Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Platform Exclusive Ephemeras

EzioTheEagle

Fae Path Ephemera was only available for PC players after they activate 2FA in their warframe account so in a way it was a PC exclusive ephemera but I get it, even console players wanted to get it hence they can now buy the ephemera from Baro (after 31st Jan, 2020 update) it's a permanent item in Baro like Sands of Inaros bp. 

So we, PC players can also expect to get the Obsidian Ephemera (ps4 exclusive I guess) somehow.. 

Maybe make it available in Baro's store itself. 

7 minutes ago, Hypodermique said:

The Obsidian Ephemera was obtainable from the Renown Pack XVII Bundle, which costed $9,99; while Fae Path was free.
So that's that.

If you ask me, consoles still get the S#&$ end of the stick as even the Fae Path is still way better than anything any consoles can make. 

And the kick in the nads is that the Fae path is free... Why would you want to pay $10 for something that's not even 1% as good as the "crappiest" ephemera in the entire game?

The obsidian line up is all the PS4 exclusive cosmetics, while the jade line up is all the xbox exclusive stuff (I dont remember what the switch version of the exclusive line of cosmetics is called). The impression I got was that those use the brand colours of the console holders so I assume those were created with the intention of being exclusive from the start and in cooperation with the platform holders. 

BTW did xbox or switch get an exclusive ephemera?

The ephemera was never a PC exclusive, it was said from the beginning it would be available on consoles at a later date (aka once they figure out how/when/where they want the players to get it). And for the future; you don't speak for the PC playerbase so don't go around saying things like 

28 minutes ago, EzioTheEagle said:

So we, PC players can also expect to get the Obsidian Ephemera (ps4 exclusive I guess) somehow..

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, Voltage said:

Console has had exclusive skins and cosmetics for years now, not to mention the option to purchase TennoGen for Platinum. I wouldn't expect PC to get the Obsidian Ephemera.

And PC gets platinum discounts from daily login rewards, while consoles do not. PC also had different Prime Access bundles than console.

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, EzioTheEagle said:

Fae Path Ephemera was only available for PC players after they activate 2FA in their warframe account so in a way it was a PC exclusive ephemera but I get it, even console players wanted to get it hence they can now buy the ephemera from Baro (after 31st Jan, 2020 update) it's a permanent item in Baro like Sands of Inaros bp. 

You sure do love your ephemeras Bhai! 🤣

Edited by --C--Nehra

37 minutes ago, (PS4)Hiero_Glyph said:

And PC gets platinum discounts from daily login rewards, while consoles do not. PC also had different Prime Access bundles than console.

I'd take guaranteed plat discounts from time to time over having an RNG 75% off on one purchase from time to time. That along with being able to buy tennogen with pure plat, which means you can effectively get tennogen at a discount aswell.

Nah, Obsidian won't make it to PC since Obsidians were always a PS thing and it should remain so, let them keep what's theirs. It's probably an Obsidian deal with Sony anyways so there's no power in anyone's hands but Sony's.

I don't mind it missing. Would be nice to have it, but that's about it.

4 hours ago, Drachnyn said:

The obsidian line up is all the PS4 exclusive cosmetics, while the jade line up is all the xbox exclusive stuff (I dont remember what the switch version of the exclusive line of cosmetics is called). The impression I got was that those use the brand colours of the console holders so I assume those were created with the intention of being exclusive from the start and in cooperation with the platform holders. 

BTW did xbox or switch get an exclusive ephemera?

Xbox and Switch don’t have a exclusive Ephemera at this time.

5 hours ago, EzioTheEagle said:

If you want consoles exclusives play that console. 

Edited by (PS4)Josloud_24
Spelling

6 hours ago, SneakyErvin said:

I'd take guaranteed plat discounts from time to time over having an RNG 75% off on one purchase from time to time. That along with being able to buy tennogen with pure plat, which means you can effectively get tennogen at a discount aswell.

It's not and has never been about which is better, that's subjective. I'm only noting that there are several differences between the itemization and economies on each of the different platforms.

7 hours ago, EzioTheEagle said:

unlikely. I don't know why you'd think DE would do that when every Obsidian item has always been PS4 exclusive. same with Jade Items on Xbox.

I'd rather everyone just kept their exclusives as is: sure, I'll never own Rubedo Rhino, but I can live with that.