Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Leavith

Kudos to Kubrows.... And Kavats

Simple thread why and how do you use your pets... At this point, it ain't about much of he said she said they can do that or theory, but like for real...

I got all the pets except for the latest dog breed.... But so far no matter what i do unless i am purposely doing all i can for them they aren't too useful.

It mainly comes down to there attack settings not being able to do much, but the idea that i have to mod my frame and weapon to make my kubrow viable is completely anti the idea of them being a tool for support. Instead of me being supported, i am supporting them.

Yes i do understand give your pet to your tanky warframe because they will have better stats is cool and all, or give them the auxiliary mods for more health shield and armor. However we still have the situation of it being a bad AI, or maybe i am using them wrong... Maybe we are intended to support them.

i think they said they are adding commands to pets, that actually solves the problem of incompetent AI

Because of their AI, using pet for damages is wrong since they barely do any damage and rarely focus the target you want.

Right know, I use a Chesa as a stick for Fetch, Anilmal Instict, Synth and Mecha set as long as the Retrieve ability, which is a AoE ability that won't be affect by the AI.
I use :

• Link Armor and Heath Link which both increase the pet survivability (even more when Mecha Pulse is active), with Primed Pack Leader since I play melee a lot.
  • Synth Fiber, Syth Deconstruct, Mecha Recharge and Mecha Overdrive for their set effect. Their stats are not that bad, but it's really for the set effect, so you don't need to max them.
  • Fetch, Retrieve and Primed Animal instinct for loots.

So yeah, overall the pet give me buffs, use 3 mods in the build for survivability and almost don't rely on AI to perform well. The Mecha set target is random it's not really if you can spot and kill the target fast, or use some AoE weapons/powers.

Commands for pet gives me FFXIV summoner PTSD flashbacks, but is a necessary thing as I would love to keep my cat following me at all times instead of attacking enemies in vain, that's right your furry thing, you do no damage at all! 

I use my smeeta for the buffs aswell as having it as an extra source of random healing.

Link HP+Armor+Shield, 2x precepts, Tek Enhance, Hunter Recovery, Pack Leader (no need for more than regular), Fetch and Maul. That is my regular setup. On frames where the pet wont get any benefit at all from shields I just replace it with sharpened claws. On Nezha I replace Mischief for Synth Fiber, which results in both Nezha and the pet recieving massive amounts of armor due to Health Conversion, since Synth Fiber removes the need for a frame to be below 100% HP in order to pick up health orbs.

Kubrows and kavats work the best alongside a tanky melee oriented playstyle, in my experience. It just so happens that is my favorite way to play, so I have been running a kubrow sidekick for a long time, ever since the pre-universal vacuum days. These days it is more of a tradition/dedication thing to run my kubrow then anything. There are some things I absolutely won't take her on though, such as arbitrations (insta-kill at higher levels, no revive) and Eidolon hunts (100% completely useless). But sorties, 1hr kuva survivals, deep endless relic runs, murmer farming, all game.

Sentinals and MOAs are best alongside people that like to stay out of the thick of things and shoot or cast powers a lot. I tend to use them whenever I use Frost for defenses, Helios for new scans, and Djinn for arbies.

In the end, play how you want to. You don't need to meta setup to have fun and complete stuff. Unless running meta stuff is your fun. To each their own. That's what is great about this game.

I consigned all mine recently, save for my Adarza. I'm waiting until the AI rework, then I'll go for the Vasca Kavat, which I've yet to try out. oh, and that melee MOA too. might be amusing if nothing else.

7 hours ago, Leavith said:

I got all the pets except for the latest dog breed....

When did this happen? New Kubrow Species!!!

7 hours ago, Leavith said:

Simple thread why and how do you use your pets...

Why? Hmm, because I want to, it seems like a good idea to take them on a spin on POE, let them experience some nature. Except Smeeta, which I use for (maybe) getting better loot (hail RNGesus). 

How? Well, I use them with Saryn, Octavia or Inaros. As you know, due to Inaros and melee attack heals it's nigh impossible for them to die. Octavia makes them invisible so it goes a long way in survival, and with Saryn I keep using her to buff my melee so my pets constantly get health regen. 

P.S. Excited to hear that we can have all our pets simultaneously on board the ship. (At least that's what I overheard someone saying about a recent devstream.)

I don't. I hatched my first kubrow and like him too much as a puppy to let him grow up