Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New mechanic just hear me out

Jadous

OK so i was thinking of a way to progress more in warframe but without it being easy, mainly targeting the veterans or people that have a lot of free time on their hands. So my idea is adding a new mechanic that could give players a sense of limitless progression. Now i know a lot of you will disagree but hear me out. so basically we have this new type of "forma" but its not actually a forma and what it does is it works like a regular forma but instead of changing the mod polarities you actually add 1 stat for warframe/weapon etc. in order to avoid powercreep every 5 of this "new forma" (so reset weapon rank or wf rank 5 times) and you will be able to add 1 hp,1 shield, 1 damage, etc. now this "new forma" could be hard to obtain on top of that. what we are left with is an endless way for the players to slowly get stronger and having a reason to play the game because of a sense of progression. Please share your thoughts below even if you disagree say why and lets discuss this.

(numbers could be adjusted as DE sees fit but still i thought that is an interesting little something for players that like to main a certain warframe or weapon even if its out of meta or weak while giving it a constant feeling of progression).

Edited by Jadous
fixed typo

2 minutes ago, (XB1)Lucas Jameson said:

No. I'd rather rebuild my entire railjack, 72hr timers included, every time it dies in a mission than add a battle royale just because "everyone else is doing it"

lmao i agree this isn't fortnite XD

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nightwolf9 said:

naah.. mate..

This wouldn't be good for Warframe. First this isn't RPG, Second you have mod.

The actual thing we need is some Battle royal for Warframe.. it would look like Apex but much better because all Warframe have unique skill

I say no to both.

3 hours ago, Teliko_Freedman said:

Almost sounds like the Badass system in Borderlands.

I was legit just gonna suggest that lol. that system works reasonably well though, as it takes a long time to acquire a bonus that you actually notice, and there are diminishing returns (the skill goes up by 1%, then 0.7%, then 0.5% etc.) to encourage spreading your points across multiple skills instead of just investing in one.

it could also be acquired passively, and potentially give unique cosmetic rewards, like Guardian Ranks in Borderlands 3, the latest evolution of the Badass Points system.

1 hour ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

I was legit just gonna suggest that lol. that system works reasonably well though, as it takes a long time to acquire a bonus that you actually notice, and there are diminishing returns (the skill goes up by 1%, then 0.7%, then 0.5% etc.) to encourage spreading your points across multiple skills instead of just investing in one.

it could also be acquired passively, and potentially give unique cosmetic rewards, like Guardian Ranks in Borderlands 3, the latest evolution of the Badass Points system.

I actually didn't know that it was from another game but that's pretty cool. If another game already has that system in place then Warframe can borrow that from borderlands while changing it to suit warframes style. just like the  existing system which is heavily inspired by shadow of war/Mordor(kuva liches).

Unless it's a very miniscule amount and a virtually useless value, you're going to create a frustrating specialization grinding game that puts newer equipment behind an annoying wait timer. Elsword has the ERP system similar to this with really tiny numbers but after grinding for a year, you will begin to see very noticable differences. 0.35% or 0.2% doesn't sound like much but when you are 200 levels in, which is months of mindless grinding, you have 35% more damage and 20% less cooldown which can bump you to the threshold of nuking enemies to death rapidly.

What makes it worse is that you want it to be to individual equipment, incentivising players to specialize with old formulas for the rest of their life to avoid losing 6 months of grinding on the Rubico Prime, ignoring all other sniper rifles that isn't an absolute power creep.

The only way you can do this without upsetting the game's design is if the bonuses are account-wide and if the bonuses are very minor. However, you walk a really fine line between a useless time sink with an extremely poor return and something that will hinge the game further into curbstomp land where the older players are sweeping gameplay away even more than what we have now.

We don't really need the game to be easier for the older players who already have everything. It'll open the game up to more complains about being too easy, being too grindy or being frustrating to anyone who hasn't been playing for more than a year constantly.

• Like 1

Instead of a permanent stat increase something that boosts the stats for limited time.

Lets say some sort of infested serum that the Helminth injects, 

Would give you a boost that is half as effective as a mod, and give negatives that are quarter as effective. 

Imagine a stim or rivens of 0.5 dispo that dissolve in a day or after a few missions for Warframes. 

At the current stage permanent powercreep, no matter how tiny would not be something I see helping the game from a balance perspective. 

We are already capable of reaching pretty high levels of power. 

i want to suggest similar thing only with boosting mods instead of forma that can be used only in that specific place whatever that is, some specific survival mission since we don't have anything better, but anyway what you gonna gain in return that you need and not affect others that don't wanna "participate" or play that long and not asking for nerf or someting???

7 hours ago, RX-3DR said:

Unless it's a very miniscule amount and a virtually useless value, you're going to create a frustrating specialization grinding game that puts newer equipment behind an annoying wait timer. Elsword has the ERP system similar to this with really tiny numbers but after grinding for a year, you will begin to see very noticable differences. 0.35% or 0.2% doesn't sound like much but when you are 200 levels in, which is months of mindless grinding, you have 35% more damage and 20% less cooldown which can bump you to the threshold of nuking enemies to death rapidly.

What makes it worse is that you want it to be to individual equipment, incentivising players to specialize with old formulas for the rest of their life to avoid losing 6 months of grinding on the Rubico Prime, ignoring all other sniper rifles that isn't an absolute power creep.

The only way you can do this without upsetting the game's design is if the bonuses are account-wide and if the bonuses are very minor. However, you walk a really fine line between a useless time sink with an extremely poor return and something that will hinge the game further into curbstomp land where the older players are sweeping gameplay away even more than what we have now.

We don't really need the game to be easier for the older players who already have everything. It'll open the game up to more complains about being too easy, being too grindy or being frustrating to anyone who hasn't been playing for more than a year constantly.

I get your point of view and you might be right. Unless the balancing for it is adjusted. I just gave a general idea of what the system could look like and it's purpose if there is a better way I'm all ears. For example the stats boosts could be capped but easier to obtain or would be a minor reward for people that grind and play alot. I just felt like its a really cool idea and worth sharing nonetheless.

On 2020-02-03 at 1:38 AM, Nightwolf9 said:

at least no RPG things, because RPG is sucks and you had to sit a hundred hour and hour to get bonus stats? meeh 90% will quit instantly

Bro what do u even mean?? Warframe is literally a fantasy rpg action game lol

15 hours ago, ADM-Ntek said:

just what the game need more grind.

I see what you mean but Warframe in it's core is kinda a grindy game + these changes are minor so not mandatory in any way. Not nearly as strong or impactful as a riven or anything of that nature.

• 1 year later...