Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Use Aura Forma on Melee Stance Slot

VerminLord722

I had this idea a while back that you should be able to use the aura forma on the stance slot of a melee weapon given that it functions exactly the same way an aura does on a Warframe with regards to mod capacity and the like. It would open the way for more diversity among melee mod builds because certain builds (and therefore play-styles) use different combos.

• Like 1

Although aura mods work the same as stance mods, there is a crucial difference in that you might have a reason to have multiple auras for multiple builds on a single warframe. You aren't likely to ever want more than one stance on a weapon, you pick your favourite stance, or use the one that has the correct polarity and then use it across all builds for that weapon

Really, just unify stance polarities or get rid of them entirely. ( Giving the extra capacity directly.) It's silly that if you like certain weapon classes you have to deal with polarities, but otherwise you can ignore them.

Edited by Tiltskillet
  • Like 2

17 hours ago, VerminLord722 said:

I had this idea a while back that you should be able to use the aura forma on the stance slot of a melee weapon given that it functions exactly the same way an aura does on a Warframe with regards to mod capacity and the like. It would open the way for more diversity among melee mod builds because certain builds (and therefore play-styles) use different combos.

Just bump my thread ^^

• 3 weeks later...

Please DE, make all stances same polarity! If not, explain us why, please!

Or please, DE, add "stance formas" that will make evry stance match just like an aura forma functions on the fitting polarity for aura mods! if not, why please??

the following i added into another very similar thread

Spoiler

i hope, when something is written into a thread, it pops back up on the overview of ... "weapons" threads in this case.

DE, please tell us, (how) are there thoughts of adding "polarity-always-matching"-formas for melee stances?

Clearly, some players would not see the meaning behind all this, that is okay.

But there are true ninjas amongst us Tennos, who are aware of the different advantages (or disadvantages) of the style, in which u wield your melee-weapon.

Sometimes it is aboud guaranteed procs within a combo, sometimes it is about "arching the blade in circles around" vs. "keep staggering forward" ->I am aware, that different combos within ONE stance can provide these variation already! but still,... 

last but not least

It is "all about style, knowing who you are and not giving a damn...", ...when you have a favorite weapon and it is for instance a nikana, then you are lucky, that all stances have the same polarity. But i do want to know, how many chose a nikana to be their favorit one, becasue other weapons lack the "matching varietée of styles", because of the different polarities of the stances of course!

If there is a reasonable meaning behind the decision, of not adding stance-formas? Please let us  know!

I possibly would pay plat for such formas! Players would pay plat for these formas (as stated in this thread already)

Fellow Tennos: Why (if so) are you against adding such a forma? I can only imaging that you fear, that, time and work spent for this, is missing elsewhere for something more important?

Would anyone feel disadvantaged?

Edited by nyxtasy