Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

FPS Drops.

Tyleine

Question

I wasn't having any FPS drops 3-4 months ago, I started to play again yesterday and i'm having fps drops for like every min and for every 10-15 sec if i'm in eidolons.
I checked my disk to see if there were any problems with it, event log was clear, i'm using a laptop and it overheats sometimes but i wasn't experiencing these fps drops even when it was overheating back in november. I don't think there are any problems with rams either. Any suggestions?

3 answers to this question

what are your specs ?

for some reason the game seem to force the use of volumetric lighting and particles even when disabled from the display menu, I don't know how to help you but, I think they wanted to push the game graphics and found out that most of their player base doesn't have powerful hardware, this jump of poly count and high quality lighting is causing issues for console players, and the Crazy thing is nobody seems to care about performance, all they care about is the next prime frame which is what DE keep on providing 🙂

Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
Intel i7-7700HQ 2.80 GHz (16 GB)

and HP-838F motherboard, don't know if needed as information.

I was starting to think that if problem was caused by overheating but it started to drop even when it's not heated.

I tried to optimize game settings via Nvidia GeForce Experience but it didn't work. Since the problem isn't the fps i'm getting in general.

1 hour ago, Tyleine said:

Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
Intel i7-7700HQ 2.80 GHz (16 GB)

You have a pretty decent PC to play the game, you also have 16GB of Ram which is more than enough.. make sure you update the gpu driver, also check if multithreading is active before you launch the game, if you still have fps drops try to test a different heavier game, if it runs with no fps issues then its 100% an optimization issue that DE needs to deal with, DE Steve actually mentioned they are working on a fix soon that will increase the performance.

Edited by MouadSaqui