release a frame recently based around speed? Yeah, Gauss reminds me of Zephyr, his Mach Rush and his Kinetic Plating serving as parallels to Divebomb and Turbulence. I wonder if some of his gimmicks would help our poor birdgal... 

Now onto some compliments, this WOULD be an interesting buff to Zephyr's Tornados, give us an actual reason to use them besides just crowd control

She would still be fast hawk. She can fly fast if she sprints. She will literally fly 95 m/s. (This doesn’t even count her current passive which is staying. Is 95m/s plus the 35% increase.  That’s just as fast as Archwings. Hover is optional to use during combat but outside of combat she can fly fast like she does now. I would never let mama Zephyr be a slow bird 

Edited by (PS4)kingblackthorn

Not a bad idea, she does need a rework after all.

Edited by Raqiya

Personally I think she needs to have her current passive removed and burried completely. She is only useful for travel in the open world zones, nothing else and that is mainly due to her extremely counterproductive gimmicky crap passive that makes her slower than every single frame in the game as soon as she goes to an indoor map.

Then her current #1 should just work like an infinite cloudwalker because she is as mentioned previously in this thread a swooper or an attack plane and not a chopper. They could add the bonus so that if you aim, she will stop mid air since she can control wind currents etc. The skill would have no channel cost as a base, just the regular 25 for toggling it on much like shifting forms on Enox. However, if you aim and make her hover it would become a high cost/sec channel, similar in cost to Rev's or Mesa's #4 skills. Also, the skill should have a hold function for traveling across the open worlds, which also makes it cost/sec aslong as you hold the button, this would increase the speed drastically.

Her shield and tornados are good skills as they are, tornados could use a tweak to be faster when homing in on targets to make better use out of them. As mentioned by OP, it could easily be a #2 skill.

Edited by SneakyErvin

You don't bird. You ain't nothin'!

Press and hold her 1 and she'll stay airborne as you say. Ok, without the moving part, but she can already stay aloft. (yes, I'm saying she can already do that if you cast her ability from the ground.) 

Turbulence already makes her extremely tanky, to the point where only flamethrowers and grenades are to be paid attention to. 

Her tornadoes, on their own are just crowd control. Start shooting them, or hitting them with melee and they kill everyone inside. And if several tornadoes occupy the same area, you get more damage dealt to those in the overlapping tornadoes. 

Only her 2 could need an increase in usefulness beyond making her tornadoes bigger. I handle kuva liches and railjack just fine. 

I like her floatiness, it allows her to just use her 1 over and over, without going crashing to the ground. to the point where archwing blinking feels slow. 

For indoor missions, especially on the reworked tiles that take bullet jumping into account (need I remind you all that most tilesets predate bullet jumping and  are awaiting reworks), she works well. And gets a lot more out lf her 1 in terms of quickly changing directions in mid air, than Rhino ever will out of his charge. 

I take it you want airburst to be a more reliable non projectile, aoe thing. That I can get behind. Or even it gaining a charge up feature that will have it move faster, or just target her tornadoes. 

And your last suggested ability is just one of Hildryn's abilities.. 

I see Zephyr to be a storm rapidly sweeping through the battlefield, only slowing to whip up more of a storm. 

Only thing that I would change on current zephyr to make her more viable, would be switching her 2 for an AOE debuff that causes enemies to be slowed and take more damage. And any tornadoes going through that area get reinforced. 

Basically, have an area where all enemies get reverse turbulence. They're slowed down, projectiles are pulled towards them, and because of that, they take more damage. 

If we Tailwind into a wall, make us latch automagically and start a small combo timer (kinda like atlas and ember have) and if you tailwind again you get bonus speed/damage, if you Tailwind into a wall again you basically divebomb into a wall and can keep the combo going, range/damage/speed scale with combo.

Tailwinding into a tornado makes it burst with an AOE (the tornado keeps going), combo affects this AOE too.

Remove second ability and replace it with some sort of party/area buff (Tailwind would now interract with tornados so airburst is redundant).

The shield is good, could make it interract with at least one other of her abilities in some meaningful way.

Not sure about tornados, they fling enemies out too often.

Passive -  maybe make it wok sort of like Gauss' battery. Only hers would base on turbulence; it would make you want to be airborne and zip around alot. Scale her abilities of how much turbulence she's caused/accumulated.

Edited by TamePingu