Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tetra/Prisma Tetra might be bugged badly

Kareekoe

I've noticed that Tetra/Prisma Tetra as a weapon has changed, there doesn't seem to be any patch notes for this change to Tetra/Prisma Tetra leaving me to believe that this is a bug, but i'm not sure

For some reason, Tetra/Prisma Tetra shoots differently now.

It's bullets used to go quite far in it's range and fly through the air for a decently long time, long enough to easily use all of it's bounces on Kinetic Ricochet without needing additional Projectile Speed mods. it also used to fly through the sky for a good long while too if you were to shoot it into the sky, it would paint the sky with a beautiful display of energy balls that would last about 5 seconds or so before poofing/hitting it's max range.

I assume Tetra/Prisma Tetra was a max range based weapon before this weird and likely bugged change happened, meaning that after the energy bolts hit it's range threshold that the bolts would disappear, or if all bounces were used, the bolts would disappear.

Now to explain what the "bug" specifically is to clarify my issues and problems with the state of this weapon:

1. The "bug" seems to be that it added a 1.5 second or so life time to the energy bolts that the Tetra/Prisma Tetra Fires.

2. Not sure if Tetra/Prisma Tetra had a life time to it's bullets along side the seeming max range, but i do know that if it did have a life time originally it certainly WASN'T 1.5 seconds and WAS something comfortable like 5 second or more that could easily use all bounces of Kinetic Ricochet while not staying alive for too long.

3. Not only does this make Kinetic Ricochet unplayable but also makes it so that you are forced to use + projectile speed to get the most out of the seemingly "bugged" and limited life of the projectiles, and i hate being forced to build something to attempt to enjoy a weapon for what it's intended to be able to do, i shouldn't HAVE to build and insane projectile speed to use not even half of the 6 bounces. (with this bad projectile life time, even with an insanely fast projectile speed build, it can't all 6 bounces unless it's in a super compact close quarters non-sense situation, which is pretty bad, un-enjoyable even with a insanely high projectile speed)

4. When your playing with a non-kinetic Ricochet negative projectile speed riven curse build the 1.5 second projectile life time straight up ruins the range of the gun just as badly as the other builds, it makes negative projectile speed riven curse (something that was playable and fun before) into an insanely low range snore that's unplayable, it used to be such a pretty thing to look at, hilarious to just see a grinder get slapped by a stream of overwhelming bolts of color. (i use pink energy because i like the idea of just booping Grineer with the powerful color of love and friendship, because memes.)

5. All around, this projectile life time, "bug" or not, makes the gun boring and meh compared to what it used to be, it used to be one of the most visually awesome guns to see firing it's lasers and very satisfying to watch it all travel for quite a good while and bounce around all over the place due to it's projectiles staying alive for long enough to enjoy and make good use of, it used to be the god gun of bouncing projectiles, it's now reduced to a pathetic gun that's weeping sadly in a corner and collects dust due to it's awful and likely unintentional fall from grace.

6. It never was an op gun to begin with and was always at most, a semi-decent gun, but this thing i think is a "bug" kicked it so hard while it's doing it's own thing, minding it's own business, and had it's thing taken away like it was encroaching on something like it was mag map nuking everything, it's now a 5 disposition gun with nothing entertaining to give, what made it entertaining was destroyed and removed.

7. The Projectiles go +30% further stat on the Kinetic Ricochet seems to be completely ignored thanks to the 1.5 second life time of the projectile, it's a stat that does nothing now, thanks to this Projectile Life Time

Conclusion and possible fixes:

1. Intentional or not, this 1.5 second or so projectile life time is bad for the Tetra/Prisma Tetra, mmmk? Increase the Tetra's/Prisma Tetra's projectiles to have 5 second or more projectile life time or maybe just outright patch and remove the projectile life time thing and make it purely projectile range based.

2. Please consider buffing the Tetra/Prisma Tetra again to make it easier to compete against other much more powerful guns that currently exist, which easily beat the Tetra/Prisma Tetra in performance.

3. If a Projectile Weapon has a Projectile Life Time and a Projectile Range stat, I would suggest adding a Projectile Life Time and Projectile Range stats into the stat lists in the Arsenal's Weapon/Upgrade Menus for Projectile Weapons.

4. Please consider adding a good set of mods for Projectile Weapons that increase the Maximum Projectile Range and Maximum Projectile Life Time, i know i will definitely use them on many of my projectile weapons, especially if their good.

(I would prefer if all of the above was done and used as doing all of these things would give a maximized effect towards fixing Tetra while helping other projectile weapons with the more general projectile changes and additions)

Thank you for reading all of this if you did, I did my best to list all my current woes about Tetra/Prisma Tetra, so i hope this is helpful to make the game play experience better for projectile weapons and the gun this post is mostly about.

Thanks again for making it through the post and having the patience to do so, good luck and have fun, please stay happy and healthy.

Cheers.

- Kareekoe The Region chat Fox Birb (I'm an Avian Kitsune)

Seagulls, Stop it now.

Edited by Kareekoe
merged two of the possible fixes together and added emphasis on taking and using all of my fix suggestions because i think it's quite important.

Two years ago:

Different problem with the same cause. It was likely my misunderstanding of what the mod was supposed to do compared to what I wanted it to do.

3 hours ago, Kareekoe said:

makes it so that you are forced to use + projectile speed to get the most out of the seemingly "bugged" and limited life of the projectiles, and i hate being forced to build something to attempt to enjoy a weapon for what it's intended to be able to do, i shouldn't HAVE to build and insane projectile speed to use not even half of the 6 bounces.

The mod will only allow a sixth shot in conjunction Terminal Velocity. Why? Ask Digital Extremes, because I sure don't have an answer for you. Not to mention if the roll of dice decides that you deserve the rare and elusive 6th bounce. I did some testing with a friend a while back after my post was closed. It appears that if it doesn't have a surface to bounce off of within a short span of time, it will expire.

If my post was anything to go by, this will be uneventful for you and I.