Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Cautious Shot rework

daktfi

The basic idea is simple: CS as it is now only worth any notice if it's maxed out. I suggest change the self-damage reduction to exponential, starting at 1/2 initially and then halving with each upgrade, 1/2 -> 1/4 -> 1/8 and so on, ending at 1/2048 (~0.05%). To compensate for this base damage reduction can be made exponential as well, only steeper, ending at some 16% or even 32%. This way even without any upgrade the mod is worth notice, and EVERY STEP of upgrade is NOTICEABLE... in both self-damage and base damage reduction. AND the mod will turn even most powerful self-damaging weapons into mostly safe...

Maybe for this rework the mod need to be changed from 10-levels to 5-levels, starting from 1/3 self-damage reducing damage 3 times each level and 1% base damage reduction doubling each level. Or some other numbers - I think for maxed-out mod reducing self-damage to ~1/1000 is quite enough, and some 20% base damage reduction is appropriate as well...

• Like 1

i'd rework it in a different way.

It would be kind-of "Shield-Gating" but only triggered by self damage.

"Grants immunity for (x) seconds if player inflict mortal self-damage".

In all honesty, it could even be triggered by any damage!

This comes from arbitration right? ... then the farm for it might even be worth it 😉

Well, immunity to self-damage sounds good... A bit too good, IMHO.

AND, more important, you can't split immunity into 10 levels - only duration, but it's meaningless as soon as it kicks in in time to prevent said self-damage.

Found another solution: disallow the self-damage to leave player with less than 5% of current health, raising to 55% at level 10. This way ANY weapon with self-damage will still be quite dangerous, but non-instakilling.

Edited by daktfi

9 hours ago, (PS4)EmilsTekcor said:

Honestly it takes up a mod slot, just make it cost 15 and completely null self damage.

Well... this idea definitely has it's merits... But I think the all idea behind self-damaging weapons is to be risky... So, zero self-damage just kills this "Oh, sh****, I did it again! Smb, pls, rvv me!" mechanics... 🙂