Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please allow reset at level 30!

DogsConkers

So as we approach the big level 30 sometime this year I think it would be a great idea to have option to reset your game at 30 back to MR 0.... yep you lose all frames, weapons, credits, focus, plat, mods, endo the whole shebang. You just get one unique stripe for your shoulder and keep your stats which will have a new indicator on the stat page showing you reset.

Steam achievements will all go to bronze because guess what? You can reset 2 more times after this and then get gold ones and a max of 3 shoulder stripes 🙂

• Like 2

You should really reconsider the rewards given for a MASS reset, like you mentioned. And even if a mass reset were to happen, i WANT to keep my warframes, weapons, slot, EVERYTHING honestly. Just get rid of all of my resources, and maybe, JUST maybe reset everything to Unranked, rather than losing them. You know, some Tenno has Excalibur Prime, losing that would be a pain.

• Like 14

so u saying that we should wipe the entire progression after we reach MR30?
is DE actually going out from the Beta phase? 😮 Server wipe? All that frames, mods, weapons, Focus, Intrinsics disappears just for a single stripe saying "PRESTIGE"

what does this "PRESTIGE" do though? does it shows how dedicated u were for the past years for collecting those things in game and u willing to do it again? Not once, twice? thrice? THOUSANDS?

I am quite intrigued by your idea, would you kindly elaborate this "PRESTIGE" thing you speak of.

6 hours ago, DogsConkers said:

So as we approach the big level 30 sometime this year I think it would be a great idea to have option to reset your game at 30 back to MR 0.... yep you lose all frames, weapons, credits, focus, plat, mods, endo the whole shebang. You just get one unique stripe for your shoulder and keep your stats which will have a new indicator on the stat page showing you reset.

Steam achievements will all go to bronze because guess what? You can reset 2 more times after this and then get gold ones and a max of 3 shoulder stripes 🙂

This better be a joke because it makes no sense at all, with all due respects, were you tripping or something?

I don't get what's the point of reseting your progress to 0... like why would anyone want to get rid of all the platinum they have ??

I doubt that anyone would want to wipe years of grind for a cosmetic 😄 

9 minutes ago, (PS4)UltraKardas said:

The funniest thing to me about this ridiculous question, is that your Mastery Rank according to the forums is mastery rank 2. 

Forum rank has nothing to do with mastery rank, it just shows how much stuff you posted on the forums ( the op is mr 28 btw)

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, suchamess said:

I don't get what's the point of reseting your progress to 0... like why would anyone want to get rid of all the platinum they have ??

I doubt that anyone would want to wipe years of grind for a cosmetic 😄 

Forum rank has nothing to do with mastery rank, it just shows how much stuff you posted on the forums ( the op is mr 28 btw)

Doesn't really matter either way. Low Forum rank just means he has no idea how unpopular and unused this prestige would be. Out of all of warframe's millions of players, maybe 3 people would use the system for "elitism status" and 2 of them would send in a support ticket admitting they did it by accident.

A reset isnt a bad idea. But somethings I would not want to lose, my plat, my unlocked weapons, my warframes and my fashion items being top of the list.

But reset my Mastery, Focus, Factions, Cetus, Fortuna, Quills, Solar System Unlocks, Quests, hell, take away my Railjack even (as long as the materials are immediately refunded). Kuva can go to zero in the reset too. So I can play through the story and content again, unlocking mods and progression if i want, or using my plat to buy etc. Pets can go too but not their cosmetics.

But what do I get in return? I wouldnt mind a special non-tradeable something. Something that all my warframes can equip like a special chest or shoulder piece. A Prime Warframe that only a reset can unlock, that's not buyable in the store maybe (Ooooooo - leetness intensifies). Or an ephemera that only a reset can get you. My name would get a special tag ("beloved of the Lotus"... or something... "no lifer"?... I dont know...), a special orbiter skin so people in the loading screen know whose presence they share the map with, a special fashion frame set with a cool effect that cant be bought in the store or traded. A big-badaboom-eff off-eff yoo weapon that requires a reset before you can use it? Access to a special focus school maybe? 

In short - play to my inner leetboi. pleeeease do. I wont say anything obnoxious in chat or on the forums. I promise. I'll only think it in my head and giggle at the plebs. But I will leet-walk around relays as MR 0, in my shiny reset, reborn gear humming Little Big's song to myself. You know which one I mean. Dont lie 😉 

I'm MR 18. But this might give me incentive to farm affinity and head for that magic MR 30.

• Like 2

Just now, (PS4)UltraKardas said:

I really don't think you know how much you need to grind to get to mr 30. 

You aren't even half way there.You will need almost 3x the amount you have currently to hit mr 30. 

That is to my point exactly. Why should I care about MR 30 when I can access anything I want to at MR 18. And as to effort needed - that is what would make the leet-ness factor worth it then no? Unless there are real, tangible, unique identifiers associated with a resetter I see no reason to put in the effort or to care about hitting MR 30 and resetting. And to DE's credit, they do e-peen better than any game available at the moment. 

*humms THAT Little Big song* SING IT WITH ME!

I was about to answer, but it started being a huge wall of text which ended up being a different concept (from the same idea though), so I made its own topic istead.
Overall, it's a prestige idea that doesn't completely remove your progression, allow you to switch between both modes and have different rewards :