Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

scammers on ps4 - don't be deceived!

(PSN)NAO_otg

Question

Hello everyone,

Friendly reminder there's people in the game who will attempt to scam you of your platinum, offering things like dojo decorations, leveling help, x% coupons, etc. 

If you can't see it in the trade screen-- don't trade for it!

Ask me how I know!

Just remember, there are plenty of nice Tenno who'd help you for free... you're probably on your own for the coupon though 😉

7 answers to this question

11 minutes ago, (PS4)Hikuro-93 said:

This is more like general platform PSA, specially seeing how there's pretty much this info on several screens in-game precisely to warn people against the dangers of trusting random strangers online. Not that they heed to such advice, however.

My concern, and it's something I miss so often when I open up trade chat, is that the rules and advice fly by so fast with everyone posting in the trade chat. Think about how often you don't see it pop up when you browse chat.

And I looked around at the categories here but couldn't find a better spot than P.H.P., and I knew new players could miss or overlook something like this, given how often I personally see it happen in chat. 

This topic is really about fostering good-will among the community. I see too many people trying to prey on the uninformed, and it really brings a damper on the fun of the game as well as the health of it going forward. It's not all about plat, guys! 

Even things as (kindly) pointing people to the wiki, youtubers, warframe.market, or these very forums can be a good gesture as knowing more about the game can be a big part in having more fun. 

Don't want to sound like a blogpost, but like everything else start at safety first, then dive in right? After all, like public concerts, there's people paying real money, so that everyone can enjoy.

1 hour ago, (PS4)NAO_otg said:

My concern, and it's something I miss so often when I open up trade chat, is that the rules and advice fly by so fast with everyone posting in the trade chat. Think about how often you don't see it pop up when you browse chat.

And I looked around at the categories here but couldn't find a better spot than P.H.P., and I knew new players could miss or overlook something like this, given how often I personally see it happen in chat. 

This topic is really about fostering good-will among the community. I see too many people trying to prey on the uninformed, and it really brings a damper on the fun of the game as well as the health of it going forward. It's not all about plat, guys! 

Even things as (kindly) pointing people to the wiki, youtubers, warframe.market, or these very forums can be a good gesture as knowing more about the game can be a big part in having more fun. 

Don't want to sound like a blogpost, but like everything else start at safety first, then dive in right? After all, like public concerts, there's people paying real money, so that everyone can enjoy.

And right you are. Despite having these warning in-game it's never too much making sure people really know about it. It's certainly better to repeat this information than other types of spam we usually see in Warframe's social media platforms.

Curiously, the reverse happened to me once. This new player was asking, in the Alliance chat my clan is part of, to be taxi'd to a place where they could farm some resources they couldn't access yet. So I took them there, using my Nekros to speed up the process... And they messaged me offering to pay for my help.

I naturally turned them down and told them to never ever pay for such things... But now that I read this topic I realize, for them to assume paying to be taxi'd is normal, they must have been scammed like this in the past.

• Like 2